Gotta hand it to the right, they sure can pull a fast one.

The USDA and the NAACP should have verified the story before they jumped the gun and threw Ms Sherrod under the bus.

They only checked it after they drove that big ass bus over Ms. Sherrod.

Then, Golly Gee, Whoops, they found the story was taken out of context. OOOPPPPSSS.

Now of course its everyones fault but their own.

Always easy to blame others for your ineptitude.

Typical. Jeeze.

HMMMM , I cant help but notice you left out Fox news, they dont have to verify the "news" they put on the air?

Hmmm. YOu must have seen Zona's post on the other thread. How original of you TM. LOL

But what does one expect from you?? You wouldn't have an original thought if it hit you in the face.

As for Fox. They screwed the pooch on this story. They aren't the first news organization to do so. Nor will they be the last.

Lets just hope in future folks get it right before they open mouth and insert foot and fire someone without verifying the story. Jeeze.

Fox news will not stop lying becuase they have to lie to defend the right.

Their lies will not stand anymore

I think rdean was beat up by the school bully and that bully was a republican.

Nah, he just doesn't allow himself (or herself?) to be intimidated by the noisy right. And boy do you people ever try.

anyone notice how it is that every lefty IS ALWAYS THE POOR POOR VICTIM.

and of course it not ever their fault, as it's now FOX NEWS, THE RIGHTIES, BLAA BLAA BLAA.

lefties are either constantly OUTRAGED OR THE POOR VICTUM.

all together now.........awwwwwwwww

you can bet they wouldn't be shedding a tear if this had been a Republican.:lol:

Nobody in the media pays any attention to Republican shenanigans, that's why. The guy running for Governor of Colorado, for example, caught plagiarizing then blaming someone else for it. How much air time did that get? If it had been a Dem, and if it had happened even six months ago, we'd still be seeing it recycled by Republican bloggers. Hell, they're even still talking about Biden's plagiarizing a college thesis 40 years ago!!

Conservatives have the loudest voices this political cycle, and I know why. Do you?

fox news is balanced somewhere between rightwingnut and malitia audiance

More proof that the administration was absolutely right in their assertions that Foxnews is NOT a news organization.

Maybe this incident will compel the administration to man up and knock Fox, and the rest of the rightwing propaganda machine, on its ass.

Except that that would only draw further fire. Unfortunately, I think that's what they were trying to avoid by jumping the gun and firing Sherrod. The last "racist" news story involved Obama going on the defense for Professor Gates and he got royally smacked for doing so before all the facts were in. This time, he (via Vilsack) went on the attack against Sherrod before all the facts were in. Trying to APPEASE a hostile conservative public who believe the commentators on FoxNews are Godly is impossible. Fox is nothing but a rumor-mongering racist TV tabloid, and it's high time their baiting lies are simply ignored by MSM and the administration.

More proof that the administration was absolutely right in their assertions that Foxnews is NOT a news organization.

Maybe this incident will compel the administration to man up and knock Fox, and the rest of the rightwing propaganda machine, on its ass.

Fox News is, of course, both informative and respectable.

I had a different view of the story until I saw post #14, in this thread...which is dispositive and enlightening.

If Fox showed the official referring to not helping a white as an indication of her being racist, it was also Fox, Glenn Beck Show, that put it in perspective.

The leftwing doctrinaire closed-minded folks, such as yourself, have to ignore the Glenn Beck vid in #14 to keep up the clearly uninformed rant.

With reference to myself, I have always believed that it was both childish and malicious to watch folks getting fired, almost always whites, for saying something which 'offendened' some one or some group.
I know that it would take one of the most potent weapons from the left, but cries of 'racism' are so five minutes ago. There is nothing constructive about the ploy.

Then what do you think the intent was behind Brietbart's clip?

I can't believe that from under the Bush/Cheney energy policy we are giving 35 billion a year in subsidies to oil companies. Democrats want to stop the practice and every single Republican voted against it. All but two voted against extending unemployment benefits that will cost 30 billion. The American people will probably vote GOP in November. Go figure. Stop the subsidies and use the money for unemployment. Maybe I should apologize to BP for even thinking about it.

Meaning that it was not the Glenn Beck Show?

Or, what, then, was the lie?

The lie was the poster's claim that Foxnews never ran with this story until after she was fired.

C'mon...grow up.

You angry leftists are so quick to throw not only the 'racist' accusation, but the word 'lie'.

Now, here you are challenged to prove the lie charge, and you are unable to do so.

Were I a leftist, I would, of course, accuse you of 'lying' with your charge, as it is clear that the video provided in post #14 is in no way a lie, nor could you misunderstand my post which indicated that the vid was dispositive as to Fox being fair.

So, I'll simply leave you with the brand of immature, angry, sophomoric, spittle-spewing, left wing janissary, infused with the desire to paint opponents with vituperation, rather than banter about the value of each others' ideas.

There, now, isn't that more literate than 'lying racist'...

I do hope after your rant, you will proceed to answer my question: What was Mr. Brietbart's intention in posting only the portion of the Sherrod video which seems to indicate she is spewing nothing but racist comments? Was it, gasp, a desire to paint opponents (particularly black people) as angry racists?

What is Limbaugh's or Beck's "intent" when they take some innocuous comment uttered by someone in the Obama administration, or the president himself, and create an entire show about it?

Even if this assertion about Oreilly is correct... he is not a newscaster. He is a commentator giving his opinion. He should still be accurate with his opinion, but he isn't a newscaster.

Shirley Sherrod, we now know that her video was edited, yet it was played on Fox again and again. And when poor Shirley was forced to resign, Fox comes out with a report, just tonight, that Obama threw an "innocent" woman under the bus. Now, Fox says she's innocent. Only now.

Except, you have zero evidence that Fox even played the clip until after the Administration forced her to resign over it. In fact, watching Fox will tell you the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkaBr_g5zkM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - July 20, 2010[/ame]

Of course, you will continue to pretend Fox has been attacking her all along. But the fact is, you idiots fired her before anyone knew about the story.

Not to mention... on the local news today, they had a caller trying to defend this racist bitch saying "she was taken out of context"... the problem is that she sure reveled in riling up the crowd with her story of 'sticking it to this white farmer'... and the crowd would not be knowing that she would be adding more at the end, was SURE APPLAUDING her story of what she did... showing even more the racist bullshit of the NAACP

But we will have the leftists defending racism once again, as long as it is within their ranks

The USDA and the NAACP should have verified the story before they jumped the gun and threw Ms Sherrod under the bus.

They only checked it after they drove that big ass bus over Ms. Sherrod.

Then, Golly Gee, Whoops, they found the story was taken out of context. OOOPPPPSSS.

Now of course its everyones fault but their own.

Always easy to blame others for your ineptitude.

Typical. Jeeze.

There was the problem for the NAACP in that they had just cast out the charge that the Tea Party was 'racist,' and didn't want to be tarred with the same brush...

And the administration had been so thoroughly dinged by exposures of prior vetting errors that that sought to end the episode quickly...Anita Dunn follows Mao, and Van Jones claims to be a communist...

sort of hoist by their own petard, huh?

And the irony is that Glenn Beck outflanks them! He indicated that the official was not behaving in a 'racist' manner.

You're absolutely right that it was the worst kind of rush to judgment which was made based on past performance BY FOX. Why is it Fox needs to keep some obscure "story" alive for weeks on end, such as the Van Jones thing? What is THEIR "intent"?? Within the realm of national priorities, that issue should have been a back page two-liner, but Fox managed to build it into such a big deal that The Stupids assumed the Constitution would soon be replaced by the Communist Manifesto.

C'mon...grow up.

You angry leftists are so quick to throw not only the 'racist' accusation, but the word 'lie'.

Now, here you are challenged to prove the lie charge, and you are unable to do so.

Were I a leftist, I would, of course, accuse you of 'lying' with your charge, as it is clear that the video provided in post #14 is in no way a lie, nor could you misunderstand my post which indicated that the vid was dispositive as to Fox being fair.

So, I'll simply leave you with the brand of immature, angry, sophomoric, spittle-spewing, left wing janissary, infused with the desire to paint opponents with vituperation, rather than banter about the value of each others' ideas.

what? you don't believe FOX NEWS?

FOX news says themselves that they REPORTED IT FIRST.

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

FOXNews.com - Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

Try to read the entire thread before post, as it will make you appear less silly.

The point here was not whether or not Fox News went with the story, but, that, in a fair and balanced manner, the Glenn Beck Show put the story in its correct context.

Note post #14 above.

What choice did he have by then?

Shirley Sherrod, we now know that her video was edited, yet it was played on Fox again and again. And when poor Shirley was forced to resign, Fox comes out with a report, just tonight, that Obama threw an "innocent" woman under the bus. Now, Fox says she's innocent. Only now.

Except, you have zero evidence that Fox even played the clip until after the Administration forced her to resign over it. In fact, watching Fox will tell you the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkaBr_g5zkM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - July 20, 2010[/ame]

Of course, you will continue to pretend Fox has been attacking her all along. But the fact is, you idiots fired her before anyone knew about the story.

Not to mention... on the local news today, they had a caller trying to defend this racist bitch saying "she was taken out of context"... the problem is that she sure reveled in riling up the crowd with her story of 'sticking it to this white farmer'... and the crowd would not be knowing that she would be adding more at the end, was SURE APPLAUDING her story of what she did... showing even more the racist bullshit of the NAACP

But we will have the leftists defending racism once again, as long as it is within their ranks

I take it you haven't seen the entire video.

YouTube - July 20, 2010

I take it you haven't seen the entire video.

I take it you did not hear the racist motherfuckers applauding during her story, all the while not knowing what she had to say at the end

Only six percent of posters will read that entire article.

except he's not wrong about the rightwingnuts setting her up...

yet another reason obama needs to stop giving in to them. it just encourages the loons.

it also proves that i'm dead on about breitbart being a lying hack...

:thup:

I'm sorry. I didn't read the article. I am not among the six percent.

Obviously.

The lie was the poster's claim that Foxnews never ran with this story until after she was fired.

C'mon...grow up.

I do hope after your rant, you will proceed to answer my question: What was Mr. Brietbart's intention in posting only the portion of the Sherrod video which seems to indicate she is spewing nothing but racist comments? Was it, gasp, a desire to paint opponents (particularly black people) as angry racists?

What is Limbaugh's or Beck's "intent" when they take some innocuous comment uttered by someone in the Obama administration, or the president himself, and create an entire show about it?

Mr. Brietbart made his agenda clear when he began his website, i.e. to counter the multitude of left wing sites and publications.
He is doing just that.

Now, as for "a desire to paint opponents (particularly black people) as angry racists," this bit of projection on your part has given a glimpse into your attitude, mind, and agenda.

Moving on..."What is Limbaugh's or Beck's "intent" when they take some innocuous comment uttered by someone in the Obama administration,..." how lucky we Americans are to have the antidote to the left wing propaganda to which you subscribe.

The irony is that you have misused the word innocuous, which means "Having no adverse effect; harmless" and inadvertently, once again, shown who you are.

In my America it is hardly innocuous to have a self-proclaimed communist selected by the President, and another who looks to Mao for guidance in the same select group...again chosen by the President.

Perhaps a better strategy for you would have been to use President Obama's defense for his numerous missteps, as I believe he said early in his failed presidency, "Elections have consequences..."

That means that "I can put communists, loony scientists like Holdren, AG's who won't prosecute blacks if the victim is white, Medicare chiefs who plan on redistributing the wealth, or State Department officials who announce that the Arizona law is equivalent to Chinese human rights abuses..."

That's what 'elections have consequences' means....

and I don't see anything innocuous in the above.

How'd ya like that rant?

What video? What report?

Then there's James O’Keefe and Acorn. A single Republican, able to bring down an organization that helped the poor, from spliced together video tapes. Well, he is getting sued. But, "he did it". Now all those poor people are a little more poor.
WTF are you talking about?

Then there were Republican leaders privately telling Obama that they would work with him and then publicly, saying they would do everything they could to bring him down (they called it "Waterloo"). And they did. And poor Obama believed them time and time again. I wonder if he believes them now?
"They" who? Which Republican leaders?

There was Iraq. That was because of WMDs, no, because of yellow-cake, no, it was to bring "freedom", no, it was.....
How many years back are we going to go here?

There was the 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut. Supposed to bring jobs. And it did. It brought them to China and India and even Mexico.
Still looking backwards?

Then there was April 16th 2008, “Healthcare Decisions Day,” proclaimed by the former Gov. of Alaska, Sarah Palin. In fact, it was such a good idea, that Democrats used the SAME legislation in the Health Care Bill. Only Sarah stopped calling it, "Healthcare Decisions Day", no, instead she called it "death panels" and "kill grandma". Another fast one.
Never heard of it..... Link?

And this unemployment bill? Stripped of everything that would help the economy. Now Republicans say, "Where's the roads being built? Where's the dam's being restored? Where's the bridges being fixed?" Well, they should know. They forced Democrats into removing them from any legislation.
Roads, dams, and bridges were supposed to be paid for with the failed Stimulus package, not the 'unemployment bill'.

Imagine if Republicans put all the sneakiness into helping the middle class. Into actually rebuilding the country. Into being on the side of regular Americans. Yea, imagine that.
Imagine if Rdean knew how to build an intelligent OP

Only six percent of posters will read that entire article.

What article?
There's not a link or a quote in the entire pile of shit post.
:eusa_eh:

God you guys are dumb. Don't you even watch the news?????????

Think Progress For ‘Death Panels’ Before She Was Against Them? Palin Endorsed End Of Life Counseling As Governor

Do any of you guys know how to use a "search engine". Every fucking thing has to be "spoon fed". And still you believe lies over truth.

Try, "Sarah Palin Health Care Decisions Day" and there's about a million hits in 3.5 seconds.

And you don't know about Acorn and James O'Keefe? Seriously?

And what's happening today is because of what happened, uh, "backward".

Goofs.

Forum List

Back