"Gotta get my bullets!" Skirmishes break out at S.C. gunshow!

I've been to quite a few gun shows. It's the smaller ones which tend to have denser concentrations of the survivalist/white supremacist/conspiracy whackjob types than the larger ones.

I remember at one small gun show I was looking over some old Pinkerton badges and mentioned Pinkerton had recently been bought by a company in Switzerland. Some guy started going on about great American companies being bought up by foreign darkies. He was going on and on about darkies with several others nodding knowingly.

I was gobsmacked, and all I could do was stare at the guy and say, "THE SWISS???"

It took them a few seconds to see the flaw in this Great Darkie Conspiracy. :lol:

I've been to quite a few gun shows. It's the smaller ones which tend to have denser concentrations of the survivalist/white supremacist/conspiracy whackjob types than the larger ones.

I remember at one small gun show I was looking over some old Pinkerton badges and mentioned Pinkerton had recently been bought by a company in Switzerland. Some guy started going on about great American companies being bought up by foreign darkies. He was going on and on about darkies with several others nodding knowingly.

I was gobsmacked, and all I could do was stare at the guy and say, "THE SWISS???"

It took them a few seconds to see the flaw in this Great Darkie Conspiracy. :lol:

Yeah, sure.

bucs,
I will be glad when the Right Wing hysteria cools off a little, since I have not been able to buy any 22 ammo at K-Mart, since the CT shootings. They told me that they do not expect to have a steady suppy of ammo until mid April. There are some steel bunnies sitting on perches at the outdoor gun range that I belong to that are getting uppidy, and need to be knocked off of their stands.

I hope somebody slaps the dicks out of your mouth before you go out there and get your ass kicked. You are stupid.

You sound like you have anger issues.

They must have been thinking chocolate, instead of cheese. There are places in America where people are clueless about the rest of the world. We need more history and geography in high school.

bucs,
I will be glad when the Right Wing hysteria cools off a little, since I have not been able to buy any 22 ammo at K-Mart, since the CT shootings. They told me that they do not expect to have a steady suppy of ammo until mid April. There are some steel bunnies sitting on perches at the outdoor gun range that I belong to that are getting uppidy, and need to be knocked off of their stands.

Maybe you should have bought some before their was a shortage.
OH and it's not right wing anything this is the anti gun nutters doing.

Very true. All the out of state license tags I saw in the parking lot were concerning. There were a lot of cash buys from private individuals. I can only imagine some of those were bought by people who cant get one at a dealer table b/c of background, and Im sure a few of those guns ended up in Illinois, New York, etc, etc.

As for the person quoting accidental shooting stats at gun shows: Yes. Accidental shootings at gun shows are very rare. Could it be the "NO LOADED WEAPONS ALLOWED" rule causing such safety?

No dumb ass it's mass shootings.
And again with the bull shit stop insinuating about something you don't have the slightest idea about what was going on.

Fear of gun control drives big crowd at Ladson gun show – The Post and Courier

WOW! I went to this gunshow yesterday in Ladson, SC, which is just outside of Charleston. The newspaper article describes one of the several skirmishes I saw. One guy grabbed another by the collar and yanked him away from one of the ammo tables, as he said to the newspaper, "I gotta get my bullets!". It was crazy to see this show yesterday. I personally needed a new stock for one of my guns. Had no trouble at all getting it, since that isn't a part in demand right now. I saw a couple of these flare ups, mostly frustrated Bubbas who were tired of standing in line, or mad when they got up front and nothing left to buy. Some minor pushing, shoving, LOTS of tough guy talk. Nothing serious though.

But my GOD if you wanted bullets, a high cap magazine, or a tactical rifle, well, you may as well have brought your fighting gloves haha! It was like a Redneck Justin Beiber had arrived and the 14 year old girls were replaced by 44 year old Bubbas!

Saw countless anti-Obama articles of clothing, rebel flags all over, "Dont Tread on Me" flags everywhere, lots of indoor sunglass wearing, lots of "Cash Only" folks, and lots of guys walking around holding a rifle with a price tag hanging off it: Yep, the infamous "gun show loophole". You see one of these rednecks walking around...like the price tag and gun, and you say "Hey bubba, meet me by the corn dog vendor lets talk business". And yep, you can pay him cash, and legally buy that weapon from him, 100% legal, 100% NO PAPERWORK. Meaning ANYONE can buy anything they see on the floor for sale by a private individual (not at a dealer table), with cash, and no paperwork, and it is 100% legal.

Scariest part? Saw quite a few thug life looking individuals. You know the type...the ones who had a pretty girl with them doing all the paperwork. And...saw a LOT of out of state license tags. New York. Jersey. Illinois. Florida. Georgia. NC. Saw a lot of out of state tags. Wonder how many guns will end up out of state after these cash only buys, with no paper trail?

Anyway, it was quite a sight. Got my stock though. Wanted an OD green collapsable stock for my AR. Im adding some OD green parts to it, I liked how it looks, and got a great deal on a Tapco one, fits like a gem!

(PS: Funniest part? They had a cop at the front door. Rule: No loaded guns allowed. WHAT???? I thought everyone being armed was the key to safety?? But, they wont let anyone with a loaded gun into the gun show?)
how many people were shot ???

While I own 3 guns myself for hunting, I dont understand the enthusiasm about gun shows. Is it a money making thing (trading and buying?) or what is the deal? I'll buy my gun at a gun shop or somewhere alot more reputable. Spending a whole day at a gun show seems like a waste of time when you can buy it in 5 minutes at a store.

Yup, these are the folks that are standing beside me in line with a concealed permit....:eek:

People who are buying up ammo with every penny they have remind of those down south who when they get 6 inches of snow flood the supermarkets. I've been in NC to see it. 6 inches of snow slows down the whole city. Hilarious.

Not true! 2 inches will do that.

While I own 3 guns myself for hunting, I dont understand the enthusiasm about gun shows. Is it a money making thing (trading and buying?) or what is the deal? I'll buy my gun at a gun shop or somewhere alot more reputable. Spending a whole day at a gun show seems like a waste of time when you can buy it in 5 minutes at a store.

Selection, fun and enjoyment.

Why don't you spend your time at a range, so you don't need 30 rounds to shoot somebody?

Why don't you spend your time at a range, so you don't need 30 rounds to shoot somebody?

I don't have to shoot anyone. Asshole.

Forum List

Back