"Gotham" (Fox TV)

The bottom line is simple --- If you don't like the show, don't watch it!!!!!

I probably won't for much longer. However, I do try to give certain SF and Fantasy shows a little more leeway than I give other shows.

The Doctor Who Reboot and Babylon 5 had very weak first seasons. Then the writing got better, they tweaked a few things - mostly getting rid of lead actors who didn't work. (Not an option I see for Gotham.)

One day I really should watch Babylon 5!
yes you should Montro.....arguably the best sci-fy show ever on TV....definitely top 5....

I don't understand the fascination with the show Firefly...it was okay, but nothing special....

Firefly was perhaps the greatest single season of television I've ever seen. I'm a big fan of Whedon's dialogue and the actors had great chemistry in the show.
not to me.....Firefly was good but not that good....but thats me.....

I actually didn't watch the show when it was on TV. I think that, after Buffy and Angel, it wasn't what I was looking for. When I did finally give it a chance, though, I loved it.

But, as I said, I'm a fan of Whedon and his dialogue. :)

Red Hood: Halloween Hairspray

Well, tonight's episode will introduce Batman (DC Comics) fans to the eccentric Red Hood gang.

I'm still hoping a popular cult favorite actor such as David Duchovny will show up on "Gotham" (Fox TV) to portray the nefarious Ra's al Ghul.

I'd be interested in a study that asks how these vigilantism-themed comic book adapted programs (TV shows, movies) affect the sales of water-guns. Have sales risen since the proliferation of comic book adaptations, which arguably began soaring not during the classic Adam West Batman television series but with the release of Tim Burton's odd but cinematic "Batman" (1989)?

Let's admit it, America makes the best playhouses, so maybe tonight's Red Hood presentation on "Gotham" (Fox TV) will offer up some costuming capital for Halloween 2015.

:afro:

red-hood.jpg

Red Hood America

A series of episodes for this first year of "Gotham" (Fox TV) begins in April, and the recent ones since January 2015 entertained us with eerie and intriguing images foreshadowing the rise of the likes of the Joker, Scarecrow, the Red Hood Gang, and the Dollmaker.

Meanwhile, the meanderings of the Penguin continue to create adequate atmosphere, and the quirky presence of Edward Nygma (the future Riddler) continues to stir ideas about Jim Gordon's perspective on friendship and police department bureaucracy.

Overall, the show seems to be capturing our modern age fascination with capital sentimentality (i.e., Facebook) and the various 'governance' behemoths it catapults (i.e., World Bank), so I'd like to see more seasons/years of "Gotham" (Fox TV) provide ratings and good solid brain candy.

I was very impressed by the storyboard managers' introduction, presentation, and treatment of the nefarious Red Hood Gang and their scheming bank robberies. Remember that in the comics, we see the Joker get an origin thread as a leader of the Red Hood Gang, so how "Gotham" (Fox TV) continues to address themes of theft-related pure mania and mayhem will ice this show as a comic book celebratory era version of "Hill Street Blues" (1981-1987) or "Remington Steele" (1982-1987).

World Bank (Wikipedia)

red-hood.jpg

Oswald's Oligarchy

I'll keep following what's going on with the Penguin on "Gotham" (Fox TV).

It's nice to think we have a 'picture' of a creepy crime-maniac like Oswald Cobblepot roaming around prophetic and gloomy Gotham City and reminding us of the general strangeness of planet Earth.

Gotham City (Batman Wikia)

penguin.jpg

Hats Off: Pesky Polaroids

The reason I think that the Mad Hatter should make an appearance on "Gotham" (Fox TV) is because he would give the show the right tone it needs to paint Gotham City as an urbanization-paranoia symbol of intentionality hellfire.

Maybe an under-used but hard-working American actor such as Jason Priestly could portray a young Dr. Jervis Tetch (the future Mad Hatter).

Batman: City of Crime (Wikipedia)

hatter.jpg

The reason I think that the Mad Hatter should make an appearance on "Gotham" (Fox TV) is because he would give the show the right tone it needs to paint Gotham City as an urbanization-paranoia symbol of intentionality hellfire.

Maybe an under-used but hard-working American actor such as Jason Priestly could portray a young Dr. Jervis Tetch (the future Mad Hatter).

Or maybe they can stop trying to shoehorn in every minor villian...

Hats Off: Pesky Polaroids

Batman: City of Crime (Wikipedia)

View attachment 39329

yeah since it looks like we probably wont see him this year,he for sure needs to make one next year.

cant believe nobody has replied to last nights episode.and to the OP how come i did not get a tag from you recently like i have before?

Forum List

Back