"Gotham" (Fox TV)

Discussion in 'TV Forum' started by Abishai100, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,021
    can watch both seasons here --> Watch Gotham Online - Stream TV Free
    I've watched most of them. Who needs Batman.

2. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    The Iceman Cometh!

Yes, yes. I simply referred to the Kringle-Nygma relationship for irony purposes. It can be argued that the Riddler is Batman's strangest nemesis.

Enough with Nygma for now though, the first images of Mr. Freeze on "Gotham" (Fox TV) look pretty...cool.

freeze.jpg

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,037

It is interesting to see the similarities between that image and the Captain Cold character from the show The Flash.......

4. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Season 3: All Good Things

Yes, 2aguy, the similarities are very conspicuous. Maybe they're experimenting with Freeze's look on "Gotham" (Fox TV). Why not? They've certainly built up enough ratings/critical credibility.

Well, the reports are surfacing that "Gotham" (Fox TV) has been renewed by Fox for Season 3, which makes this thread rather well-justified.

We were all a bit apprehensive about a pre-Batman show featuring Bruce Wayne as a caddy little boy while Jim Gordon was dealing with super-villains such as Penguin and Riddler coming to prominence. Isn't it funny that they made only Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Ivy Pepper (Poison Ivy) part of Bruce Wayne's age group? All the other characters are older, so we assume that the future Dark Knight will be tackling older and wiser super-villains donning the mantles of the Joker, etc.

Then again, Tim Burton's "Batman" [1989] also presented Michael Keaton's Dark Knight tackling Jack Nicholson's much older Joker.

Maybe criminal insanity is more intriguing when viewed through the lens of father-son patricide...hmmm...

Will Barbara Gordon become the proto-Harley Quinn? Will Jerome and 2-3 other goons don the mantle of the Joker-aura?

I won't be posting much more, so stay tuned fans and have fun. I'll most likely be perusing this thread as "Gotham" (Fox TV) continues its successes and watching for any Harley Quinn news. I'm sure someone's guessed by now that she's my favourite Gotham City freak.

Gotham Renewed for Season 3 (deadline.com)

hq.jpg

5. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,229
    gotham will,10 years from the time the show is set in....

6. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Friends and Devils

The recent passing of the great iconic musicians David Bowie and Prince has me thinking about the honors afforded to their mourning surviving relatives and loved ones (i.e., spouses).

It was cool to see the developing gender nuances between Jerome and Barbara and Edward and Miss Kringle on "Gotham" (Fox TV), as odd as they were.

The Joker-Harley Quinn relationship is perhaps the most honoured in the halls of comic book super-villain duo archives.

Now that the show has been picked up for another season, let's see more of the Bruce-Selina friendship!

Ain't the soap opera grand?

bowie.jpg prince.jpg

gotham[1].jpg

7. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,037

They have to make the future Catwoman near his age because they are romantically linked......he has to be younger than the villains because punching people is a young mans game.

I just hope they start him on his path more directly...he really needs to start working out...........punching people takes some training...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,017
    Batman and Catwoman!

9. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,677
    You must have missed the episode in which Galavan killed Jerome. Some of the characters who have been “killed” have been handled in such a manner as to allow a possibility that they aren't really dead quite yet, and may return; but Jerome was left pretty solidly, unmistakable dead. That seemed to me like a bit of a dirty trick on the show's part, building Jerome up and making it seem obvious that he was intended to become the Joker, and then killing him off. That episode did end with a scene that seems intended to imply that Jerome's death inspired several other random criminals on the street to emulate him, and the Joker is probably meant to come of one of them.

10. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Black Mask: Urbanology Under-Writing

The Joker should be a symbolic voice on Gotham (Fox TV), but I also think the show could explore the classicist stylings of street-diplomacy comics (in the design of Bat-villains such as Black Mask).

bmask.jpg