Got to Give it to Obama, this Ripping of Trump was hysterical and well delivered!!!

And what makes you think I ever thought it was a good use of taxpayer money?

Are you suggesting tax payer money put the dinner on? Or are you trying to say the tax payers should control what the President does on a Saturday night?

Then let him pay for the SS and all other expenses related to carting his ass around out of his own fucking pocket when he wants to attend an idiotic social function and tell jokes.

And so you are for Bush repaying those fees since he attended the same idiotic social function and told jokes? I mean, you wouldn't want to appear partisan, right?

3290c621e469fa8cdad3a84c5e2113b3.jpg

Not played well by Trump. He should have been laughing and clapping and playing along with it. He took it personally and that is the last thing you should do during a roasting.

Such an amateur....

It was a hoot. But I am still wondering what Trump is hiding when he combs his hair from back to front.:confused:

That was a ripping?

No - what Trump is going to give Obama in a public debate will be a ripping.

The man-child Obama is about to find out what a real ass whooping is all about.

So what's Trump going to say? "You're a fucking moron" during a debate? Oh yes, that will score points for him. Among the illiterates, assclowns, and 20-somting methheads. Sorry, Suzie, but grownups won't take kindly to a bullying thug as their elected president.

Are you suggesting tax payer money put the dinner on? Or are you trying to say the tax payers should control what the President does on a Saturday night?

Then let him pay for the SS and all other expenses related to carting his ass around out of his own fucking pocket when he wants to attend an idiotic social function and tell jokes.

And so you are for Bush repaying those fees since he attended the same idiotic social function and told jokes? I mean, you wouldn't want to appear partisan, right?

Helloooooooooooo?

I'm no Trump fan, but they went overboard with the number of zingers. Quite tacky when all was said and done. Almost as tacky as Michelle O's taste in fashion. Trump got em' scared?

Trump asked for what he got, and more. Let's just hope he continues on the current trajectory and is actually dumb enough to run for POTUS. SNL will LOVE him.

I thought Obama's zingers were funny, but I thought Seth Myers went a little too far (just as Colbert did in 2007). You could also see that Obama didn't laugh at some of Seth's "jokes" regarding Trump. The program was just so-so. The funniest one of all time was the Bush lookalike, Stephen something, and Bush took all that like a trooper. After that, I actually began to have some admiration for the man. Also, that was the year Laura Bush took the mike and talked about being a "desperate housewife." Hilarious. The one last Saturday night wasn't hilarious.

I'm no Trump fan, but they went overboard with the number of zingers. Quite tacky when all was said and done. Almost as tacky as Michelle O's taste in fashion. Trump got em' scared?

I agree...i think obama went a little overboard. You would expect one or 2 jokes about it, but i think he was completely wrong going on the way he did. Yes...i think they're scared! Lol!

It's nice to know that while Americans are dying at home and abroad that the president can play comedian.

Come on now that is what the correspondence dinner is all about. I would fault him more if he didn't do it or if he took a serious tone at an event that isn't supposed to be serious!

I disagree. I don't think we should be paying the president to tell jokes.

It's only been a standard affair for 90 years. So we should go back and reimburse taxpayers?

That was a ripping?

No - what Trump is going to give Obama in a public debate will be a ripping.

The man-child Obama is about to find out what a real ass whooping is all about.

you're so stupid, you can't even tell when you get your own butt handed to you.

i love watching people with IQ's of 70, like you, insult the president.

cracks me up.

trump got whomped.

Come on now that is what the correspondence dinner is all about. I would fault him more if he didn't do it or if he took a serious tone at an event that isn't supposed to be serious!

I disagree. I don't think we should be paying the president to tell jokes.

I fail to see how a President "ripping" American citizens is funny. I don't recall any other President doing this. I guess King Hussein the Elitist is the exception

so them ripping on the president is funny. but the president giving it back, isn't?

so you're both stupid and disingenuous. :clap2:

Well, the WH Correspondents' Dinner has only been going on for 21 years....

And what makes you think I ever thought it was a good use of taxpayer money?

And the President gets his salary regardless where and what he's doing. But to answer your second question, of course they do. He's not supposed to have a private life either--can't play golf, can't do an interview with Oprah, can't take his family on a combination business/pleasure trip to South America, his wife can't wear expensive tennies, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I fail to see how a President "ripping" American citizens is funny. I don't recall any other President doing this. I guess King Hussein the Elitist is the exception

Well, the WH Correspondents' Dinner has only been going on for 21 years....

Than it should be relatively easy for you to cite an example where a previous president ripped private citizens publicly.

Go ahead -

Post away!

The Donald has made it clear he WANTS public attention, fool. Was any other "private citizen" ripped?

Than it should be relatively easy for you to cite an example where a previous president ripped private citizens publicly.

Go ahead -

Post away!

It's ONLY the Vice President that Bush is ripping on, but I am sure you will let it slide...

President Bush Impersonation - 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner

The Vice President (at the time) was not a private citizen - he was a public official.

Try again

Obama made fun of political opponents who questioned his American citizenship and education. Nothing wrong there.

Bush however, made fun of not finding WMDs. He was outright laughing at the fake reason that was behind the death of thousands of Americans, the maiming of over 50 thousand Americans and the loss of who know how much in treasure. Remember, it's going to take hundreds of billions alone simply to pay for those unnecessary medical costs.

What Bush did was a "slap in the face" to the families of those Americans who died, who were wounded and who served in Iraq.

How dare you suggest who Obama did was wrong and not a word about the disgusting and un American way Bush and the Republicans acted when they controlled the government. Shame. Something Republicans have none of.

Bush said he didn't think about Bin Laden and he truly wasn't "concerned" about Bin Laden. Anything else would make him a fucking liar, now wouldn't it?

Well played, Mr. President, well played.

I'd love to see them both in a real live slapdown of extemporanous wit.

I think that might be telling about who is quicker on his feet.

I doubt Donald would do all that well.

I suspect that scion is not used to having to depend on his wits, because he's usually operating from a postion of strength and has learned only how to cow people rather than outthink them.

But hey, I don't think Trump's handlers are dumb enough to put him in a position where he'd have to match verbal wit against anybody who is obviously comfortable ad libbing.

And FWIW, I doubt Obqama's handlers would risk it, either.

Still, it would be fun to see them, gloves off, in a "Yo Mamma is so fat", kind of contest of flame war wit, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
I was skeptical from the beginning of Trump's presidential bid. A skepticism that turned to an interested curiosity during his tough talking, policy ideas- not really policy specifics, but rather a general talk of how to bring down gas prices. His success as an entrepreneur gave me confidence that he has the competency and life experience to solve some of the problems facing America.
I even believed he should be a contender after he made some pretty, just-off-the-wall comments without giving any specifics. Trump said he would make countries that receive protection from America’s military begin paying some kind of compensation. Now I’ve seen every episode of ‘The Sapranos”; what are we the mafia?
The final straw on the proverbial camel’s back was the press conference after president Obama released his long-form birth certificate. I was initially interested in the ‘Birther Controversy”. There were a lot of inconsistencies and questions that gave it intrigue; intrigue that quickly faded after Obama released the mystery birth certificate. Trump came out and congratulated himself, completely ignoring the press’ questions regarding his past accusations and statements. One particularly interesting statement, that he would release his tax returns after the president releases his birth certificate, gave Trump a lot of annoyance.
The president sealed The Donald’s fate during the correspondents’ dinner. Trump has suggested that the amount of jokes aimed at him might be inappropriate, but he has brought it all on himself. And the president has made sure that The Donald will only be seen as a joke, just some novelty that the Republican Party will only tolerate according to his contributions.
I will not ever vote for Trump. I am even kinda skeptical that he was ever serious. Who benefits from all this? Was Trump not once a registered Democrat, a large donator to Harry Reid? Obama and the MSNBC have been feverishly trying to pin every conservative as a racist birther? I question Trumps motives, and after that press conference I don’t believe it’s unfair to say perhaps racist motives.

It's ONLY the Vice President that Bush is ripping on, but I am sure you will let it slide...

President Bush Impersonation - 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner

The Vice President (at the time) was not a private citizen - he was a public official.

Try again

Obama made fun of political opponents who questioned his American citizenship and education. Nothing wrong there.

Bush however, made fun of not finding WMDs. He was outright laughing at the fake reason that was behind the death of thousands of Americans, the maiming of over 50 thousand Americans and the loss of who know how much in treasure. Remember, it's going to take hundreds of billions alone simply to pay for those unnecessary medical costs.

What Bush did was a "slap in the face" to the families of those Americans who died, who were wounded and who served in Iraq.

How dare you suggest who Obama did was wrong and not a word about the disgusting and un American way Bush and the Republicans acted when they controlled the government. Shame. Something Republicans have none of.

Bush said he didn't think about Bin Laden and he truly wasn't "concerned" about Bin Laden. Anything else would make him a fucking liar, now wouldn't it?

And yet for SOME political hacks, Obama's cracks on a BILLIONAIRE TV personality somehow are egregious...:cuckoo:

We know now that Obama had just signed off on the what would likely be the most consequential and high-stakes decision of his presidency and knew a commando team would be going into action in a matter of hours in the suburbs of Islamabad.

Obviously the audience didn't know any of that at the time. And certainly the speechwriter/joke writer, whenever those lines were written, didn't know anything about it either. Initial reports suggest that only 5 or 6 people in the White House complex, in addition to the President and Vice President, knew anything about it. (I'd speculate that they were high level members of the National Security Council and the White House Chief of Staff.)
Always More to the Story | Talking Points Memo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-xA6D4Ju8]YouTube - The President Gets Laughs at the White House Correspondents' Dinner[/ame]

Sure don't see any teleprompter, does anyone?

Forum List

Back