Got this email - Need feedback.

theHawk said:
:rotflmao:
LOL only a liberal could think something like that up.

You should write her back-

EQUALITY FOR WOMEN AT ANY EXPENCE BUT KEEP OUR WOMEN IN THE KITCHEN!

:rotflmao:

You totally nailed it!!!

jillian said:
Which means he was tried by the House, in front of the Senate (the jury) and not found guilty. :salute:

To be removed from office, he would have had to be found guilty of high crimes or misdemenors by the Senate. He wasn't.

But he was impeached.

dmp said:
Side note: Do you, personally feel Clinton committed the crime of perjury when he said he didn't "have sexual relations with that woman - Miss Lewinksy"?

Was he under oath when he was on camera? You have to be sworn to commit the crime of perjury.

Do I think he answered dishonestly? Of course. But of greater moment, was that the question had no business being asked in the first place. What he should have done was told them to piss off and that it was none of their business.

jillian said:
Was he under oath when he was on camera? You have to be sworn to commit the crime of perjury.

Do I think he answered dishonestly? Of course. But of greater moment, was that the question had no business being asked in the first place. What he should have done was told them to piss off and that it was none of their business.

Yes - he was under oath when he denied having 'sexual relations' with Monica. What he said on camera - the text I quoted was something he said off-the-cuff.

Your editorial aside, you DO believe he committed perjury - regardless, eh?

dmp said:
Yes - he was under oath when he denied having 'sexual relations' with Monica. What he said on camera - the text I quoted was something he said off-the-cuff.

Your editorial aside, you DO believe he committed perjury - regardless, eh?

I answered your question. No one ever asked Daddy Bush, FDR, Eisenhower or Kennedy about their affairs.

Wasn't anyone's business but his wife's.

jillian said:
Actually, that's not accurate. An impeachment is a trial where the president is charged with treason, bribery or other high crime or misdemenor. The articles of impeachment are tantamount to an indictment; the impeachment a trial.

As you may recall, the House voted articles of impeachment with respect to Clinton, but the Senate didn't buy it. :thup:
When the case went to the Senate, the Senate voted to acquit on a vote of 50 to 50; 66 votes were needed to find the President guilty. Cuz they didn't wanna see Al Gore as President.:) Pretty much an impeachment though, in my book. Just no Consequences. Cept for the humiliation and disbarring I guess. He got off way to easy. (No pun intended):)

jillian said:
I answered your question. No one ever asked Daddy Bush, FDR, Eisenhower or Kennedy about their affairs.

Wasn't anyone's business but his wife's.

So you believe a sitting president committed perjury. You feel if Clinton THOUGHT the question was out of line, he should have indicated - yet instead of a protest he answered to the effect that he did NOT have a seuxal relationship with Monica.

It's refreshing - to see a Liberal admitting to faults of their own.

dmp said:
So you believe a sitting president committed perjury. You feel if Clinton THOUGHT the question was out of line, he should have indicated - yet instead of a protest he answered to the effect that he did NOT have a seuxal relationship with Monica.

It's refreshing - to see a Liberal admitting to faults of their own.

I didn't say I thought he committed perjury. Personally I don't care what he did in private. Would I want to be married to the guy? No.

Now let's see you acknowledge Bush's flaws...and it can't be on the issue of undocumented aliens :)

Mr. P said:
When the case went to the Senate, the Senate voted to acquit on a vote of 50 to 50; 66 votes were needed to find the President guilty. Cuz they didn't wanna see Al Gore as President.:) Pretty much an impeachment though, in my book. Just no Consequences. Cept for the humiliation and disbarring I guess. He got off way to easy. (No pun intended):)

See...I thought the whole thing was loathsome... Henry Hyde up there talking about Monica when he was having his own affair. Newt filed divorce papers against his wife while she was in a hospital bed after a mastectomy...while he was cheating on her. He then divorced the woman he cheated on his wife with.

It was such a prurient exercise by such hypocritcal people. So, I'm wondering what ramifications did Hyde and Gingrich and Daddy Bush have?

jillian said:
I didn't say I thought he committed perjury.

jillian said:
Do I think he answered dishonestly? Of course.

So he answered questions dishonestly. That's not Perjury? That's simply 'dishonestly answering questions he was legally bound to honestly answer?

There's a difference in your mind?

jillian said:
See...I thought the whole thing was loathsome... Henry Hyde up there talking about Monica when he was having his own affair. Newt filed divorce papers against his wife while she was in a hospital bed after a mastectomy...while he was cheating on her. He then divorced the woman he cheated on his wife with.

It was such a prurient exercise by such hypocritcal people. So, I'm wondering what ramifications did Hyde and Gingrich and Daddy Bush have?

Translation through 'reality filters' - (You can get them for Firefox...REALLY helps on this board):

"I have no defense for Clinton's behaviour, so I'll change the subject"

dmp said:
So he answered questions dishonestly. That's not Perjury? That's simply 'dishonestly answering questions he was legally bound to honestly answer?

There's a difference in your mind?

You think right wing politicians don't lie to you on a daily basis?

And yes, I already explained the difference. Perjury and lie are not interchangeable terms.

I am not going to condone his behavior toward his wife. And I'm pretty good with words, hon, so I'd really appreciate your not trying to restate what I say so that it means nothing like what I said like you just did in your "reality filter" post. Fair enough? :)

jillian said:

Errr, they weren't The ones that committed perjury.

jillian said:
And yes, I already explained the difference. Perjury and lie are not interchangeable terms.

But when somebody is under OATH, and says UNDER OATH that they have NOT had sexual relations with somebody, but when they REALLY HAVE...that is not 'perjury'? One SWEARS to tell the truth, but one does NOT tell the truth...

My dear sweet young thing...that is 'perjury'.

jillian said:
...I'm pretty good with words, hon, so I'd really appreciate your not trying to restate what I say so that it means nothing like what I said like you just did in your "reality filter" post. Fair enough? :)

I'm going to re-state what you say for the clarification required. You say things which don't make sense. I try to make what YOU say make sense in a logical way. That's my gift to you, love.

:)

dmp said:
I'm going to re-state what you say for the clarification required. You say things which don't make sense. I try to make what YOU say make sense in a logical way. That's my gift to you, love.

:)

Ah...snookums... heart of my heart.... then do restate it properly. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
jillian said:

Correct! Perjury is the result of a lie.

A crime that occurs when an individual willfully makes a false statement during a judicial proceeding, after he or she has taken an oath to speak the truth.

Ole Bill screwed up..:cuckoo:

Billy "Can't keep it in my pants" Clinton didn't just lie. He had sex with a white House intern. In any corporation, he would have been guilty of sexual harassment. Particularly since he was el jefe.

Funny how feminists are absolutely rabid over corporate sexual harassment, but when it came to Billy, it was just "private" and "nobody's business".

As far as I can tell it is only sexual harassment if she felt she was being harassed.

And Bill lied/perjured himself, but why it got that far is what is so laughable...

Forum List

Back