Got this email - Need feedback.

Wow. Don't take this the wrong way, but your friend's sister is a nutcase. :cuckoo:

Two things jump out at me.

First, we are a REPUBLIC, not a democracy. She needs to learn the difference.

Second, I'd like to know what she would have done with Japan, beginning on December 8, 1941.

dmp said:
OMG - this is RICH guys....I mean - this woman sent back a follow-up to -Cp; I didn't send the replies you guys made back to her, directly - but to the woman who first sent me the email.

-Cp sent this to me this morning:

I started to break that down - but holy LORD it's VERY hard to try to debate with somebody so stupid.
Is it just me or does anyone else think this reeks of an uninformed, immature, misguided, poorly educated teenager?

My sincere heart felt apologies to the Countries yuts.

This woman is a total nut case.:tng:

Mr. P said:
My sincere heart felt apologies to the Countries yuts.

This woman is a total nut case.:tng:

I thought she made some interesting points. Her, um, delivery leaves a lot to be desired...I have this picture in my head of this woman with hair all over the place, wide eyed and spitting as she talks. She certainly seems passionate...:teeth:

5stringJeff said:
Wow. Don't take this the wrong way, but your friend's sister is a nutcase. :cuckoo:

Two things jump out at me.

First, we are a REPUBLIC, not a democracy. She needs to learn the difference.

Second, I'd like to know what she would have done with Japan, beginning on December 8, 1941.

I already pointed that out to her Jeff (see my post below)- she's whacked...

dmp said:
OMG - this is RICH guys....I mean - this woman sent back a follow-up to -Cp; I didn't send the replies you guys made back to her, directly - but to the woman who first sent me the email.

-Cp sent this to me this morning:

I started to break that down - but holy LORD it's VERY hard to try to debate with somebody so stupid.

Fyi.. here's the email i sent to her which prompted the response you posted dmp:

<i>"I'm not sure how Impeaching our President will stop the evil people behind these brutal killkings and secondly, no, we are not a democracy, we're a Constitutional Republic....

How can you blame our President for the evil behind those killings Shelley?

The Constitutional grounds for impeachment are:

"The Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." -

Last I checked, President Bush hasn't been convicted of anything...

Additionally, you or I can't impeach any president - only the House of Representatives can do that....

WW2 was an incredibly bloody war on a scale that the majority of us can simply not appreciate.

Imagine if all of that had been broadcast 24 hours a day live from the frontlines?

After every bombing raid, camera crews would spread out so we can see the fires and the destruction and the dead bodies. We'd have heart-wrenching interviews with children who had lost their parents or parents who had lost their children.

How much of that would it take before the public started demanding 'humane' bombing runs to minimize civilian losses?

Imagine if we had imbedded reporters and camera crews at Iwo Jima or any of the other major assaults in which more men died in a single day than have died in the entire Iraq war.

When a news anchor reported the casualties for the initial D-Day invasion along with graphic footage of exactly how those thousands of soldiers died, would the public still maintain their support of the war or would they demand that we pull out? (After all, why should we risk our soldier's lives in Europe? It had nothing to do with us after all)

Would we see endless accusations of war crimes against our own soldiers? Would they be able to function at peak efficiency knowing that there was always a camera behind them waiting for them to make a mistake?

You shouldn't allow the raw emotion of seeing the pictures of those dead soldiers to steer you into making emails like this that make no sense."</i>

-Cp said:
Fyi.. here's the email i sent to her which prompted the response you posted dmp:

<i>"I'm not sure how Impeaching our President will stop the evil people behind these brutal killkings and secondly, no, we are not a democracy, we're a Constitutional Republic....

How can you blame our President for the evil behind those killings Shelley?

The Constitutional grounds for impeachment are:

"The Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." -

Actually, that's not accurate. An impeachment is a trial where the president is charged with treason, bribery or other high crime or misdemenor. The articles of impeachment are tantamount to an indictment; the impeachment a trial.

As you may recall, the House voted articles of impeachment with respect to Clinton, but the Senate didn't buy it. :thup:

jillian said:
Actually, that's not accurate. An impeachment is a trial where the president is charged with treason, bribery or other high crime or misdemenor. The articles of impeachment are tantamount to an indictment; the impeachment a trial.

As you may recall, the House voted articles of impeachment with respect to Clinton, but the Senate didn't buy it. :thup:

Actually, Clinton was impeach - but not removed from office...

jillian said:

Side note: Do you, personally feel Clinton committed the crime of perjury when he said he didn't "have sexual relations with that woman - Miss Lewinksy"?

-Cp said:
Actually, Clinton was impeach - but not removed from office...

Which means he was tried by the House, in front of the Senate (the jury) and not found guilty. :salute:

To be removed from office, he would have had to be found guilty of high crimes or misdemenors by the Senate. He wasn't.

Forum List

Back