got the cats fixed yesterday

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
got my cats fixed yesterday. a guy i work with works with a company called ABC (animal birth control) and told me since we are considered low income we can get them both fixed and all shots for next to nothing (52.00 actually... my mom paid about 130.00 for her cat alone). so we got the paperwork together an took them to the vets yesterday. the paperwork they sent home with my dad said they would be sleepy the rest of the day, dont feed them right away...etc.
well my dad picked them up for me, so i thought id go home and check on the poor boys. sleepy my ass! max was on top of dog jsut chewing the shit out of him!! i was like what the fuck are you doing, sleep! had to lock him up in the kennel for the rest of the time i was at work. he cooled off when i got back, but i was trying to think what he was thinking... "you son of a bitch, this is your fault!!!"

but this morning they are fine. both eyes are open fully. they looked like a couple of stoners yesterday...lol

$52? $130? Daaaamn. I'm paying either $344 just to get Skittles a front paw declaw, and spayed on Jan. 2nd. I remember paying $150 to get Ratt done about 13 years ago.

Shattered said:
$52? $130? Daaaamn. I'm paying either $344 just to get Skittles a front paw declaw, and spayed on Jan. 2nd. I remember paying $150 to get Ratt done about 13 years ago.
yeah its good to have a friend who knows the in's and out's. adn this only came up cause max sprayed me one day. little bastard.

next is the claws. no way to get around the price on this one. but in the long run, when i dont have to replace or fix furniture im sure it would be worth it.

I think it's illegal to de-claw your cat somewhere....in Europe.

I take you guys don't have cats that flee at the sight of a water bottle? Not my cat, a little dab will do her. :D

Said1 said:

I take you guys don't have cats that flee at the sight of a water bottle? Not my cat, a little dab will do her. :D

Let's just say Skittles needs a little bling-bling that says NO FEAR! and she's going to get it.. in the form of a rhinestone pendant hanging from a spiked collar. Water is merely a toy.. not even worthy of pause.

Said1 said:

Banned by Countries and Cities and Condemned by Vets
Nearly two dozen countries—including England, Australia, and Japan—ban or severely restrict declawing surgeries.(6) Catalonia, Spain, prohibits declawing under its Law of Animal Protection.(7) Declawing is prohibited in West Hollywood, California, where one city council official explained, “As guardians of animals, we have a relationship of respect, that the animal not be amputated or subjected to techniques that create harm.”(8) On the heels of that precedent-setting legislation, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors adopted a resolution “condemning” declawing and urging veterinarians to drop the procedure.(9)

Many vets refuse to perform the surgery. Dr. Jennifer Conrad wrote in JAVMA that “[r]outine declawing (unlike sterilization) is never performed for the sake of the animal” and that as a veterinarian, she has “an obligation to do what is best for the animals and not what is most convenient for their owners.”(10) Dr. Melinda Merck does not perform declawing surgeries at her Georgia clinic, saying the process “is an amputation … and it’s awful.”(11) The Cat Practice in New York City tells its clients, “If you love your cat … don’t declaw!”(12)

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=42

Shattered said:
Let's just say Skittles needs a little bling-bling that says NO FEAR! and she's going to get it.. in the form of a rhinestone pendant hanging from a spiked collar. Water is merely a toy.. not even worthy of pause.

Sounds like a neat cat. I wouldn't de-claw and I've had a nut or two myself. :cuckoo:

Said1 said:
Sounds like a neat cat. I wouldn't de-claw and I've had a nut or two myself. :cuckoo:

Unfortunately, a $3000 leather sofa doesn't look good with claw marks, isn't easily repairable, and she has a tendency to hang from *everything*.

Johnney said:
got my cats fixed yesterday. a guy i work with works with a company called ABC (animal birth control) and told me since we are considered low income we can get them both fixed and all shots for next to nothing (52.00 actually... my mom paid about 130.00 for her cat alone). so we got the paperwork together an took them to the vets yesterday. the paperwork they sent home with my dad said they would be sleepy the rest of the day, dont feed them right away...etc.
well my dad picked them up for me, so i thought id go home and check on the poor boys. sleepy my ass! max was on top of dog jsut chewing the shit out of him!! i was like what the fuck are you doing, sleep! had to lock him up in the kennel for the rest of the time i was at work. he cooled off when i got back, but i was trying to think what he was thinking... "you son of a bitch, this is your fault!!!"

but this morning they are fine. both eyes are open fully. they looked like a couple of stoners yesterday...lol

This reminds me of something I saw something the other day, it was a bumpersticker or t-shirt that said....

"I got my cat fixed.... now he's a liberal"

KarlMarx said:
This reminds me of something I saw something the other day, it was a bumpersticker or t-shirt that said....

"I got my cat fixed.... now he's a liberal"

That may not be that far off the mark...

Ratt - Ratt's a Conservative.. She's all about doing what she knows is right.. Stays away from what she knows is wrong (mostly)..

Skittles - Skittles is a Liberal.. She's all about doing what feels good at the moment, without a care in the world for consequences (always)..

Tho, Ratt's fixed, so.. who knows.

We adopted a 4 year old cat who was already declawed (I couldn't have it done, but since it was already done...). Her paws look way underdeveloped, and she has trouble jumping up onto things. She will frequently jump up on a chair, for example, fail to make it, and fall back down. It seems like the declawing made her paws too small to be sure-footed.

Forum List

Back