Got Puss?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic but it scared me and made me sick to my stomach to hear about it.

The FDA allows an amazing amount of puss molecules in milk products. Christ it is really something I didn't want to know. Now I'm sitting here in the restauraunt staring at my coffee with a queezy unsettled feeling about my next sip.

Your thoughts? :confused:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic but it scared me and made me sick to my stomach to hear about it.

The FDA allows an amazing amount of puss molecules in milk products. Christ it is really something I didn't want to know. Now I'm sitting here in the restauraunt staring at my coffee with a queezy unsettled feeling about my next sip.

Drink your coffee black and quit being a puss.

It's pus, not puss. I'm pretty sure that story that circulates about the chicken sandwich and mayo is false.

Lots of stuff you ingest is gross. Microbes, bugs, dirt. I think we eat like 10 pounds of dirt a year or something. No biggie. "Meat" actually the flesh of dead animals!

Rent the movie "Fast Food Nation" and you'll swear off eating anything for several days. The storyline sucks, but the message is clear (and ugly).

Oh! Pus!

Pus is a protein rich fluid containing white blood cells.

While I wouldn't pop a cow's udder pimple directly into my mouth, I'm pretty sure that the process of pastuerization of the milk make it none infectious.

I have a book at home about the dairy industry and the allowable levels of things in milk and milk products. There are also allowable levels of blood and urine as well. Not to mention all the hormones and drugs they are given that filter down into their milk as well. You think it's normal for a cow to produce milk ALL the time? Of course it's not, animals produce milk to feed their offspring and when those offspring stop nursing their milk production dries up. Cows are given hormones to keep them producing in greater quantities than is the norm and the machines they use to milk them are designed to mimic the nursing of a calf so that their bodies continue to produce. I don't know if a study has been done on the long term effects of these practices on the composition of the milk produced but think they would be interesting to read if there were.

Oh! Pus!

While I wouldn't pop a cow's udder pimple directly into my mouth, I'm pretty sure that the process of pastuerization of the milk make it none infectious.

I took that sip..thought about it...spat it back into the cup...took it into the dishwashing room and sterilised it. I think I'll make a cup of tea.

I have a book at home about the dairy industry and the allowable levels of things in milk and milk products. There are also allowable levels of blood and urine as well. Not to mention all the hormones and drugs they are given that filter down into their milk as well. You think it's normal for a cow to produce milk ALL the time? Of course it's not, animals produce milk to feed their offspring and when those offspring stop nursing their milk production dries up. Cows are given hormones to keep them producing in greater quantities than is the norm and the machines they use to milk them are designed to mimic the nursing of a calf so that their bodies continue to produce. I don't know if a study has been done on the long term effects of these practices on the composition of the milk produced but think they would be interesting to read if there were.

We should feed cows chocolate and get chocolate milk.

Oh! Pus!

I took that sip..thought about it...spat it back into the cup...took it into the dishwashing room and sterilised it. I think I'll make a cup of tea.

Try the flavored powder stuff. The hazelnut and vanilla are delish.

Oh! Pus!

Since tea is made of leaves of tropical plants, I'm sure you will find some tropical insect maggot molecules in your beverage.

oh! Pus!

While i wouldn't pop a cow's udder pimple directly into my mouth, i'm pretty sure that the process of pastuerization of the milk make it none infectious.

i took that sip..thought about it...spat it back into the cup...took it into the dishwashing room and sterilised it. I think i'll make a cup of tea.

since tea is made of leaves of tropical plants, i'm sure you will find some tropical insect maggot molecules in your beverage.

dope!!!!

Forum List

Back