Got my letter from the census

fill the damned thing out and send it back...how fucking how is that concept?

of course it doesnt mention state issues...its a fucking federal letter....but if you want to not be counted....so be it....

All we are legally required to do, according to our Constitution; is state how many people live in our homes, that is it, nothing more, and nothing less. That is what I will do. Period!

yuppy, says a response is required by law right on the envelope.....

Oh, they'll get a response. Bad enough they send a letter telling you they are sending the census in another mailing, but the bozos list current occupant on the letter address. Why not have a short form, where you can just send back a post coard if all the people listed on the address are correct and be done?

of course it doesnt mention state issues...its a fucking federal letter....but if you want to not be counted....so be it....

All we are legally required to do, according to our Constitution; is state how many people live in our homes, that is it, nothing more, and nothing less. That is what I will do. Period!
and that is covered in question #1
no need to answer any of the rest

The wording is this:
[An] Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

Now, to leave the questions blank violates the Manner as they have by Law directed.

Believe whatever you like, but don't expect a judge to agree with YOUR interpretation of the Constitution.

Do you live in a red state? If so, all the cool people in red states are going to protest the census by pretending each of their households contains only one person.

The funny thing is a lot of Red states get MORE money back from the Fed than we send it. For example Idaho gets apx $1.20 for every $1.00 we send to the Fed so if all the redneck assholes here lie about how many people live in their homes we may get LESS money.

Wait till everyone finds out the letter includes information in a least *gasp* four FOREIGN languages.

:eek:

I hope they did better with the Korean than they did with the Russian.

is it the same four? We had Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese and I think Chinese in addition to Russian.

I think you are missing the point. There was no mention of why we are doing this except as a means of spreading out the money taken from one set of voters to be passed out to another set of voters.

It rankles that they only reasons they can give for doing this is to get on the gravy train. There is more to it than that.

No discussion of we need to fulfill our constitutional obligations to make sure the people are honestly represented. It is all bout lining up like so many Strasbourg geese so they can pour grain down our gullets before they make foi gras our of our liberties.

800px-Foie_gras_-_gavage_in_Rocamadour%2C_France.jpg

LOL!!! The stupidity about the census is hilarious.

It's about firehouses, schools, police departments, libraries, parks. If you hate these things, definitely don't fill out your census.

That is what it has become. Not what it is about. The fact it has become that is what is making me unhappy.

You thought the census was only uses to determine a State's Representation to the US House of Representatives?

Please PM me.

I have a Nigerian Gold Mine in which YOU can invest!!!!

You take confederate currency?

and me and a few thousand other carriers get to deliver these things.....:lol:....you wanna know stupid....back in the 1980 census we had to deliver the census forms even to a vacant house, drop it in the box anyway we were told???WTF......instead of just marking vacant on the form....and giving it back.....now we dont have to do this....SEE and you guys thought the Govt did not progress....:lol:
mine wasnt delivered by a postal worker, it was hand delivered by a Census worker

not out here i guess we have already had our standups to get us ready....i cant wait....:lol:

The wording is this:
[An] Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

Now, to leave the questions blank violates the Manner as they have by Law directed.

Believe whatever you like, but don't expect a judge to agree with YOUR interpretation of the Constitution.

Enumeration's definition must have changed. It used to mean counting people who lived in a voting district. The rest is just nosy questions you can ignore.

The wording is this:

Enumeration's definition must have changed. It used to mean counting people who lived in a voting district. The rest is just nosy questions you can ignore.

The Constitution's language is vague, and the accepted interpretation disagrees with you. So, if you must - Fight the Power. But don't be surprised if you get fined or arrested.

The government has become too big, people are not apt to comply to a census well, when government has the innate ability to take control of everything. People will rebel

The Census and the Constitution|Tenth Amendment Center

"The Census Bureau estimates that the life cycle cost of the 2010 Census will be from $13.7 billion to $14.5 billion, making it the costliest census in the nation’s history. Suppose you suggest to a congressman that given our budget crisis, we could save some money by dispensing with the 2010 census. I guarantee you that he’ll say something along the lines that the Constitution mandates a decennial counting of the American people and he would be absolutely right. Article I, Section 2 of our constitution reads: “The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.”

What purpose did the Constitution’s framers have in mind ordering an enumeration or count of the American people every 10 years? The purpose of the headcount is to apportion the number of seats in the House of Representatives and derived from that, along with two senators from each state, the number of electors to the Electoral College.

The Census Bureau tells us that this year, it will use a shorter questionnaire, consisting of only 10 questions. From what I see, only one of them serves the constitutional purpose of enumeration — namely, “How many people were living or staying at this house, apartment or mobile home on April 1, 2010?” The Census Bureau’s shorter questionnaire claim is deceptive at best."

United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to the constitution the only question you have to legally answer is how many people live in your household."

Census Bureau answers critics

The Census Bureau's rational for the race question:
"The Census Bureau source explained the reason for race-related questions rests chiefly on the need to reapportion congressional representation -- referring to the Constitution's sole stated purpose for the count. Such inquiries, said the source, are made to ensure each congressional district is racially diverse."

Other interesting points:
"Americans who object ideologically to the redistribution of wealth, and so are returning their census forms having answered only the question regarding the number of individuals in their household.

The penalty for not answering every question on the survey is $100. False answers garner a fine of up to $500. However, the law is unclear as to enforcement of such fines.

Apparently, lack of legal clarity is irrelevant, as WND's source revealed the Census Bureau is not going to collect any such fines.

"The Census Bureau is not an enforcement agency," he said, adding that any enforcement would have to come from the judicial system.

Although the source indicated lack of compliance will be handled on a case-by-case basis, he plainly stated the Bureau will not seek prosecution for incomplete forms.

"We don't want to intimidate people [into participating]," he said.

In cases where forms are incomplete, enumerators will contact households and "make every effort" to gather the requested information, but no fines will be levied."

The government has become too big, people are not apt to comply to a census well, when government has the innate ability to take control of everything. People will rebel

These are the same questions that have always been sent. Why didn't everyone "rebel" in 2000?

Go back to post #75 for some of your answers. FYI, these questions have been paired down considerably from 2000, so they aren't "the same questions that have always been sent."

These are the same questions that have always been sent. Why didn't everyone "rebel" in 2000?

Go back to post #75 for some of your answers. FYI, these questions have been paired down considerably from 2000, so they aren't "the same questions that have always been sent."

So there are less questions than last time. I still don't see why "people will rebel".

The Census has a purpose, most of you intend to usurp its purpose, and in doing so will debase your local economies in relation to others. Complete the form truthfully and in its entirety and support your community. This is akin to voting. Be counted and be accountable.

The Census has a purpose, most of you intend to usurp its purpose, and in doing so will debase your local economies in relation to others. Complete the form truthfully and in its entirety and support your community. This is akin to voting. Be counted and be accountable.
i will complete only the part that is constitutionally mandated
how many people live here
nothing more

Forum List

Back