Got my letter from the census

Ok, I tried to post this thread the other day but no one took any notice, no biggie.

The big thing is that back around 1900 without the help of the post office, computers, telephones, and automobiles; each census worker counted about 6000 people.

Today with all our modern advantages we have one million census workers to count something over 300 million people. So each of these hard working government employees will count 300 and some people.

Sorry but this whole thing stinks. Why is this massive waste happening while we are in a recession? And how many of these "jobs" are being counted as created by the stimulus?

I smell something really really rotten in Washington. But yes I will fill out the "required" information and mail it back.

You know it's in the Constitution, right?

Article 1 Section 2

Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

The first census was 1790. There's been one every 10 years since then.

I think you missed his context. He's not complaining that a census is happening, rather that the number of census workers and waste involved with the census has gotten out of control.

6000 to 1 vs 300 to 1....Yeah way out of control.

And it bugs me about its attitude.

It does not ask you to fullfil a constitituional obligation. It ask you to make sure you are lined up correctly for the pork teat. It doesn't even mention the constitution.

The letter:

Dear Resident

About one week from now you will receive a 2010 census form in the mail.
When you receive your form, please fill it in and mail it in promptly

Your response is important. Results from the 2010 census will be used to help each community gets its fair share [!!!!!!] of government [ie taxpayer] funds for schools, health facilities, and many other programs you and and your neighbors needs Without a complete, accurate census, your community may not receive its fair share

Thank you in advance for your help

Robert Groves
Director US Census Bureau.
I added my own annotations. What about our representation in congress? Is that too trivial to mention? What about redistricting here in the state of Oregon. That is too trivial as well.

But the really important part of the census is how much we can score off our neighbors. I can see Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Marshall and the rest of the boys being thrilled about that.
It also didn't seem to mention Erick Holder's threat to jail us if we didn't comply.

For some odd reason.

Ok, I tried to post this thread the other day but no one took any notice, no biggie.

The big thing is that back around 1900 without the help of the post office, computers, telephones, and automobiles; each census worker counted about 6000 people.

Today with all our modern advantages we have one million census workers to count something over 300 million people. So each of these hard working government employees will count 300 and some people.

Sorry but this whole thing stinks. Why is this massive waste happening while we are in a recession? And how many of these "jobs" are being counted as created by the stimulus?

I smell something really really rotten in Washington. But yes I will fill out the "required" information and mail it back.

Article 1 Section 2

Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

Gee Doctor, I know; so why did a guy in 1900 count 6000 people but today can only count 300? Why did the Government waste over a million dollars sending out this warning letter? Address the real questions not the made up ones Did you see me question doing the census? NO! Only the waste that seems to be going along with this one.

Apologies, I misread your post.

Article 1 Section 2

Gee Doctor, I know; so why did a guy in 1900 count 6000 people but today can only count 300? Why did the Government waste over a million dollars sending out this warning letter? Address the real questions not the made up ones Did you see me question doing the census? NO! Only the waste that seems to be going along with this one.

Apologies, I misread your post.

Accepted, now get pissed about the waste.

and me and a few thousand other carriers get to deliver these things.....:lol:....you wanna know stupid....back in the 1980 census we had to deliver the census forms even to a vacant house, drop it in the box anyway we were told???WTF......instead of just marking vacant on the form....and giving it back.....now we dont have to do this....SEE and you guys thought the Govt did not progress....:lol:

i got my census forms about a week ago
10 questions for the first person filling it out, and 7 for each after that
and as far as i can see, there is no need to answer beyond question #1
"how many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010"
the rest is not constitutional
as they are not needed to count the population

and me and a few thousand other carriers get to deliver these things.....:lol:....you wanna know stupid....back in the 1980 census we had to deliver the census forms even to a vacant house, drop it in the box anyway we were told???WTF......instead of just marking vacant on the form....and giving it back.....now we dont have to do this....SEE and you guys thought the Govt did not progress....:lol:
mine wasnt delivered by a postal worker, it was hand delivered by a Census worker

Do you live in a red state? If so, all the cool people in red states are going to protest the census by pretending each of their households contains only one person.

Damn, I'm in a blue state. :(

Me too. I plan to respond with only the number of people living in our house.

Period.

PTTTTTTtttttthhhh.....

I'm going to respond that we are a household of 23 blind illegal migrants.

I'm expecting the checks to arrive from the US Treasury before Christmas.

PTTTTTTtttttthhhh.....

I'm going to respond that we are a household of 23 blind illegal migrants.

I'm expecting the checks to arrive from the US Treasury before Christmas.

Why aren't you including the asian chicks chained up in your basement?

mine wasnt delivered by a postal worker, it was hand delivered by a Census worker

did he try to test you?

did he try to test you?
test?
test me for what?
LOL

Forum List

Back