Got milk? Can ya spare some? :)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Breast milk research gives rise to commercialization - MyFoxAL.com - FOX6 WBRC Birmingham AL

"Breakthroughs in research have created a thriving environment for donating and even selling breast milk to commercial outlets.

Nicole Hutchison, a mother who spent more than a year donating breast milk, said she brought coolers of it to a nonprofit milk bank. Over that time span, Hutchinson donated more than 3,200 ounces.

"I decided to donate my breast milk whenever I discovered that I had a really abundant supply," she said.

The demand for a supple supply of breast milk is high because of the insurgence of research.

Experts say more mothers than ever are donating to nonprofit milk banks. A larger number of mothers are also pumping milk for compensation.

Some mothers are being offered about $1 an ounce by companies that turn the milk into a commercial product for babies."

Always been intrigued at how readily we feed our babies some animal's milk, but get squeamish about using breasts for what they're actually for. Watching some animal documentaries recently, they showed how some animals laden with childbirth hormones will 'adopt' other animal species (a cat did some ducklings, another cat some hedgehogs.) The cats even allowed the non-cat babies to suckle. So apparently cross-species breast milk 'works' for vital nutrition.

Yet we drink cow and goat milk as adults, not human milk. Suppose the way we get animal's milk would be objectionable imagining low-income women with geneticly enlarged breasts in harnesses and restraints while their breast milk is extracted, but still. :) You'd think we'd be using our own, not some animal's.

ad_ep007_17.jpg

Nearest visual aide I could think of. :)

...So it is.

Move over protein shakes why bodybuilders now drink breast milk - Telegraph

Does Human Breast Milk Build Muscle Men s Health

"Finally, breast milk is only as good as the diet and general health of the person who produces it, explains Halpern. “Breast milk generally isn’t regulated—if the woman has a terrible diet the breast milk will be terrible quality,” he says. “And diseases like HIV can be transmitted through breast milk.” What’s more, because you’re oftentimes buying the milk off of people who may pump it in their homes and not a controlled, sterile environment, the milk can be contaminated.

Science agrees: A recent study in the journal Pediatrics found that of 101 samples of breast milk purchased online, 63 percent tested positive for staphylococcus, 36 percent for streptococcus, and 3 percent for salmonella.

You work harder to get ahold of this supplement, pay an exorbitant amount for it, and put yourself at risk of sickness by taking it. Some guys could probably rationalize all of that if breast milk really helped them pack on mass. Just look at the popularity of steroids."

Forum List

Back