Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Earlier this week (May 4th), Bill O'Reilly and Juliette Huddy had a discussion about Whoppi Goldberg's and Nancy Pelosi's "hypocrisy" in that they, according to Bill, they have a double standard with regard to President Obama. After they tossed that meme around for a while, Bill says "ideology is more important to some folks than the truth... If you can make an ideological point, it doesn't matter...It disturbs me that people put ideology above the truth." Hello, Scuse Me? This is coming from the guy whose whole "MO" is about ideology. The examples are legion; but perhaps the most striking example is how O'Reilly takes his talking points from the anti-choice lobby in his biased and inaccurate coverage of Planned Parenthood. Bill's ideological anti-choice crusade against the assassinated abortion provider, George Tiller, even got Bill a "Courage Award" from a hate group, the Family Research Center. And how about his bogus "war on Christmas" - ideology free? I don't think so! And it's not just Bill, it's his employer, Fox "News," whose right wing ideological bent enabled it to provide Donald Trump with a sympathetic platform for birtherism and the most virulent anti-Islamicists with a platform from which to rail against the so called "Ground Zero Mosque. The anti-immigration ideology of the right wing also pervades the air waves of Fox "News." But seriously, Bill O'Reilly complains about ideology. Give me a break...!!!

Continue reading »

News Hounds: Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

LOL...now I see where you come by some of your downright foolish thoughts

Earlier this week (May 4th), Bill O'Reilly and Juliette Huddy had a discussion about Whoppi Goldberg's and Nancy Pelosi's "hypocrisy" in that they, according to Bill, they have a double standard with regard to President Obama. After they tossed that meme around for a while, Bill says "ideology is more important to some folks than the truth... If you can make an ideological point, it doesn't matter...It disturbs me that people put ideology above the truth."...

Got Hypocrisy? Bill O'Reilly Is Disturbed By Those Who Put Ideology Above The Truth?

Got Hypocrisy?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I saw the show and O’Reilly showed clips of Goldberg and Pelosi saying one thing while Bush was president and the EXACT OPPOSITE after Obama was elected.

O’Rielly is not a hypocrite for exposing hypocrites.

Also, O’Reilly is not a hypocrite for simply taking a stand on the issues you mentioned either because he has been always been 100% consistent on his stand regardless of who is in the front office. And, he also goes out of his way to bring people of opposing views on his show to debate him on these issues.

No wonder you're getting so many votes over on the "biggest liar" thread.

Gheese.

Last edited:
What insight is there too offer?

The linked post & you are just being dumb. His whole "MO" is about ideology - so what? There are no real lies linked, just opposing opinions. Big deal you all don't like his views , he is consistent.

Whoopie was not and you are not. Making you people who put your ideology above the true

You all have situational ideals

Earlier this week (May 4th), Bill O'Reilly and Juliette Huddy had a discussion about Whoppi Goldberg's and Nancy Pelosi's "hypocrisy" in that they, according to Bill, they have a double standard with regard to President Obama. After they tossed that meme around for a while, Bill says "ideology is more important to some folks than the truth... If you can make an ideological point, it doesn't matter...It disturbs me that people put ideology above the truth."...

Got Hypocrisy?

I saw the show and O’Reilly showed clips Goldberg and Pelosi saying one thing while Bush was president and the EXACT OPPOSITE after Obama was elected.

Also, O’Reilly is not a hypocrite for simply taking a stand on the issues you mentioned either because he has been always been 100% consistent on his stand regardless of who is in the front office. And, he also goes out of his way to bring people of opposing views on his show to debate him on these issues.

No wonder you're getting many votes over on the "biggest liar" thread.

Gheese.

Well I don't expect neocons to like me. But the point is correct that it is hypocritical to criticize someone for putting idealogy above the truth when he(Bill O) is doing the same everyday.

What insight is there too offer?

The linked post & you are just being dumb. His whole "MO" is about ideology - so what? There are no real lies linked, just opposing opinions. Big deal you all don't like his views , he is consistent.

Whoopie was not and you are not. Making you people who put your ideology above the true

You all have situational ideals

the thread is about hypocricy( do you need an explanation?) but if you want Fox lies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s]YouTube - FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2)[/ame]

O'Reilly is what the thread is about and the linked post does not show him to be hypocritical.

The vid only proves, again, how easily led you are. Why obsess over these things?

O'Reilly is what the thread is about and the linked post does not show him to be hypocritical.

The vid only proves, again, how easily led you are. Why obsess over these things?

I don't think I obsess at all, but the vis shows Bill O attacking someone for putting idealogy above the truth and any rational thinking person who has watched his show knows he does the same and therefore a hypocrite.

Got Hypocrisy?

I saw the show and O’Reilly showed clips Goldberg and Pelosi saying one thing while Bush was president and the EXACT OPPOSITE after Obama was elected.

Gheese.

Well I don't expect neocons to like me. But the point is correct that it is hypocritical to criticize someone for putting idealogy above the truth when he(Bill O) is doing the same everyday.

Just because O’Reilly has ideological views does not mean he puts his ideology over the truth. We all have ideological views.

You don’t seriously believe the word “truth” only applies to your own personal ideological views do you? And, if so, who are you to be the one who gets to decide what the “truth” is anyway?

On the other hand, a good case can be made that, people who say one thing when Bush is president and the EXACT OPPOSITE when Obama is in office, are indeed putting their ideology ahead of the truth because the examples are opposite (so only one can be “true”).

And the word we use to describe these people is hypocrite.

Got Hypocrisy?

Gheese.

Just because O’Reilly has ideological views does not mean he puts his ideology over the truth. We all have ideological views.

You don’t seriously believe the word “truth” only applies to your own personal ideological views do you? And, if so, who are you to be the one who gets to decide what the “truth” is anyway?

On the other hand, a good case can be made that, people who say one thing when Bush is president and the EXACT OPPOSITE when Obama is in office, are indeed putting their ideology ahead of the truth because the examples are opposite (so only one can be “true”).

Bill O does put his idealogy above the truth so that makes him a hypocrite.

Got Hypocrisy?

Gheese.

In Bill's case, it's not about the ideology. First, he repeatedly hit on a young intern at Fox. When she finally complained, Fox threatened her. When she filed a lawsuit, Bill slandered her on the air and then suddenly backed down. Thank Gawd for the answering machine. Can't fake that.

Then, when 11 year old Shawn Hornbeck was kidnapped and raped, Bill, publicly, on his program, said point blank, that Shawn could have left at any time so he must have liked it. That it was a pretty good deal. When Shawn's parents, on national TV, begged Bill to stop and apologize because people are believing what Bill was saying, instead, he said he was done with the story and wasn't going to talk about it any more.

Shawn was raped twice.

THAT is Bill O'Reilly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-c1TeWW-s]YouTube - O'Reilly blames teen victim[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpltRY0eIw]YouTube - Fox News' O'Reilly Says Sex Abuse Victim Enjoyed Captivity[/ame]

Right wingers will look to the scum of the earth as "heroes". As long as they spout the correct "ideology", they will let these people get away with anything. Unless conservatives share Bill's values.

I don't think I obsess at all, but the vis shows Bill O attacking someone for putting idealogy above the truth and any rational thinking person who has watched his show knows he does the same and therefore a hypocrite.
So provide some evidence in the form of quotes or links where O'Reilly has put ideology above the truth, if that is what you seek....

:eusa_hand:

In Bill's case, it's not about the ideology. First, he repeatedly hit on a young intern at Fox. When she finally complained, Fox threatened her. When she filed a lawsuit, Bill slandered her on the air and then suddenly backed down. Thank Gawd for the answering machine. Can't fake that.

Then, when 11 year old Shawn Hornbeck was kidnapped and raped, Bill, publicly, on his program, said point blank, that Shawn could have left at any time so he must have liked it. That it was a pretty good deal. When Shawn's parents, on national TV, begged Bill to stop and apologize because people are believing what Bill was saying, instead, he said he was done with the story and wasn't going to talk about it any more.

Shawn was raped twice.

THAT is Bill O'Reilly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-c1TeWW-s]YouTube - O'Reilly blames teen victim[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpltRY0eIw]YouTube - Fox News' O'Reilly Says Sex Abuse Victim Enjoyed Captivity[/ame]

Right wingers will look to the scum of the earth as "heroes". As long as they spout the correct "ideology", they will let these people get away with anything. Unless conservatives share Bill's values.

Nice try but what’s that got to do with the Goldberg/Pelosi quotes or the OP’s claim that only he/she can define what is true.

Also, you don’t get to define my values based on a few select TV clips. Just because you may get your values downloaded from TV pundits, doesn’t mean I do. In fact, I don’t. I agree or disagree with a pundit on each separate issue based on the issue’s own merit.

I think that there is more to it than that....or less. To be hypocritical one must know that one is being so. AND I am not convinced that his audience is retarded. Somehow these people..the most ideological among us, truly do not believe that they are. Maybe it came from the media...a breakthrough in mind altering key words that triggered the "not me..nosiree" response above and in replacement of any other conclusion. On the surface it looks like shear stupidity...but some seemingly intelligent people fall victim to it every minute of every day. What seems to have evolved is an ability to be selectively intelligent and mind blowingly stupid at the suggestion of the television. Astonishing.

Shawn was raped twice.

THAT is Bill O'Reilly

Nice try but what’s that got to do with the Goldberg/Pelosi quotes or the OP’s claim that only he/she can define what is true.

Also, you don’t get to define my values based on a few select TV clips. Just because you may get your values downloaded from TV pundits, doesn’t mean I do. In fact, I don’t. I agree or disagree with a pundit on each separate issue based on the issue’s own merit.

Shawn Hornbeck's "mother" is a "TV Pundit". Disgusting.

Why was that O'reilly video so heavily edited? Not getting the full context of what hes saying. Thats not fair to me.

Move over Yahweh, Allah, Krishna, and all you celestial big wigs cuz there's a new deity in town and he's kicking some serious ass. As I reported last week, Bill O'Reilly seems to be spending a lot of time pondering who is not heading for the pearly gates. But while he does believe that evil doers (and he has a great big list) will be punished, he did admit that only God can judge people - a statement rich in irony given that Bill judges people all the time. After a little soul searching, it is now apparent that Bill has embraced his role as arbiter of who is naughty and nice which is appropriate because he is, like God, "looking out for" us.

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Bill O'Reilly Is God?

Clearly, some people - such as the OP and whoever wrote the bullshit he's providing as 'evidence' - have absolutely no conception of the basic beliefs of Catholics.

Does this make them stupid or just pig ignorant? I'm leaning towards pig ignorant.

Forum List

Back