Got gold??

You are missing each other’s points here. In a complete and utter collapse, gold would lose all value. That is a given. In the time of grate turmoil, there would be only 4 real resources – food, water, tools and protection. Food would be the only really sought after commodity. However, the world would stabilize (after most of the people died of course) and gold would become the standard. Why, you ask nick? Simple, it is rare and easily verified. I can easily check to see if the coin you are handing me in genuine and gold is a rare element and it serves as a general means of trade in all items. Sure, gold itself has no application other than a means to trade but its inherent rarity makes it the perfect mettle for this. History shows this to be true. Gold has been used to trade for THOUSANDS of years. It will be used for a thousand more.

There are plenty of "precious" metals (and stones) that are "rare" and gold is not one of them.

Why don't you buy diamonds dude?

Why gold and not diamonds?

Oh yeah, what the fuck is a person gong to do with a diamond?

Where do you get refined diamonds? That process is not simple where refining gold is. Also, rareity is both a problem AND a solution for a monetary system. It cannot be too rare that no one has any yet it must be rare enough so that it retains value. Gold seems to fit that perfectly.

By the way, I am sure that diamonds as well as other precious metals would play a part. All would be in the mix as a tradable resource. Gold is just the most common and universally accepted. Your resistance to the concept is puzzling. Again, thousands of years of history would prove you quite incorrect. Gold was and will be a form of currency.

How do you get graded coins?

If gold is gonna be so precious, then why the hell is everyone on TV trying so hard to sell it to me??????

Next, in a meltdown, the new currency will be water, bullets, and men who know how to use guns. The people with all the pretty gold will be terrified at the lawlessness of the land, with cops no longer able to protect us, and those men will seek out protection from the ones with the guns. They'll beg for protection. Protect them, protect their children. Ok. Will do. But you're gonna share the gold with me in return.

Buy bullets and guns. Learn to use them. Screw gold.

Turning Lead into Gold

Before Chemistry was a science, there was Alchemy. One of the supreme quests of alchemy is to transmute lead into gold. Lead (atomic number 82) and gold (atomic number 79) are defined as elements by the number of protons they possess. Changing the element requires changing the atomic (proton) number. The number of protons cannot be altered by any chemical means. However, physics may be used to add or remove protons and thereby change one element into another. Because lead is stable, forcing it to release three protons requires a vast input of energy, such that the cost of transmuting it greatly surpasses the value of the resulting gold.

Transmutation of lead into gold isn't just theoretically possible - it has been achieved!

MORE: Turning Lead into Gold

Gold is created when supernovas collapse.

The single best piece of advice my granddaddy ever gave me was to sell a little piece of property I was sitting on, and buy gold with it. I thought he was crazy because gold was like $200 an ounce, and it was a sweet piece of property. I took his advice though because he was a successful man, and I thank my lucky stars I did.
I think silver is where it's at now though.

The single best piece of advice my granddaddy ever gave me was to sell a little piece of property I was sitting on, and buy gold with it. I thought he was crazy because gold was like $200 an ounce, and it was a sweet piece of property. I took his advice though because he was a successful man, and I thank my lucky stars I did.
I think silver is where it's at now though.

Silver at 200 an ounce is a real possibility now. I'd rather be in my compound in the mountains at that point though.

600px-Components_of_the_United_States_money_supply2.svg.png

Money_Supply_M1_1975_2011.png

Sometimes a picture is worth a couple trillion words.

This might help, too

• M0: In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, M0 includes bank reserves, so M0 is referred to as the monetary base, or narrow money.[11]
    • MB: is referred to as the monetary base or total currency.[8] This is the base from which other forms of money (like checking deposits, listed below) are created and is traditionally the most liquid measure of the money supply.[12]
    • M1: Bank reserves are not included in M1.
    • M2: represents money and "close substitutes" for money.[13] M2 is a broader classification of money than M1. Economists use M2 when looking to quantify the amount of money in circulation and trying to explain different economic monetary conditions. M2 is a key economic indicator used to forecast inflation.[14]
    • M3: Since 2006, M3 is no longer tracked by the US central bank.[15] However, there are still estimates produced by various private institutions. (M2 +large deposits and other large, long-term deposits)
    • MZM: Money with zero maturity. It measures the supply of financial assets redeemable at par on demand.
    The ratio of a pair of these measures, most often M2/M0, is called an (actual, empirical) money multiplier.
Source

Last edited:
So the question is...if there are nine times the amount of money, is all that money representing 9 times the amount of goods and services it is chasing or representing?

No obviously it isn't.

But we weren't having much inflation in the last twenty years, right?

Remember? Inflation has been low, they've been telling us?

Our COLAS haven't had to kick in in a couple years because there is no inflation, right?

So the question is...if there are nine times the amount of money, is all that money representing 9 times the amount of goods and services it is chasing or representing?

No obviously it isn't.

Our COLAS haven't had to kick in in a couple years because there is no inflation, right?

That's what they tell us, yet I wonder then why stuff like Milk, bread, coffee, fuel, etc have doubled in the last year or so?

I need water, I need food , I don't need gold.

No one needs gold...........

Actually some do need gold. It has many industrial uses. such as in the microchip that powers your computer. But I remiss.

It is who wants gold not who needs gold.

Markets value Gold.

I don't care how much survival stuff you squirrel away you can't plan for everything & most stuff you need is perishable. Some day you will need a dentist, doctor, drugs, new batteries, generator, specialty parts or fuel. Do you have an oil well in your back yard? A drug company that trades pharmaceuticals for aluminum cups?

No you don't & you can't store a lifetime supply for you or your family. You must have something that will trade for anything you need.

Who wants gold?

If you offered me gold for clean water I'd laugh then make sure your kids got a drink.

You are missing each other’s points here. In a complete and utter collapse, gold would lose all value. That is a given. In the time of grate turmoil, there would be only 4 real resources – food, water, tools and protection. Food would be the only really sought after commodity. However, the world would stabilize (after most of the people died of course) and gold would become the standard. Why, you ask nick? Simple, it is rare and easily verified. I can easily check to see if the coin you are handing me in genuine and gold is a rare element and it serves as a general means of trade in all items. Sure, gold itself has no application other than a means to trade but its inherent rarity makes it the perfect mettle for this. History shows this to be true. Gold has been used to trade for THOUSANDS of years. It will be used for a thousand more.

Most people will trade with or give to their neighbors without a problem or a need for money like Mr.Nick said. The thing is we are not all friends & neighbors on this planet. Canada & Russia have the Potash Fertilizer everyone will need to grow food with. Are they just going to keep on giving it to you? They will need fuel for their mining equipment & transportation of the fertilizer to your farm. Will OPEC keep on supplying the fuel to Belarus Potash of Russia, Potash Inc of Canada & Farmers? The answer to both is simply NO!

I don't believe we will have a total collapse of society. I believe it will be an inflationary currency collapse that will transition into a one world electronic currency. The issue will be trusting that new currency & who regulates it. Without proper regulatory enforcement any currency will collapse except for Gold. Gold needs no regulation or government in order to be trusted as legitimate money.

Some people will accept the new money (International Monitary Unit) IMU but many won't trust it completely or want all transactions electronically tracked, taxed, monitored, regulated & restricted. Gold will serve as the discrete cash transactions do today. There will ultimately be 2 competing currencies. Gold will be used the most by people outside of the heavily taxed & inflated World Banking System.

Society could even evolve into 2 tiers like the movie Logan's Run. You have people living on the inside with their electronic system with total control & people on the outside with the freedom of Gold. There will be markets & traders between the 2 groups exchanging the 2 currency's & goods. Most people will want to have both currency's. Which will you trust for your retirement savings?

Last edited:
Who wants gold?

If you offered me gold for clean water I'd laugh then make sure your kids got a drink.

Most people will trade with or give to their neighbors without a problem or a need for money like Mr.Nick said. The thing is we are not all friends & neighbors on this planet. Canada & Russia have the Potash Fertilizer everyone will need to grow food with. Are they just going to keep on giving it to you? They will need fuel for their mining equipment & transportation of the fertilizer to your farm. Will OPEC keep on supplying the fuel to Belarus Potash of Russia, Potash Inc of Canada & Farmers? The answer to both is simply NO!

I don't believe we will have a total collapse of society. I believe it will be an inflationary currency collapse that will transition into a one world electronic currency. The issue will be trusting that new currency & who regulates it. Without proper regulatory enforcement any currency will collapse except for Gold. Gold needs no regulation or government in order to be trusted as legitimate money.

Some people will accept the new money (International Monitary Unit) IMU but many won't trust it completely or want all transactions electronically tracked, taxed, monitored, regulated & restricted. Gold will serve as the discrete cash transactions do today. There will ultimately be 2 competing currencies. Gold will be used the most by people outside of the heavily taxed & inflated World Banking System.

Society could even evolve into 2 tiers like the movie Logan's Run. You have people living on the inside with their electronic system with total control & people on the outside with the freedom of Gold. There will be markets & traders between the 2 groups exchanging the 2 currency's & goods. Most people will want to have both currency's. Which will you trust for your retirement savings?

I believe that a complete crash is more likely. People with power do not want to lose it and are not happy about changes that threaten or force them to work to keep it. What you are talking about is a complete removal of the current system with a new one. An international currency is a strong possibility built only as a matter of trade between nations. It is not something that the people of individual nations would be using locally. Look at the Euro; it is a bad idea for most of the participants.

No obviously it isn't.

That's what they tell us, yet I wonder then why stuff like Milk, bread, coffee, fuel, etc have doubled in the last year or so?

Because inflation (massive inflation) has already occurred but has been officially ignored because the numbers van be twisted. Inflation is here and the proof is in the cost of virtually EVERYTHING has increased. The poor hosing market is the largest reason that they are able to dance around that fact as it is balancing the inflationary numbers on paper. In our accounts, it is another story altogether.

New Topics

Forum List

Back