Got gold??

Gold is useless...

It has no properties that will create a demand in a time of need.

If we collapse I'm on my feet - I don't want that heavy shit in my pockets - I'm looking for resources and gold isn't one of them, unless you got a gold cup. I'll take that until I can find something made out of aluminum.

Son - OPEC does not take aluminum cups in exchange for oil. :lol:

Fertilizer companies do not take aluminum cups in exchange for Potash, Nitrogen & Phosphate.

The 7 most crutial elements to keep the current size global population alive are:

1. - Clean Air
2. - Clean Water
3. - Potash
4. - Phosphate
5. - Nitrogen
6. - Oil
7. - Arable Land

All of those items can be purchased with Gold, but not with aluminum cups. The starving people of the world will not lay down & die in peace. Critical items will be traded for Gold or fought for with Blood.

Aluminum cups :lol:

Do you believe there will be an honest exchange of goods if there was a crisis?

Motherfuckers will just take your shit....

The only people who would care in a time of crisis is conservatives..

Progressives would use it as an excuse for "free shit" and they would raid department stores.

Yeah, I saw Katrina and its aftermath..

Gold saved those immoral barbaric souls no?

Just drive a poison truck load of food by their base & let them take it. After a couple of days just walk in & take their Guns, Ammo & any thing else you want.

Even buying less than $10,000 worth of gold at a time does not guarantee no paper trail.

If you buy refined gold there IS a record andk Obama, like Roosevelt, can confiscate it at any time He chooses.

Safe is unrefined "concentrate" which can be refined at any time in this country or offshore, even at home. But it's not something you want to do on your kitchen stove.

Don't keep your stash in bank safe deposits either.
Mason jars are much safer.

Steal from the Government then ask them to verify your loot? Ya that was smart. Had nothing to do with being in a bank vault.

IMO gold is useless. I wouldn't trade anything useful for gold.

Here is the crux or my argument...what makes gold valuable?

The US economy cannot correct itself at least for around a decade to go.

Untrue. Get a stable POTUS in their with a stable Congress and the ountry will bounce back in a couple of years. Keep going as it is and the country will enter into a hyperinflationary spiral within the next decade and revolution (either peaceful or otherwise)will follow.

Gold is useless...

It has no properties that will create a demand in a time of need.

If we collapse I'm on my feet - I don't want that heavy shit in my pockets - I'm looking for resources and gold isn't one of them, unless you got a gold cup. I'll take that until I can find something made out of aluminum.

Son - OPEC does not take aluminum cups in exchange for oil. :lol:

Fertilizer companies do not take aluminum cups in exchange for Potash, Nitrogen & Phosphate.

The 7 most crutial elements to keep the current size global population alive are:

1. - Clean Air
2. - Clean Water
3. - Potash
4. - Phosphate
5. - Nitrogen
6. - Oil
7. - Arable Land

All of those items can be purchased with Gold, but not with aluminum cups. The starving people of the world will not lay down & die in peace. Critical items will be traded for Gold or fought for with Blood.

Aluminum cups :lol:

Do you believe there will be an honest exchange of goods if there was a crisis?

Motherfuckers will just take your shit....

The only people who would care in a time of crisis is conservatives..

Progressives would use it as an excuse for "free shit" and they would raid department stores.

Yeah, I saw Katrina and its aftermath..

Gold saved those immoral barbaric souls no?

He who has the guns has the gold my friend. If you have no guns and a lot of gold, the guy with the gns will have it. Conversely if you have both and know how to use the guns, you'll most likely do fine. Just remember, no one is bullet proof.

Elitists that want gold jewelry and Manufacturers that need it as a conductor.

Both would cease to exist in a collapsed economy.

You can't store Crude Oil, Corn, Meat, etc for a long period. It is also a lot harder to carry 17,000-lbs of corn than 1-oz of Gold.

If you have Potash Fertilizer & you need to buy Fuel from OPEC. But OPEC has no Arable Land so they have no use for Potash Fertilizer so they will not trade you. If you trade Gold to OPEC for Fuel then OPEC trades the Gold for Meat. The Meat packer trades the Gold for the Cattle. The Cattle yard trades the Gold for Corn. The Corn farmer trades the Gold for Potash Fertilizer.

I can't believe there are so many people so oblivious to how economics work & how it keeps the entire global population alive & prevents them from killing each other.

You can't store Crude Oil, Corn, Meat, etc for a long period. It is also a lot harder to carry 17,000-lbs of corn than 1-oz of Gold.

If you have Potash Fertilizer & you need to buy Fuel from OPEC. But OPEC has no Arable Land so they have no use for Potash Fertilizer so they will not trade you. If you trade Gold to OPEC for Fuel then OPEC trades the Gold for Meat. The Meat packer trades the Gold for the Cattle. The Cattle yard trades the Gold for Corn. The Corn farmer trades the Gold for Potash Fertilizer.

I can't believe there are so many people so oblivious to how economics work & how it keeps the entire global population alive & prevents them from killing each other.

Who values the gold tho??

Why?

Who the fuck would want the shit in an economic collapse?

I need water, I need food , I don't need gold.

No one needs gold...........

Turning Lead into Gold

Before Chemistry was a science, there was Alchemy. One of the supreme quests of alchemy is to transmute lead into gold. Lead (atomic number 82) and gold (atomic number 79) are defined as elements by the number of protons they possess. Changing the element requires changing the atomic (proton) number. The number of protons cannot be altered by any chemical means. However, physics may be used to add or remove protons and thereby change one element into another. Because lead is stable, forcing it to release three protons requires a vast input of energy, such that the cost of transmuting it greatly surpasses the value of the resulting gold.

Transmutation of lead into gold isn't just theoretically possible - it has been achieved!

MORE: Turning Lead into Gold

Why?

Markets value Gold.

I don't care how much survival stuff you squirrel away you can't plan for everything & most stuff you need is perishable. Some day you will need a dentist, doctor, drugs, new batteries, generator, specialty parts or fuel. Do you have an oil well in your back yard? A drug company that trades pharmaceuticals for aluminum cups?

No you don't & you can't store a lifetime supply for you or your family. You must have something that will trade for anything you need.

Gold is the only Globally trusted currency. You can save it for future needs. You can't save your perishable commodities for the future or trade them as currency.

Last edited:
Turning Lead into Gold

Before Chemistry was a science, there was Alchemy. One of the supreme quests of alchemy is to transmute lead into gold. Lead (atomic number 82) and gold (atomic number 79) are defined as elements by the number of protons they possess. Changing the element requires changing the atomic (proton) number. The number of protons cannot be altered by any chemical means. However, physics may be used to add or remove protons and thereby change one element into another. Because lead is stable, forcing it to release three protons requires a vast input of energy, such that the cost of transmuting it greatly surpasses the value of the resulting gold.

Transmutation of lead into gold isn't just theoretically possible - it has been achieved!

MORE: Turning Lead into Gold

No...

You may as well state the laws of physics are a hoax...

Why?

Markets value Gold.

I don't care how much survival stuff you squirrel away you can't plan for everything & most stuff you need is perishable. Some day you will need a dentist, doctor, drugs, new batteries, generator, specialty parts or fuel. Do you have an oil well in your back yard? A drug company that trades pharmaceuticals for aluminum cups?

No you don't & you can't store a lifetime supply for you or your family. You must have something that will trade for anything you need.

Who wants gold?

If you offered me gold for clean water I'd laugh then make sure your kids got a drink.

Why?

Markets value Gold.

Who wants gold?

If you offered me gold for clean water I'd laugh then make sure your kids got a drink.

You are missing each other’s points here. In a complete and utter collapse, gold would lose all value. That is a given. In the time of grate turmoil, there would be only 4 real resources – food, water, tools and protection. Food would be the only really sought after commodity. However, the world would stabilize (after most of the people died of course) and gold would become the standard. Why, you ask nick? Simple, it is rare and easily verified. I can easily check to see if the coin you are handing me in genuine and gold is a rare element and it serves as a general means of trade in all items. Sure, gold itself has no application other than a means to trade but its inherent rarity makes it the perfect mettle for this. History shows this to be true. Gold has been used to trade for THOUSANDS of years. It will be used for a thousand more.

800px-Maslow%27s_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

When the shit really hits the fan, gold and Maslow's hierarchy of needs will both seem quite irrelevant - except the bottom two rungs on the Maslow's pyramid (physical & safety needs).

This shouldn't be a major setback for righties, since they have barely reached the third rung thus far in human history.

Markets value Gold.

Who wants gold?

You are missing each other’s points here. In a complete and utter collapse, gold would lose all value. That is a given. In the time of grate turmoil, there would be only 4 real resources – food, water, tools and protection. Food would be the only really sought after commodity. However, the world would stabilize (after most of the people died of course) and gold would become the standard. Why, you ask nick? Simple, it is rare and easily verified. I can easily check to see if the coin you are handing me in genuine and gold is a rare element and it serves as a general means of trade in all items. Sure, gold itself has no application other than a means to trade but its inherent rarity makes it the perfect mettle for this. History shows this to be true. Gold has been used to trade for THOUSANDS of years. It will be used for a thousand more.

There are plenty of "precious" metals (and stones) that are "rare" and gold is not one of them.

Why don't you buy diamonds dude?

Why gold and not diamonds?

Oh yeah, what the fuck is a person gong to do with a diamond?

800px-Maslow%27s_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

When the shit really hits the fan, gold and Maslow's hierarchy of needs will both seem quite irrelevant - except the bottom two rungs on the Maslow's pyramid (physical & safety needs).

This shouldn't be a major setback for righties, since they have barely reached the third rung thus far in human history.

080328104302-large.jpg

Who wants gold?

There are plenty of "precious" metals (and stones) that are "rare" and gold is not one of them.

Why don't you buy diamonds dude?

Why gold and not diamonds?

Oh yeah, what the fuck is a person gong to do with a diamond?

Where do you get refined diamonds? That process is not simple where refining gold is. Also, rareity is both a problem AND a solution for a monetary system. It cannot be too rare that no one has any yet it must be rare enough so that it retains value. Gold seems to fit that perfectly.

By the way, I am sure that diamonds as well as other precious metals would play a part. All would be in the mix as a tradable resource. Gold is just the most common and universally accepted. Your resistance to the concept is puzzling. Again, thousands of years of history would prove you quite incorrect. Gold was and will be a form of currency.

New Topics

Forum List

Back