Got change?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I just stuck my hand in my pocket and counted up all of my change. I had 72 cents in change in my pocket. Just curious. How much change do you have in your pocket right now? I wonder what the national average is for change in one's pocket?

Other things I found in my pocket was: My truck keys, a small pocket knife and a button that I have no idea where it came from.

What are you hauling around in your pocket? Inquiring minds want to know.

I just stuck my hand in my pocket and counted up all of my change. I had 72 cents in change in my pocket. Just curious. How much change do you have in your pocket right now? I wonder what the national average is for change in one's pocket?

Other things I found in my pocket was: My truck keys, a small pocket knife and a button that I have no idea where it came from.

A paper clip and $1.86, And a Vitamin K :eusa_eh: Oh and a milk jug ring. :eusa_angel: That is something my cats play with.

What do I have in my pockets?

I just checked.

Just the normal stuff: a Bic lighter; eighty-two cents in change; a handful of bills; some lint, and my Congressional Medal of Honor that I keep forgetting to toss into my sockdrawer for safekeeping

Last edited:
I got change, I got a pocket full.

But for some reason I can never spend it all.

If I ever do the gumballs are going to come raining down, my lord how they will rain down in color and sweet light.

I want gumballs to rain down on every last one of us, from the first to the last of us, from the last to first of us, from the one and the same thing of us, one and all of us.

Chew up.

Us, we, you and me.

Last edited:

I don't keep anything except my phone in my pocket; and that in my bra if I have no pocket. :D

My purse, on the other hand...

Wallet, lotion, perfume, lip balm, pens (yes, I need more than one), Tide pen, keys, money, energy shot, body spray, gum.. Let's just say if an emergency ever arose, I could live out of my purse, but not out of my pockets. :D

ETA: And hand sanitizer - never go anywhere without lots of hand sanitizer. There's germs everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

$4.32 and a cig. butt, (discarded now).

We all toss our change into a piggy bank and when (if) we go on vacation we have enough for a really nice dinner and then some.

CD ... you one of those types of guys who always has their hand in their pocket fiddling around with ...... loose change? I can hear it now.

What I'm wearing today doesn't have pockets.
But if I did have them .... what would I keep in them? Hmmmm? Probably nothing.

I carry my personal items in my purse.
Car keys, cell phone, sunglasses, packet of hand-wipes, Burts Bees lip balm, a pen and my wallet. Oh and my iPod and headphones.

Last edited:
We all toss our change into a piggy bank and when (if) we go on vacation we have enough for a really nice dinner and then some.

Same here. All spare silver change goes in a big Nestle Coffee Mate refill can, pennies in a smaller can. The Coffee Mate can is almost full. About a years worth of change. It'll be interesting to see how much is in there when I cash it in. Using it for spare money on this summers vacation.

The only thing in my pocket is my cell phone, and chip from a local bar good for a beer.

Last edited:
Much. We throw our spare change into giant pickle jars (one jar for each type of coin) - now working on the second one for quarters. I know it's silly - we'd be better off putting the money in the bank; but there is something viscerally satisfying seeing a 2.5 gallon jar filled with quarters, etc. The stash must total a few thousand dollars by now.

Someday we'll do something really fun and extravagant with it.

Much. We throw our spare change into giant pickle jars (one jar for each type of coin) - now working on the second one for quarters. I know it's silly - we'd be better off putting the money in the bank; but there is something viscerally satisfying seeing a 2.5 gallon jar filled with quarters, etc. The stash must total a few thousand dollars by now.

Someday we'll do something really fun and extravagant with it.

I keep the majority of my money and valuables in my house. Screw banks. They don't pay enough interest to make a difference anyway. I have a big, fire proof safe bolted to the concrete floor in my basement, and that's where I keep my money and goodies.

I don't keep anything except my phone in my pocket; and that in my bra if I have no pocket. :D

Wallet, lotion, perfume, lip balm, pens (yes, I need more than one), Tide pen, keys, money, energy shot, body spray, gum.. Let's just say if an emergency ever arose, I could live out of my purse, but not out of my pockets. :D

ETA: And hand sanitizer - never go anywhere without lots of hand sanitizer. There's germs everywhere.

Okay, fine, but I didn't dump my purse out on the couch and invite everyone into my problems.

Okay, fine, but I didn't dump my purse out on the couch and invite everyone into my problems.

LOL! I recognize the line, but can't remember what movie it's from.. :D

LOL! I recognize the line, but can't remember what movie it's from.. :D

It had something to do with breakfast, and a club.

Forum List

Back