Got any questions on rules

critter

Rookie
Sep 7, 2009
new hampshire
of baseball ask me, i did some close to this but not the same thing.

like if you confused on a rule that happens and not sure come here you get an answer :razz:

If a player reaches the base at the exact same time the baseman tags him, if he safe or out?

If a player reaches the base at the exact same time the baseman tags him, if he safe or out?

It's at the umpire's discretion. It always is. There's no rule on that regarding safe or out.

Define the origins of the dropped third strike rule

• Banned

This comes down to what the umpire sees. now he be out cause he did not beat the throw.

It's at the umpire's discretion. It always is. There's no rule on that regarding safe or out.

Its a judgment call, no umpire can change the call in else ask to do so by the umpire who made the call. for example on the play with youk step on bag and he was out. which if cb veiw was block he would go to home plate and ask if foot was on the bag before runner reach it.

this is the only time a umpire can change call depading on what he saw

not sure about that but this what i found

"One intent of this rule is to ensure that a defensive player fields the ball cleanly in order for that team to record an out. It was thought that it is not enough that the offensive player is unsuccessful in order for an out to be made; a defensive player must be successful as well.

Is there a max number of extra innings before a draw is declared?

umm usually no but mlb would call after so long and i think they go by hits or something like that.

in youth sports yea they have to stop and call at some point.

"One intent of this rule is to ensure that a defensive player fields the ball cleanly in order for that team to record an out. It was thought that it is not enough that the offensive player is unsuccessful in order for an out to be made; a defensive player must be successful as well.

Technically, which comes first ...the missed strike or the dropped ball

If he misses the ball he should be out at that point. Whether the catcher cleanly fields the ball or not shouldn't matter

• Banned

If he misses the ball he should be out at that point. Whether the catcher cleanly fields the ball or not shouldn't matter

yes it does. it simliar to catching a fly ball... your saying a fielder catches fly ball and drops it shouldn't matter? it does they count is a strike out but not an out. if we play by those rules... than everyone would be safe.

• Banned

"It goes back to the days when the catcher didn't sit behind the batter but instead stood 10ft or so back. At that time all third strikes the BR could try to advance. When they moved the catcher up close they changed it to any uncaught third strike no matter if first was occupied or not. The rule was changed when they realized catchers were purposely dropping third strikes to get a cheap double play. They changed it to less than two outs and first base isn't occuppied or any combination with two outs to be able to advance. The reason for the two out caveat is obviously there is no double play possibility."

Forum List

Back