Got a Lot of Pressure Washing to Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of paying $600/yr to get all the walkways, driveway walls, patio, stairs pressured washed. Noticed I could buy 1 and half pressure washers for that. So I'm shopping tomorrow locally.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at Generac and a Craftsman/Honda models. Since I'm totally pissed about the pile of small engine chain saws, pole saws, weed whackers in my garage that broke after 10 or 12 uses, I'm very gun shy about buying a "government mandated" power tool anymore. They just don't last. Which MAY have more to do with buying them from Home Depot or Lowes, then the actual govt restrictions that are make them hard to maintain.

Any body in love with a pressure washer brand or model?

Pressure Washers Top Sellers

(536)
Simpson MegaShot 3200 PSI (Gas-Cold Water)...
$399.00
$359.10

That's in the right class and price range. But I don't know Jack about Simpson and don't know if Simpson knows how to make small engines run for more than a dozen uses.. It's really sad how bad the reliability is of EVERY small engine I've bought in the 5 or 6 years.
Simpson features Honda engines. They're pretty reliable.
Isn't this the Vibrater Hillary uses Hossie ????????steve

Tired of paying $600/yr to get all the walkways, driveway walls, patio, stairs pressured washed. Noticed I could buy 1 and half pressure washers for that. So I'm shopping tomorrow locally.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at Generac and a Craftsman/Honda models. Since I'm totally pissed about the pile of small engine chain saws, pole saws, weed whackers in my garage that broke after 10 or 12 uses, I'm very gun shy about buying a "government mandated" power tool anymore. They just don't last. Which MAY have more to do with buying them from Home Depot or Lowes, then the actual govt restrictions that are make them hard to maintain.

KATCHER FROM GERMANY,if you can get them,hot or cold or steam adjustable pressure option(very useful) also sucks(not Cock) but wet and moisture...Brilliant...steve

Can't remember seeing them here in the US last time I looked. Maybe I just disregarded the name. But Hey -- it sounds great if I can find it. Must be distributed somewhere here if they sell it on your little island. :poke:

Pretty sure that's a typo...he's talking about the same brand I have...

Karcher Performance Series 3000 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer-1.107-280.0 - The Home Depot
You are so right Missourian,it is KARCHER,Janette,Nicolette has the paperwork filed under KATCHER,(I will speak to her.LOL that would be the day LOL) but I find them good products...I recently cleaned my roof the other week,hardened sea salt on one side and Lichen by the tree on the other side,Lichen is a bastard to get rid off but it worked great on both...I made sure when building I had Clay Roof Tiles(the cost is four timed the price) instead of painted cement roof tiles,which deteriate sic so quickly in our climate....steve(for Flac) from my big island,and small continent...LOL

Thanks for you post Miss Our Ian

/-----/ I have a gas powered snow blower from Sears. It's over 25 years old. I change the oil and plug every year and spray carb cleaner in the intake. I also run the gas tank dry before storage. I live in NY so it's used as much as a power washer is during the summer. It has never failed to start on the first pull each time. My electric power washer is from Home Depot and is 10 years old. Still works great and there is no maintainance. How do you maintain those gas engines?

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

That's in the right class and price range. But I don't know Jack about Simpson and don't know if Simpson knows how to make small engines run for more than a dozen uses.. It's really sad how bad the reliability is of EVERY small engine I've bought in the 5 or 6 years.
Same here. Ive managed to kill 5 push mowers in 3 years...

I took a mid-level chain from Home Depot back. Would not start out of the box. Guys at the counter were skeptical. It was 96 degs outside and watched this guy pull on it for 15 minutes before they would refund. So I bought a higher line Husquvarna which lasted about 10 uses. And last time I tried to turn it over, it made metallic clanking noises like a Nascar engine blow-out with a rod thru the crankcase..

You can tell I'm not happy right? :2up:

/-----/ I have a gas powered snow blower from Sears. It's over 25 years old. I change the oil and plug every year and spray carb cleaner in the intake. I also run the gas tank dry before storage. I live in NY so it's used as much as a power washer is during the summer. It has never failed to start on the first pull each time. My electric power washer is from Home Depot and is 10 years old. Still works great and there is no maintainance. How do you maintain those gas engines?

Don't ever try to replace it. You can't. Even if you have to buy parts from the Smithsonian...

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

I took a mid-level chain from Home Depot back. Would not start out of the box. Guys at the counter were skeptical. It was 96 degs outside and watched this guy pull on it for 15 minutes before they would refund. So I bought a higher line Husquvarna which lasted about 10 uses. And last time I tried to turn it over, it made metallic clanking noises like a Nascar engine blow-out with a rod thru the crankcase..

With the luck I’ve had with mowers; I’ve seriously contemplated buying a pair of goats...

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

With the luck I’ve had with mowers; I’ve seriously contemplated buying a pair of goats...

When I was is in Cali -- the county decided to give this goatsman a try on a canyon next to our house. The goats went in and they stripped the place bare. So the next rainy season, there was nothing to hold the hillside and it massively eroded.

If you like bare -- try the goats. But I do have several flocks of wild turkeys that cut out at least one round of fertilizer a year.

Don't ever try to replace it. You can't. Even if you have to buy parts from the Smithsonian...
/—-/ The Museum of Natural History has every part, reproduction and OEM.

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

/——/ My neighbor bought an electric chain from Harbor Freight, never read the instructions so he never filled it with oil. It lasted about 20 seconds. When he tried to return it as defective the clerk laughed at him.

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

Trouble is a lot of this equiptment is made in China,and it just not do the job,China in their economic evolution,are much like Japan were the years after WW2...manufactured shit...but look to day Worlds Best,China will be the same or even better.

As for Husquvarna,as a kid I remember riding a speedway bike,I'm sure it said "Made in Cechoslovakia",could I be right,I wonder??? steve

If it's a hot pressure washer just be careful because hoses break and hot scalding water getting in your shoes will cause problems. Seen it first hand.

(536)
$399.00
$359.10

Trouble is a lot of this equiptment is made in China,and it just not do the job,China in their economic evolution,are much like Japan were the years after WW2...manufactured shit...but look to day Worlds Best,China will be the same or even better.

As for Husquvarna,as a kid I remember riding a speedway bike,I'm sure it said "Made in Cechoslovakia",could I be right,I wonder??? steve

Might be thinking of Husky, because I know there were a lot of those bikes around. I thought Husquvarna was Scandanavian. Don't know..

If it's a hot pressure washer just be careful because hoses break and hot scalding water getting in your shoes will cause problems. Seen it first hand.

I've seen every episode of Tool Time. Managed to be in the hospital LESS than Tim Allen. :abgg2q.jpg:

But, life in suburbia is hard and the to-do lists are very long. And I don't half the toys the neighbors do. Need to catch up. They got multiple ATVs with carts and all that stuff.

Don't think I need heated water. If I'm doing it regularly. It's just a lot of brick driveway walls and concrete walkways/patios, garden stone walls, and very long aggregrate driveway. When the runoff from the hill behind us comes over the walls, they start to grow mold and moss. Couldn't use it on painting, because most of the wood trim is 25 feet up in the air. I aint doing that.

I've seen every episode of Tool Time. Managed to be in the hospital LESS than Tim Allen. :abgg2q.jpg:

But, life in suburbia is hard and the to-do lists are very long. And I don't half the toys the neighbors do. Need to catch up. They got multiple ATVs with carts and all that stuff.

Don't think I need heated water. If I'm doing it regularly. It's just a lot of brick driveway walls and concrete walkways/patios, garden stone walls, and very long aggregrate driveway. When the runoff from the hill behind us comes over the walls, they start to grow mold and moss. Couldn't use it on painting, because most of the wood trim is 25 feet up in the air. I aint doing that.
A guy I worked for was incapacitated for a month because the scalding water somehow got into his rubber boot. I was just saying.

A guy I worked for was incapacitated for a month because the scalding water somehow got into his rubber boot. I was just saying.
/----/ I was driving my 1965 MG when the hot water hose broke and sprayed my feet. I had to clutch and brake in heavy traffic at 60 mph.
iu

/----/ I was driving my 1965 MG when the hot water hose broke and sprayed my feet. I had to clutch and brake in heavy traffic at 60 mph.
iu
Now that was a car,I note the pic is from England,the only problem I had with mine(British Racing Green) was it was too compact when delving between the legs of my noctural delights,as it were...steve ps I should never have sold it,now a Classic,even with a few limitations LOL..

iu
Now that was a car,I note the pic is from England,the only problem I had with mine(British Racing Green) was it was too compact when delving between the legs of my noctural delights,as it were...steve ps I should never have sold it,now a Classic,even with a few limitations LOL..
/----/ My Puritanical Grandfather drove a 1955 Nash with fold down seats. He never figured out what they were for. I was supposed to inherit the car but my older brother got it instead. The cars were a favorite at the drive in movies.
iu

iu
/----/ My Puritanical Grandfather drove a 1955 Nash with fold down seats. He never figured out what they were for. I was supposed to inherit the car but my older brother got it instead. The cars were a favorite at the drive in movies.
iu
Well if your Grandfather was Puritanical,Cell that would not surprise me,but I bet your brother Pounded the seats like they were going out of fashion...Great pic by the way...are you restoring it??? it looks in very good condition,despite the ventilation where the doors were LOL steve

Tool time. lol.

What a thrilling thread.

Theliq caught my attention initially, wondering what genius contribution he might make to the topic.

I had a pressure washer once. Loved it. I used to clean my courtyard with it.

Tool time. lol.

What a thrilling thread.

Theliq caught my attention initially, wondering what genius contribution he might make to the topic.

I had a pressure washer once. Loved it. I used to clean my courtyard with it.
Shame you never used it to wash your filthy mouth out with it...,Ladies and Gentlemen...here before you is a Two Bit Zionist Stalker,I try to disassociate myself from such a person who thrives on incendury spiteful comments but they seem to think they are amusing...but it's all TIHS off a ducks back to me.

in Australia we would tell you to SSIP OFF but Flacc requests me always to be polite,OK Flacc,I will if you remove this Tawdry Individuals Post...She is merely on here to INCITE,this has been an interesting thread so far...Time Flacc to get your most high powered hose out and wash away filth like this Mindless Rubbish

stavros

I was only mentioning my pressure washer. It was a Karcher. I wish I still had it. It was brilliant. Also for cleaning dirty hubcaps.

Your nocturnal delights notwithstanding. :nono: Hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back