Got a legit complaint against a credit card co?

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
They are still trying to gouge consumers, especially on existing accounts, as people try like hell to pay them off. If you think you have been unfairly treated, regardless what their fine print mumbo jumbo says, file an official complaint. You WILL get results, trust me.

My own case simply involved a late fee of $39.00 assessed because the online payment was made on a Friday and didn't get posted until the following Monday. I have a great credit score, and had used that particular card for over 8 years, with no prior late payments. When the card company refused to waive the $39.00, I said that I would refuse to pay it and would only pay the minimum balance from then on. A standoff, and of course they continued to charge me a "penalty" of an additional $39.00 each month thereafter because the payment was not enough.

Less than a month ago, I filed an official complaint with the OCC, and yesterday when I went to pay the bill online, I realized the bank had not only credited my account with $195.00 for the compounded "fees," but they had given me an additional credit of $100.00 for whatever reason! (Of course no one from the card company called or emailed me that they intended to settle, following no less than 6 computer-generated collection calls PER DAY for five months.)

File a Complaint about a National Bank

Forum List

Back