Gospel, spirituals...

This is from the third release of my newest favorite singer when his musical residence was still in the Gospel field, I love my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys so much. The name of that album is simply Little Steve Sings Big.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. This was during the year of his 17th birthday, 1969 that is, while his voice was doing its changing I guess you could say. :) :) :)

This was one of my dad's favorites and I played it along with several others in this thread as he passed away. I felt kind of bad because I think I was more occupied with things like that than I was with just holding his hand and just "being there" with him.

This is from the third release of my newest favorite singer when his musical residence was still in the Gospel field, I love my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys so much. The name of that album is simply Little Steve Sings Big.

Thank you for contributing that. I saw the Oak Ridge Boys in concert about 10 years ago - Steve was gone by then. Hard to top that good old country gospel singing. :)

This was one of my dad's favorites and I played it along with several others in this thread as he passed away. I felt kind of bad because I think I was more occupied with things like that than I was with just holding his hand and just "being there" with him.

The loss of a parent leaves such an awful hole, doesn't it? You were there, you did what you were supposed to do at the time...
I lost my father this year - he died by his own hand, alone, no chance to say goodbye...as he was leaving this world I hope he heard such beautiful music. We laid him rest on the mountain he loved so...

Thank you for contributing that. I saw the Oak Ridge Boys in concert about 10 years ago - Steve was gone by then. Hard to top that good old country gospel singing. :)

The loss of a parent leaves such an awful hole, doesn't it? You were there, you did what you were supposed to do at the time...
I lost my father this year - he died by his own hand, alone, no chance to say goodbye...as he was leaving this world I hope he heard such beautiful music. We laid him rest on the mountain he loved so...

Another great song by Vince Gill. I'm sorry for your loss too.

I got to see them once when I was like eight or nine years old, but sadly the only thing that I can remember about the show is Joe saying that his favorite animal to visit were the cats because their show took place at the Cincinnati Zoo. I have absolutely no other recollection of the show and I hate it. :( :( :(

God bless you and Steve's family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back