Gore Vidal: ‘We’ll have a dictatorship soon in the US’

Barack Obama has something George Bush didn't have. The Liberal dominated MSM was incredibly hostile & critical of him from the first day he took office. So there were checks on him. His possible Dictatorship could not be solidified without controlling the Media therefore it never materialized. Barack Obama on the other hand,has a completely compliant and acquiescent Mainstream Media serving him. He not only controls all branches of our Government,he also controls the Media.This is how you solidify a Dictatorship. This President has no checks on him at this point. The MSM has been absolutely shameful with their embarrassing daily Boot-Licking. So Mr. Vidal,you are both right and wrong sir. You are right about a future Dictatorship here in America but you are also wrong because the future is now. We really do already have that Dictator. :(

Name 5 things Obama has done that can be classified as dictatorial.

Answer your own question and tell us, I have no idea how he felt but you seem to so how about telling us what your talking about.
YouTube - William Buckley Vs Gore Vidal

Gore Vidal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those Buckley-Vidal conflicts were EPIC.

Buckley is greatly missed...

Mostly missed, I'd say, by the few conservatives out there who now recoil in horror at the current state of conservatism,

not the least of which would be Palin-mania.

Let me spoon feed in cliff note form what Vidal actually said in the article, for the benefit of all the wingnuts here who are cheering him:

America should leave Afghanistan, he says. “We’ve failed in every other aspect of our effort of conquering the Middle East or whatever you want to call it.”

The “War on Terror” was “made up”, Vidal says. “The whole thing was PR, just like ‘weapons of mass destruction’.

We had a watchdog, the media.” The media is too supine? “Would that it was. They’re busy preparing us for an Iranian war.”

“But [Obama] believes the generals. Even Bush knew the way to win a general was to give him another star. Obama believes the Republican Party is a party when in fact it’s a mindset, like Hitler Youth, based on hatred — religious hatred, racial hatred. When you foreigners hear the word ‘conservative’ you think of kindly old men hunting foxes. They’re not, they’re fascists.”

Today religious mania has infected the political bloodstream and America has become corrosively isolationist, he says.

America has “no intellectual class” and is “rotting away at a funereal pace. We’ll have a military dictatorship fairly soon, on the basis that nobody else can hold everything together. Obama would have been better off focusing on educating the American people.

He's referring to a rightwing military fascist dictatorship, btw.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — President Obama took a victory lap Friday with Hispanic leaders, saying he moved to halt deportations of young illegal immigrants because he was tired of fighting a losing battle in Congress."

Tired of a Representative government?

Tired of the Will of the People?

Vote Obama 2012 because the USA only need one Dicktater atta time

'Si se puede': Obama basks in Hispanics' appreciation - Washington Times

The grand old man of letters Gore Vidal claims America is ‘rotting away’ — and don’t expect Barack Obama to save it......Gore Vidal: ‘We’ll have a dictatorship soon in the US’ - Times Online

Maybe its just me...

But don't we have to have a Constitutional Amendment before we can go to a dictatorship?

We can't pass healthcare....how are we going to pass dictatorship?
False flag/martial law. Just like The Great Satan does to any nation they feel needs "change".

The grand old man of letters Gore Vidal claims America is ‘rotting away’ — and don’t expect Barack Obama to save it......Gore Vidal: ‘We’ll have a dictatorship soon in the US’ - Times Online

Maybe its just me...

But don't we have to have a Constitutional Amendment before we can go to a dictatorship?

Gore is still alive? no? say it ain't so...:eek:

Maybe its just me...

Really? Did Congress have to be on board for Bush and Obama to create branches of the executive branch with unchecked legislative power? Open your eyes, we're making crazy progress in that direction -RIGHT NOW-, regardless of a widening partisan fissure and a "do nothing congress".

Let me spoon feed in cliff note form what Vidal actually said in the article, for the benefit of all the wingnuts here who are cheering him:

America should leave Afghanistan, he says. “We’ve failed in every other aspect of our effort of conquering the Middle East or whatever you want to call it.”

The “War on Terror” was “made up”, Vidal says. “The whole thing was PR, just like ‘weapons of mass destruction’.

We had a watchdog, the media.” The media is too supine? “Would that it was. They’re busy preparing us for an Iranian war.”

“But [Obama] believes the generals. Even Bush knew the way to win a general was to give him another star. Obama believes the Republican Party is a party when in fact it’s a mindset, like Hitler Youth, based on hatred — religious hatred, racial hatred. When you foreigners hear the word ‘conservative’ you think of kindly old men hunting foxes. They’re not, they’re fascists.”

Today religious mania has infected the political bloodstream and America has become corrosively isolationist, he says.

America has “no intellectual class” and is “rotting away at a funereal pace. We’ll have a military dictatorship fairly soon, on the basis that nobody else can hold everything together. Obama would have been better off focusing on educating the American people.

He's referring to a rightwing military fascist dictatorship, btw.

Right wing, left wing, when you're dealing with a dictatorship, these concepts hold little meaning. Ultimately, the sort of corruption you can typically associate with anyone given absolute power negates terms like liberal or conservative. The official political policy of the regime is only a matter of which end they fuck their subjects from.

That said, I do find Vidal mostly silly. I just happen to agree that we're drifting dangerously close to a dictatorship, though in my opinion the most likely route is via an all-powerful executive branch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back