Gore Turned Down Glenn Beck For Qatar

Its his he can sell it to who ever,he is also free to take some heat for it.For all the blubbering about out sourcing from the Left,you would think he would have sold to a US interest,but its the old do as I say not as I do so common with him.

Hey, it's the "free market", what's wrong or illegal about the sale? We have good relations with Qatar, so what's really the big deal? Beck has his own network, it's available on satellite tv.

Do we know what Beck's offer was? How do you know it was "free market"?... particularly when the information sited tells us that Beck was refused for ideological reasons.

Who cares what Beck's offer was? Selling one's interest in a business is not part of the "Free Market"? A person can sell or not sell their interest in a business to who ever they want, that in itself is being free. Do you think that a person who has a large stake in Foxnews should sell their interest to Soros because he made them a larger offer than the Kock brothers?

Yeah... he's free to sell to who he wants. And we're free to think he's crud because of it. Glenn Beck is a guy who believes that the U.S. Constitution means what it says. Compare that to Islamists who believe that apostates and homosexuals should be subject to the death penalty and women treated as chattel.

The official statement from Current is that it and Al Jazzera share the same goals. It was pointed out the Al Jazzera is closely tied with Al Quaeda so they took that part of the statement out.

Gore Turned Down Glenn Beck For Qatar​

By Alana Goodman
03 January 2013

Glen Beck was too "right wing" - So Gore sold to "an authoritarian-Islamist government that has criminalized homosexuality, discriminates against non-Muslims, prosecutes journalists, and has a “Not Free” rating from Freedom House."

Before Al-Jazeera, there was Glenn Beck.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Glenn Beck’s media company, The Blaze, approached Current Media about a sale last year, but was told in the words of one source that “the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view.”

In explaining the reasons for selling to Al-Jazeera, Current co-founder and CEO Joel Hyatt told the Journal that the Qatari-based broadcaster “was founded with the same goals we had for Current,” including “to give voice to those whose voices are not typically heard” and “to speak truth to power.”

Sure, Al Jazeera can “speak truth to power,” as long as the powerful are not in Qatar.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Gore Turned Down Glenn Beck for Qatar « Commentary Magazine

The hypocrisy of your piss drinking isn't even funny any more.

Here is Bush chumming with the Emir of Qatar.

bhxe1e.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, it's the "free market", what's wrong or illegal about the sale? We have good relations with Qatar, so what's really the big deal? Beck has his own network, it's available on satellite tv.

Do we know what Beck's offer was? How do you know it was "free market"?... particularly when the information sited tells us that Beck was refused for ideological reasons.

And how is that not still a free market? It's Gore's company, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Thats just like you liberal pukes... side with Al Jazeera.

Have you bought you a prayer rug yet? :doubt:

And how is that not still a free market? It's Gore's company, he can do whatever he wants with it.

I'm not a liberal, and I'm not siding with anyone. It's Gore's company, he can do whatever he wants with it. But it's just like you conservo-pukes to try to dictate to other people how they should live and act, just because you don't like it.

Al-Jazeera's western world presence has way more credibility than Fox, CNN, and MSNBC combined.

Where it's hosted doesn't fucking matter. It could be headquartered out of fucking Somalia and if the quality was still the same, it'd be fine.

Al-Jazeera has a history of trying to circumvent censorship... but I suppose right wingers love themselves some censorship.

Last edited:

I'm not a liberal, and I'm not siding with anyone. It's Gore's company, he can do whatever he wants with it. But it's just like you conservo-pukes to try to dictate to other people how they should live and act, just because you don't like it.

Yes you are.... your siding with Al Gore and his choice to sell to a group that would lop his, and your dome off in a heartbeat.

Yes, its capitalism.... but this is MY freedom of speech as well.

I think Al Gore is a pathetic fuck, and a traitor as well.

Its called capitalism and the free market. You know, the same thing that you RW loons scream about all the time. You are all predictable and very simple...

By Alana Goodman
03 January 2013

Glen Beck was too "right wing" - So Gore sold to "an authoritarian-Islamist government that has criminalized homosexuality, discriminates against non-Muslims, prosecutes journalists, and has a “Not Free” rating from Freedom House."

According to The Wall Street Journal, Glenn Beck’s media company, The Blaze, approached Current Media about a sale last year, but was told in the words of one source that “the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view.”

In explaining the reasons for selling to Al-Jazeera, Current co-founder and CEO Joel Hyatt told the Journal that the Qatari-based broadcaster “was founded with the same goals we had for Current,” including “to give voice to those whose voices are not typically heard” and “to speak truth to power.”

Sure, Al Jazeera can “speak truth to power,” as long as the powerful are not in Qatar.

(Excerpt)

Read more:

bhxe1e.jpg

And Bush is relevant how too this topic??

Nothing.

And of course if Gore were a republican this wouldn’t be an issue.

Sure it would. The left would be throwing screaming fits.

Who cares what Beck's offer was? Selling one's interest in a business is not part of the "Free Market"? A person can sell or not sell their interest in a business to who ever they want, that in itself is being free. Do you think that a person who has a large stake in Foxnews should sell their interest to Soros because he made them a larger offer than the Kock brothers?

Yeah... he's free to sell to who he wants. And we're free to think he's crud because of it. Glenn Beck is a guy who believes that the U.S. Constitution means what it says. Compare that to Islamists who believe that apostates and homosexuals should be subject to the death penalty and women treated as chattel.

I agree, that you are free to do that, this is why we are on these forums. Glenn Beck is a guy that makes a show of it and states that he believes in it. Is that what Turkish people believe in? How about Lebanese people? Have there been any homosexuals put to death in Qatar solely because they were homosexuals? Are women treated as chattel in Qatar?

Nothing.

And of course if Gore were a republican this wouldn’t be an issue.

Sure it would. The left would be throwing screaming fits.

And so would we... they just can not help but to scream "Boooooosh".

I agree, that you are free to do that, this is why we are on these forums. Glenn Beck is a guy that makes a show of it and states that he believes in it. Is that what Turkish people believe in? How about Lebanese people? Have there been any homosexuals put to death in Qatar solely because they were homosexuals? Are women treated as chattel in Qatar?

So now you are going to deflect and say that women and gays are cool with the Islamists?

Nice....

Yes you are.... your siding with Al Gore and his choice to sell to a group that would lop his, and your dome off in a heartbeat.

Yes, its capitalism.... but this is MY freedom of speech as well.

I think Al Gore is a pathetic fuck, and a traitor as well.

I think you suck dick for free at highway rest stops... but who cares?

By Alana Goodman
03 January 2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:

bhxe1e.jpg

And Bush is relevant how too this topic??

It points out the hypocrisy of the piss drinkers. This story about Gore turning down Beck for Qatar is whizzing around the right wing blogosphere.

I would bet hard money none of the piss drinkers were bemoaning Qatar as "an authoritarian-Islamist government that has criminalized homosexuality, discriminates against non-Muslims, prosecutes journalists, and has a “Not Free” rating from Freedom House" when Bush was chumming around with our ally.

The hypocrisy from these piss drinkers positively causes vapor lock with their sheer audacity. I am starting to believe they have the memories of goldfish, or they just don't care that they are hypocrites and liars.

Last edited:
They sold to Al Jazeera because they were founded on the same principles. Good to know who Al Gore and his progressive crew sees as their idealogical allies.

Good grief, man. These people are so whacked out they want to make it a crime for people to even criticize their stupid, tyrannical religion.
Qatar designs law banning criticism of Islam, plans to present it at UN - Jihad Watch

Forum List

Back