Gore today, "We are seeing rain bombs"

I have to buy a new roof every three years because of hail. And I cant have a garden anymore, it dries up and shrivels. Like my lawn. The rain that used to come every three days, it takes THREE WEEKS to get a mere tiny spittle. And when we get rain it's torrential flood. With hail the size of a quarter or larger. This is a new phenomena. Weather quirks? Weather is quirky alright.It doesn't explain this.
If you look back at the logs you'll find that you are simply wrong about the weather in the past.
No, actually MR Dreamy Anecdotal bubble head, you need to go back and look at the facts. I don't think I am delusional after 25+years of observation. I don't think so. I think YOU are either an dimwit or is just a troll with a big vocabulary. Or a Unakatre impersonator.
:rolleyes:

I see you still haven't checked the weather logs.

Oy

Ok Al.....whatever you say!!

Gore: Jet Stream 'Getting Loopier and Wavier,' So 'We Have a Global Emergency'

Of course, who couldnt guess post-Hurricane Michael this guy would crawl out of the woodwork!!:113::113::113:

Well....at least we can all agree you can set your watch to his public appearances. We heard the same shit from him after Katrina and didnt see a hurricane for 2 dog ages!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

AlFroze.jpg

First hand experience now is discounted. So, Skooter, you are scientist in the perfect position to question..."anecdotal" evidence. What science degree do you hold on weather? Other than mock , prove I am wrong. You must have a degree in sarcasm, that is so much better than being anecdotal, aint it?

Proving you are wrong is not that difficult. All one need do is look at the history of your area.

Here, from the Denver Post.

Hailstorms aren't more common in Colorado than before, but they are getting costlier as the state grows

Clip:
Despite the rash of storms that have hit the Front Range this summer, Colorado is not being pummeled by more hail than usual. And the size of hailstones that have fallen in the region is not unprecedented, according to weather experts.

In a state where the population has shot up by 1.3 million people since 2000, the hail is just dinging more cars, battering more rooftops and otherwise wreaking havoc that is taking a bigger and bigger bite out of more bank accounts. Like the hail, that trend isn’t likely to let up anytime soon.

“We’ve always been hail alley, but over the past three to five years we’ve really seen this volatile pattern of large hail hitting densely populated areas,” said Carole Walker, executive director of the Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association . “We have a booming population, more homes, larger homes, more cars out on the roadway. It’s unfortunately affecting insurance rates. What we pay out in claims is what people pay in premiums.”

So no....regardless of what your flawed memory tells you, you are not seeing more, or larger hail today than is normal for your state.

Do I also need to provide you with a long term (thousands of years) drought history of your region as well to show you that the drought you believe you are living through is neither unusual, nor unprecedented, and in fact, little more than a minor inconvenience in comparison to some of the droughts that have struck your region which lasted hundreds of years?

If you want facts, especially about something as ever changing as the weather, you probably shouldn't look to your own faulty memory.

[
No, actually MR Dreamy Anecdotal bubble head, you need to go back and look at the facts. I don't think I am delusional after 25+years of observation. I don't think so. I think YOU are either an dimwit or is just a troll with a big vocabulary. Or a Unakatre impersonator.

I just did...they are posted above. They state that your region is not receiving more, or bigger hail than it ever has. Your memory is flawed....possibly clouded by your political belief...or maybe just bad. In either case, the climate history of your area states pretty clearly that you are remembering things that didn't happen.

I have to buy a new roof every three years because of hail. And I cant have a garden anymore, it dries up and shrivels. Like my lawn. The rain that used to come every three days, it takes THREE WEEKS to get a mere tiny spittle. And when we get rain it's torrential flood. With hail the size of a quarter or larger. This is a new phenomena. Weather quirks? Weather is quirky alright.It doesn't explain this.
If you look back at the logs you'll find that you are simply wrong about the weather in the past.
:rolleyes:

I see you still haven't checked the weather logs.

And probably won't. I did it for her and I doubt that she will read that either. They do hate to have fact injected into their fantasy don't they?

First hand experience now is discounted. So, Skooter, you are scientist in the perfect position to question..."anecdotal" evidence. What science degree do you hold on weather? Other than mock , prove I am wrong. You must have a degree in sarcasm, that is so much better than being anecdotal, aint it?

Proving you are wrong is not that difficult. All one need do is look at the history of your area.

Here, from the Denver Post.

Hailstorms aren't more common in Colorado than before, but they are getting costlier as the state grows

Clip:
Despite the rash of storms that have hit the Front Range this summer, Colorado is not being pummeled by more hail than usual. And the size of hailstones that have fallen in the region is not unprecedented, according to weather experts.

In a state where the population has shot up by 1.3 million people since 2000, the hail is just dinging more cars, battering more rooftops and otherwise wreaking havoc that is taking a bigger and bigger bite out of more bank accounts. Like the hail, that trend isn’t likely to let up anytime soon.

“We’ve always been hail alley, but over the past three to five years we’ve really seen this volatile pattern of large hail hitting densely populated areas,” said Carole Walker, executive director of the Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association . “We have a booming population, more homes, larger homes, more cars out on the roadway. It’s unfortunately affecting insurance rates. What we pay out in claims is what people pay in premiums.”

So no....regardless of what your flawed memory tells you, you are not seeing more, or larger hail today than is normal for your state.

Do I also need to provide you with a long term (thousands of years) drought history of your region as well to show you that the drought you believe you are living through is neither unusual, nor unprecedented, and in fact, little more than a minor inconvenience in comparison to some of the droughts that have struck your region which lasted hundreds of years?

If you want facts, especially about something as ever changing as the weather, you probably shouldn't look to your own faulty memory.

These progressives have made fake news the new sport in this country.....they'll say anything, facts be damned. Have to say though.... we've seen all kinds of levels of k00k over the years in here but I never thought I'd see someone basing their input on experiences they've had on their front porch!:backpedal:

Well, cocksuck, why don't you ask some people in Texas, Florida, and the Carolina's about whether they think that 'rain bombs' are fake news.

Oy

Ok Al.....whatever you say!!

Gore: Jet Stream 'Getting Loopier and Wavier,' So 'We Have a Global Emergency'

Of course, who couldnt guess post-Hurricane Michael this guy would crawl out of the woodwork!!:113::113::113:

Well....at least we can all agree you can set your watch to his public appearances. We heard the same shit from him after Katrina and didnt see a hurricane for 2 dog ages!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

View attachment 223228
So, a dumb ass old fart like you considers that an argument. LOL

OH Look..

Ol Fraud doesn't have a damn clue about natural cycles... Tell me moron, how were all these canyons and flat lands made? Fucking moron this is NATURAL CYCLE and its has all happened before and will happen again..

AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU IDIOTS CAN DO TO STOP IT!

OH Look..

Ol Fraud doesn't have a damn clue about natural cycles... Tell me moron, how were all these canyons and flat lands made? Fucking moron this is NATURAL CYCLE and its has all happened before and will happen again..

AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU IDIOTS CAN DO TO STOP IT!

Billy.... it doesn't matter if he doesn't understand the concept of natural cycles. The alarmists will continue.... like they have for over 10 years in here..... to spike the ball on stupid stuff like floods drought, hurricanes. But to what end? The people who make public policy could not be any more disinterested. The more they spike the ball the harder I laugh!!:113:

And just have a look at the rest of the world.

Floods - The Watchers

Gore is correct.

You may think that daunting but 99% of the public has zero interest. That's a fact. You science guys never consider human behavior creating perceptions due to conditioning. Your perception is unique in this area.

You see Mexico Beach in ruins and become anxious and alarmed. But a huge % of the population see's black and white photos of hurricane damage from 100+ years ago and they settle on hurricanes being part of the human condition. Sorry but that's how it works. Most people think on the margin.....some cant but they are few in numbers.

If there are a few extra raindrops in a flood, folks settle on knowing floods have been and always will be part of the human experience......duh..... so it is marginalized in their minds as it should be. People see it as they are getting wet and will continue to get wet when it rains. They've driven through flooded roads and figure they will continue to do so for life. That will always be the extent of their concern..... as it should be.

99.9% of the public spends zero time on forums like this.... and could care less about any data related to what Gore is saying. I get it.... sucks for you but that's the way it is.

Forum List

Back