Gore: Record Snow and Cold must be Global Warming - WTF!

A Bear farts in the woods, must be Global Warming. Gore has become such a joke that anything bad that happens he blames on Global Warming! Record snow and cold (in which he predicted by this time our children wouldn't know what snow was) is because of Global Warming, :cuckoo:, did Gore get into his son's stash? WTF

If the planet is warming, why is a third of America locked in a deep freeze, with record-low temperatures as far south as the Mexican border, where the thermometer in Ciudad Juarez plummeted Wednesday night to a bone-chilling 9-below zero?

Self-proclaimed planetary climate czar Al Gore thinks he has answer.

Great General Answer (actually its not, it blows), but where's the beef!
FoxNews.com - Al Gore Explains 'Snowmageddon'
"As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now, and they say increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming," Gore write in a blog post.

Finally real scientist offer voices of reason!
But not surprisingly, some climate-change skeptics are a bit hot under the collar over Gore’s “scientific” explanation.

“Gore’s statement actually indicates a deeper problem -- lack of precise predictions,” said Dr. William M. Briggs, a statistician and climate scientist. His research shows that there are no increased weather problems because of global warming, Briggs told FoxNews.com.

“He’s saying that anything bad that happens must be because global warming caused it. Activists like Gore are great at identifying events after the fact as being caused by global warming, but terrible at predicting them beforehand,” Briggs said.

Meteorologist Art Horn agreed, noting the extensive history of devastating weather over the millennia -- none of which he connects with global warming.
“If one actually studies the history of weather over the last 2,000 years, you see massive storms, amazing heat, brutal cold waves, devastating droughts, terrible floods and disastrous hurricanes -- none caused by global warming,” he told FoxNews.com.

“Gore has no appreciation for large natural variability in weather,” Horn said.

Gore is only a joke to one political party in the entire world. The most ignorant political party in the entire world. They laugh at Gore, the entire world laughs at them. So it evens out.

So a scientist, who has a 94% chance of being a liberal, tells you al gore, a polotician, is fulla shit, you turn your back on everything you said to back the lying scum bag.

pathetic

not a shock

just pathetic

The only people who can't see what a fraud Al Gore is are the 6 people on Earth who are actually dumber than Al Gore.

I liked "global warming" a lot better when we just called it "polar shift" and nobody got rich off of it.

This global warming fear mongering is getting on my nerves.

Everydamn year these idiots predict that hurricans season is going to be the worst ever. pfft one of those years set a record for mild, and all have been normal.

Blazing hot summers for the last 10 years, well they finally got one and it proves them right, pfft a stopped clock is right more often.

All this snow? gimme a break, I've seen worse, so this being gw is utter bs.

No, actually scientists have been saying for decades that global warming would lead to more storms, including storms that happen when the temp is below 32... Yes this means snow.

Pretty much everything they've been saying will happen, is happening...
And the same things have been happening all throughout Earth's history.

So you've seen these record snowfalls and superstorms like those occuring along the East coast and up into the Northeast time after time this year, FEET of snow...

I don't think so.

And nobody is blaming everything on Global Warming, this extreme weather is wrong. I remember snow storms and even an occasional blizzard, a rare blissard but nothing like this.

Summertime heat? Same extreme weather.

SuperStorm?

Sounds like a b grade Syfy movie.

So you've seen these record snowfalls and superstorms like those occuring along the East coast and up into the Northeast time after time this year, FEET of snow...

I don't think so.

And nobody is blaming everything on Global Warming, this extreme weather is wrong. I remember snow storms and even an occasional blizzard, a rare blissard but nothing like this.

Uh, yeah. Where were you during the ice storm that ravaged the NE in the winter of 1994? Or the beginning of 1996 when Philadelphia got freakin' 30"+ of snow? I remember winters as a kid sledding down the street, tons of snow. In the 80's? Not so much, rare was the 'I can't get in to work because the roads are bad' excuse. The summers in the 1990's that were nothing short of sweltering . . .and I remember summers as a kid being the same. It's weather, it's mother nature. What it isn't is man-made.

I don't think so.

Uh, yeah. Where were you during the ice storm that ravaged the NE in the winter of 1994? Or the beginning of 1996 when Philadelphia got freakin' 30"+ of snow? I remember winters as a kid sledding down the street, tons of snow. In the 80's? Not so much, rare was the 'I can't get in to work because the roads are bad' excuse. The summers in the 1990's that were nothing short of sweltering . . .and I remember summers as a kid being the same. It's weather, it's mother nature. What it isn't is man-made.

And your proof of that is what? If you're going to make that claim, you have to come up with a satisfactory answer to what happens, if GHGs keep going up. They trap energy, so if you can't explain what happens to that energy, you're just talking without really saying anything.

15 years of no global warming doesn't mean no global warming.

This one is only a minute long . . . .

Eyeblast.tv
Same CON$ervative LIE, different thread.
Don't you CON$ ever get tired of LYING?????

If there was no global warming for that 15 year period, how could the warming trend for that same period be +.12 C??????????

I'll tell you how, the questioner was deliberately misrepresenting what Jones had said in her question, like a typical dishonest CON$ervative!!!!!

Why aren't you CON$ the least bit ashamed of your LYING??????

Severe weather patterns are evidence that the damage we are doing to earth is causing these storms, which are natures way of trying to equalize itself. environmental damage should be taken very seriously. The same people who do not believe in global warming, also think the earth formed 6,000 years ago. Despite physical evidence that this is preposterous. overwhelmingly so.

That would be true if not for one very sticky little fact....namely look at ANY year you wish to choose from 1900 to the 1600's and you find the exact same thing happening over, and over, and over again. This is not new, this is the media and unethical scientists not bothering to report the facts.

I don't think so.

And your proof of that is what? If you're going to make that claim, you have to come up with a satisfactory answer to what happens, if GHGs keep going up. They trap energy, so if you can't explain what happens to that energy, you're just talking without really saying anything.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If what is happening now has happened in the past you first must find out what caused it in the past. Until you can rule out all natural causes you may not resort to some other un natural cause. That's how science works, well at least that's how a precise science works. Climatology is a bunch of people waving their hands around relying on computer models that are so poor they can't recreate what occured a week ago with absolutely perfect inputs.

If you have a model that can't take a perfect data record and use that to recreate what we know happened you haven't got a damned thing but a waste of time and money.

Eyeblast.tv

If there was no global warming for that 15 year period, how could the warming trend for that same period be +.12 C??????????

I'll tell you how, the questioner was deliberately misrepresenting what Jones had said in her question, like a typical dishonest CON$ervative!!!!!

And yet the temps have been dropping enough that the last three years have seen record snow throughout the world. Northern and southern hemispheres have been equally pounded. According to the "experts" on your side none of this should have happened. According to their "theory" snow will disappear in winter

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Why winter no longer exists

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent

That's two out of dozens of reports where the "expets" claimed that snow in winter would dissappear. Now, of course, with the third hard winter in a row biting them in the ass they are altering their story. It's amazing how fast a dose of reality will alter decades worth of "consensus".

Eyeblast.tv

And yet the temps have been dropping enough that the last three years have seen record snow throughout the world. Northern and southern hemispheres have been equally pounded. According to the "experts" on your side none of this should have happened. According to their "theory" snow will disappear in winter

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Why winter no longer exists

That's two out of dozens of reports where the "expets" claimed that snow in winter would dissappear. Now, of course, with the third hard winter in a row biting them in the ass they are altering their story. It's amazing how fast a dose of reality will alter decades worth of "consensus".
Snow is a precipitation event and does not in any way indicate record cold!!!

Your own link contradicts you!!! :rofl:
You were stupid enough to read only the headline and not the actual article.

“The climate is behaving very strangely. No one predicted winter was finished but these plants’ behaviour shows it has ended.

“The climate is behaving very strangely. No one predicted winter was finished but these plants’ behaviour shows it has ended.

Fer shurrrre dude.:lol: The claim has been increased snow is a direct result of GW. The claim a mere 3 years ago was the opposite.

Last edited:
This global warming fear mongering is getting on my nerves.

Everydamn year these idiots predict that hurricans season is going to be the worst ever. pfft one of those years set a record for mild, and all have been normal.

Blazing hot summers for the last 10 years, well they finally got one and it proves them right, pfft a stopped clock is right more often.

All this snow? gimme a break, I've seen worse, so this being gw is utter bs.

2010 had 19 named storms, which is the third most storms in recorded history going back to 1851. 1887 had 19, 1933 had 21, 1969 18, 1995 had 19, 2005 28, 2010 had 18. Years of 1887 I believe had as many as 1933. So the activity has not went up...The 1960s where more active for Florida then the 2000s and the 50s just as active if not more for the east coast...More intensity too. Storms like Charley every few years in the 60s for Florida.
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1960/DONNA/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1961/CARLA/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1964/DORA/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1964/HILDA/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1964/ISBELL/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1965/BETSY/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1966/ALMA/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1967/BEULAH/track.gif
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/1969/CAMILLE/track.gif

It has to do with AMO....The cold phase was within the 1970-1980 time frame, but the warm phase from 1995-2010 has been active. A warm phase was around from 19450-1960s too. Cycles. The 1990s where east coast and 2000s gulf turn. 2000s Bob, Fran, Floyd, Irene, ect. 2000s lili, Ivan, Dennis, Katrina, Rita, Ike, Frances, Jeanne, ect.

the cod phase can produce storms too...Take a look at 1985 or 1979. I don't see any increase besides within the cycles. In we don't know enough about more then one warm phase. Dont say more power because the 1960s Id bet if we would of had what we have today would have more ace. The 1926 Miami, labar day hurricane of 1938 where huge. 1928 had a big cane into northern Miami. The 1926 storm would of cost a estimated 80-100 billion today,.

There is no effect on hurricanes so far.

Last edited:

Eyeblast.tv

The 1990s started out around .25 and raised to .4 and when you avg those years you get a avg that is less then a flat line that the 2000s where.

Not the real numbers, but as a way to show how this works.

1990s-.25,.23,.21,.31, 35,.31,.41, .60,.41 avg them out (thoses here)/10 years

then we find for the 2000s
.38, 37, .46, .54, .55, .62, .56, .54, .44, .55,

Now we avg those the same way and get a number, Of course these are not the numbers, but near them. So you get a higher number for the 2000s.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If what is happening now has happened in the past you first must find out what caused it in the past. Until you can rule out all natural causes you may not resort to some other un natural cause. That's how science works, well at least that's how a precise science works. Climatology is a bunch of people waving their hands around relying on computer models that are so poor they can't recreate what occured a week ago with absolutely perfect inputs.

If you have a model that can't take a perfect data record and use that to recreate what we know happened you haven't got a damned thing but a waste of time and money.

You have a funny notion of how science works. I can rule out natural causes and take data on GHGs at the same time. Where is it written that I must rule out ALL natural causes first and ignore a clearly evident unnnatural cause, the rise in GHGS? This is the same kind of reasoning we get from creationists, when they say to prove evolution we must find ALL intermediate forms. That's laying the bar at an impossibility, because you, like they, can keep coming back and say you haven't done it all.

Fer shurrrre dude.:lol: The claim has been increased snow is a dirrect result of GW. The claim a mere 3 years ago was the opposite.
You are dishonestly mixing apples and oranges.

The increased snow prediction was based on the fact that warmer air carries more water. Claims about declining snow were about the snow line moving and areas that usually get snow will see less as the snow line moves. The snow line is where the warm moist air hits the colder air. So there will be more snow along the snow line, but in different places that usual.

Fer shurrrre dude.:lol: The claim has been increased snow is a dirrect result of GW. The claim a mere 3 years ago was the opposite.
You are dishonestly mixing apples and oranges.

The increased snow prediction was based on the fact that warmer air carries more water. Claims about declining snow were about the snow line moving and areas that usually get snow will see less as the snow line moves. The snow line is where the warm moist air hits the colder air. So there will be more snow along the snow line, but in different places that usual.

I admit that maybe they are somewhat increased in number and occurring somewhat faster, but there maybe a cycle like the hurricane go with the amo. In which we dont have enough data to say one way or the other...

Epic Disasters: The World's Worst Disasters
The Worst US Winter Storms

The Worst US Winter Storms

The Great Blizzard of 1888 (the Great White Hurricane)
March 11 - 14, 1888
Eastern United States

Snowfall of 40 to 50 inches was recorded over New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut as sustained winds created drifts as much as 50 feet tall. Total deaths are thought to have exceeded 400. Most of the cities on the eastern seaboard were shut down for days, if not weeks.

The Storm of the Century
March 11 - 15, 1993
Eastern United States

This massive cyclonic storm had arms that at one point reached from Canada to Central America. More than 300 were killed.

Alabama and Georgia were hit by as much as six inches of snow. Areas further south received up to 16 inches of rain. Tornadoes and thunderstorms broke out all over the South.

In the northeast, record low temperatures were accompanied by large amounts of snow; some affected areas received as much as 3.5 feet, while drifts piled as high as 35 feet. Storm surges as high as twelve feet were recorded.

The Great Appalachian Storm of 1950
Eastern United States
November 24 - 30, 1950

Heavy winds, rain and blizzard conditions followed an extratropical cyclone as it moved through the Eastern United States. Deaths totaled 353, and US insurance companies ended up paying more for damages than for any previous storm. Record cold was recorded in Florida (24 degrees F), Georgia (3 degrees F), Kentucky (-2 degrees F) among others.

The Great Lakes Storm of 1913 (The Big Blow)
Nov 7 - 10, 1913
Midwestern US and Ontario Canada

Also known as the Freshwater Fury and the White Hurricane, the Big Blow may have been the worst US winter storm on record. It killed more than 250, primarily from ships that were sink. Five of the twelve ships downed by the storm were never found.

Caused by the convergence of two storm fronts over the Great Lakes’ relatively warm waters, the storm generated 60-90 mph winds that lasted as long as 16 hours. Wind driven waves rose to 35 feet and whiteouts covered the region. The cyclonic system, with its counterclockwise winds, was, in fact, a hurricane.

The storm was of the same type—a November gale—that famously sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in 1975.

The Schoolhouse Blizzard (aka The Schoolchildren’s or Children’s Blizzard)
January 12, 1888
Great Plains States

This blizzard gets its name from the many schoolchildren who died when trapped in one room school houses. More than 230 are said to have died.

The tragedy of this storm was created by its suddenness, and by the warm conditions that immediately preceded it. Lulled into complacency by a balmy day, people ventured from their houses to do chores and head to town. Many were improperly dressed. Then, an arctic front crashed into moisture laden air from the Gulf of Mexico, bringing sudden drops of temperature to as low as -40 F, as well as large amounts of snow.

This was the first of two major blizzards in 1888.

Armistice Day Blizzard
Midwestern United States
November 11 - 12, 1940

The Armistice Day Blizzard was an early storm that encompassed Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. Snowfall of up to 27 inches were combined with winds of 80 miles per hour, snow drifts of twenty feet and a fifty degree drop in temperature. The Blizzard surprised many hunters who were out for the beginning of duck season and had not prepared for such a storm. In Minnesota, twenty five hunters are said to have died. In all, 154 died in the storm, including 66 sailors on Lake Michigan.

The Knickerbocker Storm
January 27 - 28, 1922
Upper South and Mid Atlantic States

This storm was named for the collapse of the Knickerbocker Theater in Washington, D.C., which killed 98 and injured 133. A storm cyclone which dropped as much as three feet of snow in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania, the Knickerbocker affected 22,400 square miles of northeastern United States.

7. The Blizzards of 2010
February 5-6; February 9-10, 2010
Mid Atlantic States, Northeast

Affecting the entire eastern seaboard, these storms dumped as much as 40 inches each on the eastern United States.

Blizzard of 1999
Midwestern United States
January 2 - 4, 1999

With 22 inches of snow in Chicago, the Blizzard of 1999 was rated at the time by the National Weather Service as the second worse to hit the Midwest in the 20th Century. Temperature as low as -20 degrees fahrenheit were recorded. Storm related deaths totaled 73 persons.

The Great Blizzard of 1899
February 11 - 14, 1899
Continental United States

From Georgia to Maine, temperatures dropped to record temperatures. Tallahassee reached -2 F; Minden, Louisiana, -16 F; Camp Logan, Montana, -61F; Washignton, D.C., -15 F. Snowfall began in Florida and moved rapidly north. Washington, D.C. recorded 20 inches in a single day; New Jersey, 34 inches—still a record.

The Great Storm of 1975
January 9 - 12, 1975
Central and Southeast US

This storm system resulted in snow in the midwest and 45 tornadoes in the southeast, together killing a total of 70 people. It began in the Pacific, crossed the Rockies, and then collided with an arctic air front and tropical moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. It produced record low barometric pressures in the midwestern United States.

Strangely, while the storm produced huge amounts of snow in the upper midwest, it also produced record high temperatures. More than a foot of snow fell from Nebraska to Minnesota, while sustained winds of 30 - 50 mph produced 20 foot snowdrifts. Meanwhile, in Chicago, Indianapols and Indiana, record high temperatures were set.
Posted by The Editor on 02/06 at 03:24 PM
http://www.epicdisasters.com/index.php/site/comments/the_worst_us_winter_storms/

Ten worst snowstorms in Chicago history (updated)
Share |

Chicago's 10 11 biggest snowstorms:

1. 23.0 inches Jan 26-27, 1967
2. 21.6 inches Jan 1-3, 1999
3. 20.2. inches Feb 1-2 2011
4. 19.2 inches Mar 25-26, 1930
5. 18.8 inches Jan 13-14, 1979
6. 16.2 inches Mar 7-8, 1931
7. 15.0 inches Dec 17-20, 1929
8. 14.9 inches Jan 30, 1939
9. 14.9 inches Jan 6-7, 1918
10. 14.3 inches Mar 25-26, 1970
11. 14.0 inches Jan 18-20, 1886

Take that 19th century! You have fallen out of the top 10. Source -- National Weather Service

Change of Subject: Ten worst snowstorms in Chicago history (updated)

NYC Hazards: NYC Winter Storm History

# February 1 to 8, 1989
Arctic air pushed southward across Oregon between the 1st and the 3rd of the month. Heavy snow fell over all of Oregon. Some coastal areas had 6 to 12 inches of snow, an event of which is almost unheard. Salem reported 9 inches of snow and over a foot settled over the state. Numerous record temperatures were set. Strong winds produced wind chill temperatures of between 30 and 60 degrees F below zero. There were extensive power failures as well as considerable home and business damage resulting from frozen plumbing throughout the state. Damage estimates exceeded well over a million dollars. Several moored boats sank on the Columbia River because of ice accumulation. There were five weather-related deaths, three in auto accidents caused by ice and snow, and two in which women had frozen to death.

# January 25 to 31, 1969 [historical photo in Willamette Valley]
For many areas, this storm was the most extreme on record. Snowfall over the state was much above normal, mostly in part due to a very cold January. Between the 25th and 30th, snowfall records throughout Lane, Douglas, and Coos counties, were surpassed by incredible numbers. Snowfalls of 2 to 3 feet fell on the valley floors, with much heavier amounts in the higher terrain. At Eugene, a snowdepth of 34 inches was recorded on the 30th, and the total January snowfall was 47 inches, nearly 7 times the normal monthly snowfall! Roseburg reported a snowdepth of 27 inches and a monthly snowfall of 35.2 inches. Along the coast, where the average snowfall is generally less than two inches, January snowfall totals ranged from 2 to 3 feet, with snowdepths of 10 to 20 inches reported. Hundreds of farm buildings and several large industrial buildings collapsed under the weight of the heavy wet snow. Losses in livestock were heavy. Many entire communities were completely isolated for nearly a week. At times, traffic on nearly every major highway west of the Cascades and some in central Oregon were halted at a number of locations. Total losses from this snowstorm in Oregon were estimated between $3,000,000 and $4,000,000.

# January 9 to 18, 1950
January 1950 was a very cold month statewide, with freqent snowstorms. For the state as a whole, snow was the heaviest during this January than ever before since the beginning of weather record keeping, which began in 1890. For some areas, the heaviest one-day snowfall was reported during the first few days of the month, while for others the heaviest one-day snowfall occurred during the last few days. For most locations, the heaviest occurred during the period of January 9 through the 18th. Actually, there were three storms, but very little time separated them. Their net effect was a nearly continuous storm. On the 13th, snow was accompanied by high winds, creating widespread blowing and drifting of snow. Deep snow drifts closed all highways west of the Cascades and through the Columbia River Gorge. A very severe sleet storm began around noon on the 18th.

Within hours sleet piled up to depths of 4 to 5 inches in northwestern Oregon. During the night of the 18th, the sleet turned to freezing rain, and created much havoc on highways, trees, and power lines. Hundreds of motorists were stranded in the Columbia River Gorge. The stranded motorists had to be rescued by train, though even all rail traffic had considerable difficulty and many delays in getting through the Gorge. Freezing rain downed many trees and p

# January 31 to February 4, 1937
While this storm was quite general over the state, the heavy snowfalls were largely confined to the western slopes of the Cascades and the Willamette Valley. Heaviest snow fell on the afternoon and evening of January 31 and into the morning of February 1. Deep snow drifts blocked major highways and most minor roads in northern Oregon and the Cascades mountains passes for several days. Following are some snowfall amounts from the storm:

December 9 to 11, 1919
This snowstorm was one of the third heaviest snowfall-producing storms to hit Oregon on record. It was a particularly cold December with the lowest statewide average temperature since record keeping began in 1890. The Columbia River froze over, closing the river to navigation from the confluence with the Willamette River upstream. The snowstorm affected nearly every part of the state, with heavy snow falling over a widespread area. The heaviest snow fell on the 10th. Here are some of the many snowfall reports:
National Weather Service - NWS Portland

Last edited:

Forum List

Back