GOP's amnesty suicide

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"Republicans are on the verge of committing suicide. In the wake of President Obama’s re-election, many conservatives are demanding the GOP embrace amnesty for illegal aliens. The official term is “comprehensive immigration reform.”

Sean Hannity has now “evolved” on the issue. Others, such as Dick Morris and Charles
Krauthammer, are ringing the alarm bells: Get in front on amnesty before the GOP is swamped by the surging Latino vote. House Speaker John A. Boehner said last week that comprehensive immigration reform is “long overdue.” Translation: Beltway Republicans are ready to wave the white flag of surrender."

KUHNER: GOP's amnesty suicide - Washington Times

Help stop ANOTHER Amnesty.

HERE'S HOW: http://www.numbersusa.com

Numbersusa lobbies in Washington against illegal immigration and they will show you what YOU can do help. Be sure to sign up for their e-mails letting you know when something is being done in Washington dealing with illegal immigration and how you can help! Support Numbersusa!

Nobody is proposing amnesty, they're proposing overhauling immigration laws to give more people legal status and eventually citizenship for some if they meet the requirements. What else are we supposed to do with them?

Our government's broken immigration system is why we have so many illegals.

Before the recession, we had full employment with the same number of illegals we have now.

This means not only that immigrants don't steal jobs, it also means that we have a huge immigrant labor demand.

Our quota system does not provide a large enough legal immigrant supply, and so an illegal supply is created to meet the demand.

If a farmer needs 50 lettuce pickers and only 20 legal immigrants are available, he is going to hire 30 illegals to bring the crop in.

This situation is writ large across our entire economy.

This crap about not wanting to give illegals an avenue toward legal status is treating the symptom instead of the disease.

Nobody is proposing amnesty, they're proposing overhauling immigration laws to give more people legal status and eventually citizenship for some if they meet the requirements. What else are we supposed to do with them?

Can you say, enforce the freaking LAW? FOR A CHANGE.

Here is what will happen:

GOP will propose all these immigration reforms and try to appeal to immigrants.

Obama and the Dems will simply agree, say "That was our idea from years ago" and claim they "broke" the GOP.

And the people will buy that argument.

The time for enforcing the law was before 1986 when President Reagan gave 3 million of them REAL amnesty. Since every administration since then didn't give a shit about the problem and clearly the American people didn't either since they didn't demand it get taken care of, enforcing the law, FOR A CHANGE, isn't going to cut it now. The problem is out of control. On the low end there are approximately 12 million illegals here. Even if you manage to deport one million of them every year, which is logistically impossible, it would take you 12 years to remove them all and that's assuming the floodgates have been closed and no more are coming over in the meantime.

Yes, enforcing the laws 30 years ago would have been great, but unfortunately we're now stuck with having to deal with what is, not what should have been. You can sit there behind your keyboard and whine about enforcing the law until the cows come home, but all you're doing is burying your head in the sand in hopes that your mere words magically cure the illness. Not gonna happen.

Of course it's amnesty! That's a ridiculous statement.

The laws don't need to be "overhauled". The laws need to be enforced!

What else are we supposed to do with them?

Attrition Through Enforcement Is the True Middle-ground Solution

The open borders crowd constantly tell the American people that there are only two solutions to our nation's illegal alien crisis – give illegal aliens amnesty or round them up and deport them. This is a diversionary tactic to draw public attention away from the most effective and efficient solution – Attrition Through Enforcement.

The principle behind Attrition Through Enforcement is that living illegally in the United States will become more difficult and less satisfying over time when the government – at ALL LEVELS – enforces all of the laws already on the books. It is also imperative that the government with the full cooperation of the private sector, implements certain workplace enforcement measures. The goal is to make it extremely difficult for unauthorized persons to live and work in the United States. There is no need for taxpayers to watch the government spend billions of their dollars to round up and deport illegal aliens; they will buy their own bus or plane tickets back home if they can no longer earn a living here.

Franso you're just anti-white. You bastards can't stand that whites have brought more freedom and advancement of humanity then any other.

Do you really think the advancement of human freedom will advance anymore when we're gone?

It's almost funny how we're supposed to accept a people that can't advance their own nations. Let's be honest these people are coming here seeking a better life??? Well, how about fighting for a better life in your land and electing people that will give that to you.

Why fuck with us?

O'yess, That makes me a racist!

The time for enforcing the law was before 1986 when President Reagan gave 3 million of them REAL amnesty. Since every administration since then didn't give a shit about the problem and clearly the American people didn't either since they didn't demand it get taken care of, enforcing the law, FOR A CHANGE, isn't going to cut it now. The problem is out of control. On the low end there are approximately 12 million illegals here. Even if you manage to deport one million of them every year, which is logistically impossible, it would take you 12 years to remove them all and that's assuming the floodgates have been closed and no more are coming over in the meantime.

Yes, enforcing the laws 30 years ago would have been great, but unfortunately we're now stuck with having to deal with what is, not what should have been. You can sit there behind your keyboard and whine about enforcing the law until the cows come home, but all you're doing is burying your head in the sand in hopes that your mere words magically cure the illness. Not gonna happen.

Bull shit, if they would do what is required most would self deport is less than a year. You simply tell them the have 180 days to leave the country. If they fail to do so you confiscate everything they have, as fruits of an on going cirminal enterprise, and send them home with the shirts on their backs. Don't geve me any of this liberal crap about seperating faimiliis either, they can take them, we seperate criminals from their families every day when the go to jail.

We tell employeers if they are caught hiring a criminal alien they will spend 6 months in jail and 5,000 fine for each offense. When the money dries up they will leave.

You want to reward criminals, I say never, it's like negotiating with terriorist, there's no percentage in it. Reagan screwed up because he trusted the commiecrats to provide the enforcement they promised for amensty and they never did and they never will. So why should we repeat the same mistake?

Thant being said we do need to address the legal immigrations system and do some tweeking there.

All these people who want to deport 12 to 20 million illegals just aren't thinking straight. I don't care how badly some people may want to do it, it's just not going to happen. If it actually did, it would tear a huge hole in the economy that we might not recover from. On the other hand, just doling out amnesty to every illegal is not the answer either. One thing we don't take into consideration is that so many of these illegals don't pay taxes. Make them legal, and they will most likely add to the tax base, which would be a good thing not only at the federal level but also at the state level.

All these people who want to deport 12 to 20 million illegals just aren't thinking straight. I don't care how badly some people may want to do it, it's just not going to happen. If it actually did, it would tear a huge hole in the economy that we might not recover from. On the other hand, just doling out amnesty to every illegal is not the answer either. One thing we don't take into consideration is that so many of these illegals don't pay taxes. Make them legal, and they will most likely add to the tax base, which would be a good thing not only at the federal level but also at the state level.

We've got 23 million Americans out of work and they are already legal, what kind of a hole does that put in the economy? Don't give me the crap that illegals are doing work Americans won't do either. When the unemployment runs out, people will do what ever is available. I know, I've done those jobs early in my life.

We've got 23 million Americans out of work and they are already legal, what kind of a hole does that put in the economy? Don't give me the crap that illegals are doing work Americans won't do either. When the unemployment runs out, people will do what ever is available. I know, I've done those jobs early in my life.

So you are telling us the pie is limited? I thought the way to create jobs and increase pay for everyone is to increase the size of the pie. Now you are telling us this is not the case? Basically what you are saying is that we need to remove 23 million illegals to make room for all the unemployed. What you fail to account for is the loss in spending from all those illegals which will put an even bigger hole in the economy.

On a small scale, this happened in a small town in Georgia where a local company was employing a lot of illegals. 25% of the people living in this town were illegal. The government came in and deported a lot of the illegals. The rest of them fled to avoid deportation. Overnight, 25% of the town's population disappeared, and with it all of their spending. Shortly after, one business after another went belly up.

Immigration raid cripples Ga. town | Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy

So you are telling us the pie is limited? I thought the way to create jobs and increase pay for everyone is to increase the size of the pie. Now you are telling us this is not the case? Basically what you are saying is that we need to remove 23 million illegals to make room for all the unemployed. What you fail to account for is the loss in spending from all those illegals which will put an even bigger hole in the economy.

On a small scale, this happened in a small town in Georgia where a local company was employing a lot of illegals. 25% of the people living in this town were illegal. The government came in and deported a lot of the illegals. The rest of them fled to avoid deportation. Overnight, 25% of the town's population disappeared, and with it all of their spending. Shortly after, one business after another went belly up.

Immigration raid cripples Ga. town | Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy

Check your facts, stats say poorly educated illegals cost about $20,000 pre year in benefits more than they contribute. We've got illegals getting as much as $3,600 a year in child tax credits that come streight from other tax payers, then add wic, welfare, subsidised housing and other things for their anchor babies. A business depending on criminal activity deserves to go out of business. If a business really needs foreign workers, there are legal ways of bringing them in.

My wife and I work with a local charity that provides assistance to the poor people in our area, you wouldn't believe the illegals that come in and then try to get more than they are entitled to.

Keep in mind that if we legalize these folks, they will be entitled to sponsor other family members to come here, the problem will never go away. The aprox 20 million we have now could become 120 million in a few years, how do you think we will support them?

Forum List

Back