GOPers Lack Critical Thinking Skills - here's why

This thread is typical of liberals. Always making claims of the inferiority of anyone who thinks differently than they do.

Republican's 2012 party platform: "We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills". Yikes! -- No wonder Republicans have difficulty figuring stuff out.

The Republican Party of Texas has issued their 2012 political platform and has come out and blatantly opposed critical thinking in public schools throughout the state. If you wonder what took them so long to actually state that publicly, it is really a matter of timing. With irrationality now the norm and an election hovering over the 2012 horizon, the timing of the Republican GOP announcement against "critical thinking" instruction couldn't be better. It helps gin up their anti-intellectual base.

✄snip>

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

By Valerie Strauss

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

✄snip>

Nah just indoctrination by Statists, run by Teachers Unions and thier money laundering schemes to keep Statists in power to teach young folks to become good workers and never question Gubmint and NOT become stellar individuals where you get a trophy for really thinking especially outside the box.

*FAIL* :eusa_hand:

I see a pantload of projection here by the OP and the article.

Nah just indoctrination by Statists, run by Teachers Unions and thier money laundering schemes to keep Statists in power to teach young folks to become good workers and never question Gubmint and NOT become stellar individuals where you get a trophy for really thinking especially outside the box.

How dare you teach your kids what you want them to believe ????

It might interfere with what we want them to believe.

Like...Obama is (soon to be was) a good POTUS.

Republican's 2012 party platform: "We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills". Yikes! -- No wonder Republicans have difficulty figuring stuff out.

The Republican Party of Texas has issued their 2012 political platform and has come out and blatantly opposed critical thinking in public schools throughout the state. If you wonder what took them so long to actually state that publicly, it is really a matter of timing. With irrationality now the norm and an election hovering over the 2012 horizon, the timing of the Republican GOP announcement against "critical thinking" instruction couldn't be better. It helps gin up their anti-intellectual base.

✄snip>

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

By Valerie Strauss

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

✄snip>

As a state that should be their right (to teach their kids what they want).

What is the issue ?

You don't like what they want to teach ?

Don't move to Texas.

I guess kids need schools to teach them this too. After all, under liberal policy rule, the kids really don't have much in the way of active parents anymore.
If you want Texas to be the paradigm of poor education, and that's OK because it's their right to make their kids moronic, shouldn't it be New York City's right to police sugary drinks?

How do you ignore information provided and still have an opinion on it....You go personal

Your thread title is wrong. Nice try at lumping everyone together though.

I find it more than a tad ironic that anyone can claim 'critical thought' and then link to a an article without actually using said 'critical thought'. Funny shit.

If the OP would learn to think for him/herself, then (s)he might stand a chance of developing the skill of critical thought. Until then, it's just another epic fail.

I can't comment on the thinking skills of every single Republican, but I do know that you haven't shown a whole lot of critical thinking on your part since you've been a member of this forum. This thread is a perfect example.

Hence, the OP has not used the skill of 'critical thought' that he appears to value so highly. More than a tad ironic.

Now you dont have to know shit about the topic at hand. Use the politics of personal destruction to ignore those inconvenient facts. Your results may vary, having the mind of a school yard bully may increase your effectivness when using PPD.

This thread is typical of liberals. Always making claims of the inferiority of anyone who thinks differently than they do.

Borg_aboard_Enterprise_(NX-01).jpg

We Liberals are Critical thinkers often arriving at the exact same conclusion at the exact same time

We Liberals are Critical thinkers often arriving at the exact same conclusion at the exact same time

Guys? If we all arrive at the same thought at the same time doesn't that sound more like collectivist, hivemind type thinking?

get_to_work_JEAN.jpg

So?

Parents should be raising their kids the way they want them to be. I don't want teachers putting crap in my kids heads that i don't believe..
And "Behavior modification"??? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

Texas is sounding like about the smartest state around...everyone should move there!

The problem with that is that you're going to create a really, really, really stupid fucking kid if you don't let them learn things you don't "believe." This right here encapsulates WHY regular Fox News viewers are markedly dumber than others. "Believing" and "knowing" are two different things, you fucking rube.

How dare you teach your kids what you want them to believe ????

It might interfere with what we want them to believe.

Like...Obama is (soon to be was) a good POTUS.

How DARE you allow your kid to be educated and learn things on their own? They might challenge your bullshit one day!

I'm for critical thinking, but liberals cant teach it. This is just propoganda. If you support every gay policy, but then say 2 hetero parents are better than 2 gay parents, liberals call you a gay basher, ao noway these nutjobs even know what critical thinking is

I'm for critical thinking, but liberals cant teach it. This is just propoganda. If you support every gay policy, but then say 2 hetero parents are better than 2 gay parents, liberals call you a gay basher, ao noway these nutjobs even know what critical thinking is

I won't call you a gay basher. I'll call you an ignorant fool with probable homophobic tendencies who never spent five minutes with a gay couple and their kids. That's what I'll call you.

Didn't the great conservative leaders think critically? How is this a liberal? If don't want to be thought dumb, quit acting like thinking is a bad thing.

Maybe the OP can tell us what Obama really meant about "not building that yourself"?

This actually made me LOL. Its the perfect example of being unable to THINK CRITICALLY.

1) Its so far off topic, it makes no sense.
2) Mittens took a phrase out of context in order to LIE about what President Obama actually said.
3) Mittens' speechwriters knew they could get away with this LIE because the damn rw's are so utterly incapable of CRITICAL THINKING!!

I usually just skip over your posts because they never actually SAY anything but I'm glad I read this one. Thanks for the laugh.

Guys? If we all arrive at the same thought at the same time doesn't that sound more like collectivist, hivemind type thinking?

get_to_work_JEAN.jpg

Obama of Borg.

Maybe the OP can tell us what Obama really meant about "not building that yourself"?

This actually made me LOL. Its the perfect example of being unable to THINK CRITICALLY.

2) Mittens took a phrase out of context in order to LIE about what President Obama actually said.
3) Mittens' speechwriters knew they could get away with this LIE because the damn rw's are so utterly incapable of CRITICAL THINKING!!

I usually just skip over your posts because they never actually SAY anything but I'm glad I read this one. Thanks for the laugh.

:clap2: I love irony! :lol:

Yes, we know the moron hating racist shitbag terrorists like the conz on this board will believe the lie after lie after lie after lie, but will the indys?

Since it is now illegal to vote while registered democrat in almost 20 states, it can be an uphill battle, if that voter suppression were to happen in a foreign country, we would invade

this is why I have no problem calling these shitbaggers terrorists

wait, let them tell you them-self

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yw060QwkUE]Wally Herger Town Hall Remarks Redding - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, we know the moron hating racist shitbag terrorists like the conz on this board will believe the lie after lie after lie after lie, but will the indys?

Since it is now illegal to vote while registered democrat in almost 20 states, it can be an uphill battle, if that voter suppression were to happen in a foreign country, we would invade

this is why I have no problem calling these shitbaggers terrorists

wait, let them tell you them-self

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yw060QwkUE]Wally Herger Town Hall Remarks Redding - YouTube[/ame]

I'm getting really sick of your hateful attacks.
Edited: We Do Not Threaten here.

So?

Parents should be raising their kids the way they want them to be. I don't want teachers putting crap in my kids heads that i don't believe..
And "Behavior modification"??? That sounds like brainwashing to me.

Texas is sounding like about the smartest state around...everyone should move there!

The problem with that is that you're going to create a really, really, really stupid fucking kid if you don't let them learn things you don't "believe." This right here encapsulates WHY regular Fox News viewers are markedly dumber than others. "Believing" and "knowing" are two different things, you fucking rube.

I don't care if my kids wanted to learn ON THEIR OWN. Once they've gotten through school, learned reading, writing, arithmetic...they can do whatever they want. It's their life....i DON'T want someone brainwashing my child in the mean time. You go ahead and let yours though....you have that right.

ConzHateUS

The Rs have hit bottom with voter suppression but they don't dare depend on just buying the election.

Forum List

Back