GOPer wants FBI probe of Rupert Murdoch

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
GOPer wants FBI probe of Rupert Murdoch - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

New York Republican Pete King is calling on the FBI to investigate whether Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation hacked into the voicemail accounts of Sept. 11 victims, calling the allegations of the scandal “disgraceful.”

“As I see it, I would expect more things to be coming out over the next several weeks,” King told POLITICO. “And as we approach 9/11, the tenth anniversary, it’s even going to get worse.”

A number of Democratic senators are also calling for inquiries into the scandal. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is calling on Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.), who chairs the Senate Commerce Committee, asked for an investigation on Tuesday into whether American phones were hacked by News Corp. reporters. Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) says she supports Rockefeller. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J) wants authorities to look into allegations that News of the World reporters bribed London police for information about the British royal family.

If it turns out that even one victim got their voicemail hacked, I can't see things ending well for Murdoch on this side of the atlantic.

What was done is wrong on so many levels its not even remotely funny if proven true an example needs to be made.

I never said it should be and, that still doesn't really answer my question; why the need to note "goper"...?:eusa_eh:

Ask Politico. I didn't write the article or make up the title.

Lord Acton's words ring true once more: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Earlier William Pitt pointed out, ""Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

It's time for the Murdoch empire to be divested as too much influence and power invested in one man is the bane of a republic. Murdoch has too much power and influence for one person; those who oppose autocrats must recognize the truth authored by Acton and Pitt.

GOPer wants FBI probe of Rupert Murdoch - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

New York Republican Pete King is calling on the FBI to investigate whether Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation hacked into the voicemail accounts of Sept. 11 victims, calling the allegations of the scandal “disgraceful.”

“As I see it, I would expect more things to be coming out over the next several weeks,” King told POLITICO. “And as we approach 9/11, the tenth anniversary, it’s even going to get worse.”
A number of Democratic senators are also calling for inquiries into the scandal. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) is calling on Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.), who chairs the Senate Commerce Committee, asked for an investigation on Tuesday into whether American phones were hacked by News Corp. reporters. Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) says she supports Rockefeller. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J) wants authorities to look into allegations that News of the World reporters bribed London police for information about the British royal family.
If it turns out that even one victim got their voicemail hacked, I can't see things ending well for Murdoch on this side of the atlantic.

Are you saying there is evidence Murdoch knew about this? Or are you simply trying to link him because you don't like his politics?

Funny that fox news hasnt been saying much about it. Hmmmmm. That aside, no matter who does that, its just plain wrong. I believe we're going to see some come upins now. Its been said how on top of all things he is. He knew what was going on. But he has a lot. a ton of money. That goes a long way in a society where greed is run amok.

Funny that fox news hasnt been saying much about it. Hmmmmm. That aside, no matter who does that, its just plain wrong. I believe we're going to see some come upins now. Its been said how on top of all things he is. He knew what was going on. But he has a lot. a ton of money. That goes a long way in a society where greed is run amok.

It is only the top story on their site right now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back