GOPer calls for a great white hope

Open mouth.. insert foot.. people will have stupid things come out of their mouth...

She'll apologize, it will get swept under the rug, until the next election when the DEM opponent will beat that dead horse into a fine paste

I'm sure that "great white hope" was just a figure of speech

We all know the GOP tent is large enough to include all races

they've played that race card like a stake through a vampire's heart. I think America is officially puking sick of that "race" card. I think the day it happened was that prayer at the inaug.. "let's pray white will do right." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yellow will mellow, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: how classless can you get for god's sake?

they've played that race card like a stake through a vampire's heart. I think America is officially puking sick of that "race" card. I think the day it happened was that prayer at the inaug.. "let's pray white will do right." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yellow will mellow, :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: how classless can you get for god's sake?

By they, you of course refer to the person who said the GOP needs a 'great white hope.'

clearly, it's a black day for the repubs.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

Great white hope Definition | Definition of Great white hope at Dictionary.com

clearly, it's a black day for the repubs.

Idioms & Phrases

great white hope

Something or someone that is expected to succeed. For example, Mark is the great white hope of the international division. This expression dates from the early 1900s, when heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black, seemed invincible and the term was used for any white opponent who might defeat him. It gained currency as the title of a Broadway play and later (1970) a film. By then it had been transferred to anyone of whom much was expected.

Great white hope Definition | Definition of Great white hope at Dictionary.com

Why'd he say that

I'm sure that "great white hope" was just a figure of speech

We all know the GOP tent is large enough to include all races

Yes it is, but when we have idiots like her making dumb ass statements like that, it doesn't look good, and it certainly isn't the kind of statement that is going to attract minorities to the Republican Party. She should have just said we have some great young Aryian leaders out there. Stupid bitch.

Forum List

Back