GOP Wins Race for Weiner's Seat

They made up for it in the futures markets. They used to call it insider trading.

No he didn't.

Clinton went on the lecture circuit, wrote a book and opened an office in Harlem to advocate for various companies.

He became a money making machine in the private sector.

Yes they did. I suggest you do a search before looking foolish.

I already gave the hint. Add cattle to that.

Thanks for playing.

Come on now....Hilary just got lucky. :lol:

Clinton was impeached and left the Presidency 22 million dollars in debt.

That's not "telfon".

He wasn't impeached, they tried to impeach him but failed ;) Teflon Don baby!

:D

He was impeached.

He wasn't removed from office.

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah semantics...I meant he didn't lose the hearing and was aquitted of all charges.

Damn definition of what Is, is :lol:

This Weiner business really exploaded in the faces of the House Democrats. No way is Weiner pressured to resign if they had not thought his seat was a given.

Yes, but he is having a time these days..lol. I read recently that he "took his 5 months pregnant wife" to Italy for some R&R....

and this debt was incurred on a usless impeachment hearing from rabid repuplicans.

Yes, the man who perjured himself, asked others to lie, looked straight into the camera while addressing the country--with tears in his eyes--and lied, it wasn't his fault. It was the Republicans fault.

This is the character and mentality of the left.

and this debt was incurred on a usless impeachment hearing from rabid repuplicans.

Yes, the man who perjured himself, asked others to lie, looked straight into the camera while addressing the country--with tears in his eyes--and lied, it wasn't his fault. It was the Republicans fault.

This is the character and mentality of the left.

Yeah...well...the left also believe it is the corporations fault when someone signs on the dotted line and doesnt read the details of the contract.

so what do you expect?

GOP political novice Bob Turner defeats Dem assemblyman David Weprin in N.Y. special House race to fill seat vacated by Rep. Anthony Weiner, as election result is seen as a referendum on Obama's policies

Curiously, Fox News did not spin this as a referendum on Anthony Weiner, but Obama's policies. Fair and balanced, no doubt.

You don't think there are many many Jews who don't favor obie wan's treatment of Israel and Netanyahu? tsk tsk tsk..
Actually, I had not considered why jews might vote for or against either candidate. But, then again, I'm not anti-Semitic and thoughts of "the jews" rarely enter my thinking.

Is it surprising that the A.P. headlines on my Yahoo mail site fails to take note of the GOP win? So much for fair and balanced reporting. It's the first time since the 20's that the seat was held by a republican And not a good sign that the Jewish population is finally realizing that the left wing Obama administration is no friend of Israel.

GOP political novice Bob Turner defeats Dem assemblyman David Weprin in N.Y. special House race to fill seat vacated by Rep. Anthony Weiner, as election result is seen as a referendum on Obama's policies

Curiously, Fox News did not spin this as a referendum on Anthony Weiner, but Obama's policies. Fair and balanced, no doubt.

You don't think there are many many Jews who don't favor obie wan's treatment of Israel and Netanyahu? tsk tsk tsk..
Actually, I had not considered why jews might vote for or against either candidate. But, then again, I'm not anti-Semitic and thoughts of "the jews" rarely enter my thinking.

Good.. then perhaps we can stop hearing about the "black" vote... the "hispanic" vote.... the "white" vote... the "female" vote as well?

That would be nice.

What is wrong with you? Noting that 40% of a district is Jewish is anti-Semitic? And analyzing the issues that the candidates ran on, most notably Israel, that is anti-Semitic too?

You can debate the Jewish aspect but the fact remains that a solid (since the 20's) liberal democrat district abandoned the democrat party and Obama and voted for a republican. This is big news and you can count on the liberal media to make excuses and illustrate their intrenched anti-semitism while they downplay the story.

So analyzing what jewish voters think is anti-semetic now?

So I assume you likewise think that analyzing what blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians think is racist?

There are alot of Democrats who are going to be surprised to find out they are racist... of course, there will also be many who will not be surprised.

Fox is not spinning, you are. There are plenty of people in the district who made this about Obama, not Weiner.

I see a great deal of deflection here. Weiner was a lap dog of Obama. Clearly this is a referendum on Obama.

I hear....oh it's just Fox news-

I hear that the seat will be gone after redistricting, no big deal-

Bottom line is that this seat should have never gone to a republican. This is an indication on just how bad Obama is handling this country. IT IS about Obama...he is in some serious trouble, and I'm not sure that Soros is going to be able to buy him an election in 2012.

well perhaps it should. obie has offended them and the person behind this stunning upset is former mayor Ed Koch and his stated reason "obama's policies towards Israel."

You can debate the Jewish aspect but the fact remains that a solid (since the 20's) liberal democrat district abandoned the democrat party and Obama and voted for a republican. This is big news and you can count on the liberal media to make excuses and illustrate their intrenched anti-semitism while they downplay the story.

There is no debate. Ed Koch has been on TV all day explaining why it's a referendum on obama.

Turner had 54 percent of the vote to Weprin's 46 percent in unofficial results.
Not a great margin, if Turner follows the hard line Republican party platform I'd be willing to bet he won't survive the next election and it'll be another 80 years before another Republican is elected to that seat.

You are probably right about Turner losing in '12, but 8 points is an effing landslide in politics. For example, here was the spin on a 6 point victory:

WASHINGTON, Nov. 5 (UPI) -- Sen. Barack Obama won the U.S. presidential election in a historic blowout victory Tuesday.

Obama, D-Ill., won by a 6-point margin in the popular vote, 52 percent to 46 percent, over Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. He eclipsed President George W. Bush's 2004 record to win more votes than any other individual in American history. Some 62,438,115 people cast their ballots for him

Read more: http://www.upi.com/news/issueofthed...out-victory/UPI-40391225895936/#ixzz1XyCBbJwb

Last edited:

strangely, that right wing loon rag, the new york times, spun it the same way last night, but they've gotten on board this morning, at least for their headline

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/n...-avoid-upset-in-special-election.html?_r=1&hp

A little-known Republican businessman from Queens, channeling voter discontent with President Obama into an upset, won election to Congress on Tuesday from the heavily Democratic district in New York City last represented by Anthony D. Weiner. ...

“I am a registered Democrat, I have always been a registered Democrat, I come from a family of Democrats — and I hate to say this, I voted Republican,” said Linda Goldberg, 61, after casting her ballot in Queens. “I need to send a message to the president that he’s not doing a very good job. Our economy is horrible. People are scared.”.

go figure

Which is why Obama will be defeated in 2012.

I'd bet that 30% of the 30+ crowed that voted for Obama in 2008 wont vote for him in 12 or vote at all.

Forum List

Back