GOP Wins congress, presidency. What does their base expect will happen?

Wow. You guys had all night and this morning to respond, and still nothing. You claim spending is the "major issue facing this country", and yet none of you can explain why. Not Charles_Main. Not AmericanFirst. Not Paulitician. Not even Avatar who made the claim in the first place!

That's embarrassing.

I mean come on. It's the main talking point of every "conservative" commentator in the country. It's the main thrust of every candidate running for the GOP nomination. Hell, most of you come on here daily and rant about how spending is "out of control". And yet, absolutely none of you can explain why it's "the major issue facing this country"?

Yeah, that's embarrassing.

Jerry Brown said that is ONE of California's problems....spending what they dont have..... i dont think he needed to explain it any further,since he did not......im sure thats what Avitar meant......why cant you grasp that simple concept?.....if you have a hundred bucks in the checking account....you cant spend 300.....:eusa_eh:

Wow. You guys had all night and this morning to respond, and still nothing. You claim spending is the "major issue facing this country", and yet none of you can explain why. Not Charles_Main. Not AmericanFirst. Not Paulitician. Not even Avatar who made the claim in the first place!

That's embarrassing.

I mean come on. It's the main talking point of every "conservative" commentator in the country. It's the main thrust of every candidate running for the GOP nomination. Hell, most of you come on here daily and rant about how spending is "out of control". And yet, absolutely none of you can explain why it's "the major issue facing this country"?

I notice the best you can do in response to prove that spending is not the major problem in this country is argue that I said it is. That is a lie, so I will ask again, can you prove that spending is not the problem that others are saying it is?

They certainly have no plans ready other than to burn everything Obama ever touched.

When the Policies he has put in place are so counter to our Ideology, then simply "Burning everything he touched" is a huge Plus IMO.

Obamacare
Dodd/Frank

Roll back both of those, and start issuing Drilling permits, and Green light the Pipe line.

Do those things and you will see an Immediate Positive result in the Private Sector where it is needed.

And For Christ Sake pass a Real Budget and stop making tax policy in 2 month increments because it's better politically for you to do it that way. Our Economy needs Predictability with Tax Policy. You watch if the Republicans do take Congress and the WH, the Economic Rally will begin the Day after the Election in Anticipation of a more Business Friendly Climate in DC. Heck sooner if it becomes clear before the Election that Obama is going to lose and the Republicans are likely to take Congress.

When it happens Obama Apologists and liberals everywhere will go on Left wing Loon shows and blogs and tell us all that the Businesses all deliberately didn't hire to get Obama out of office, When the Truth is their not hiring because their Terrified were facing 4 more years of this incompetent President, Who's Intelligence is better than his Common sense, and Leadership abilities.

I would like to see spending rolled back to 2008 levels. Cut it across the board. Then freeze it there with a small annual increase as called for by law for programs that care for those who need it. This scales it back to about $10,000 worth of Federal Government for every man, woman and child in the country.

That's about all of the government I think I can stand.

First thing to cut? All non-military vehicles. Pay the thieves mileage and make them fly coach. That horse crap that Nancy Pelosi was pulling is simply criminal and needs to be ended. NOW.

God Almighty. I hate these little KingPins we have allowed our representatives to become.

After that, tell all of the department heads in all parts of government from the DOD to White House Catering that they have the same budget they had in 2008. If any of them decide to quit, there's an army of qualified managers available to take over who are currently out of work.

Budgets from every department to be on the President's desk before noon on the day of the inauguration. Any budgets missing? Fire the loser and bring in someone who is serious.

Make the American Corporate tax the lowest among industrialized nations.

Restore all of the Gulf Drilling permits and all of the red tape hurdles needed to proceed to drill before Sundown on the first day. Before noon on the second day, approve the Keystone Pipeline.

Call for a four year tax policy that simplifies the code, lowers the rates and shrinks the deductions. Pass it into law and freeze it where it is. Give some stability to the tax process.

Less spending would be enough for me at this point.

Or in other words, do absolutely nothing to address any of the major issues facing this country.

If you lost your job, your main concern would be to rearrange your spending to account for the lost income. If you found another job that paid less, you'd be trying to find a way to cut back your expenses to account for that.

The gang of jerks who've been running our Federal house during the down times have taken things in the opposite direction and not done anything to correct the problems.

It's time to do something.

Stop the regulation insanity. That much more than taxes (except the not knowing what they'll be) is the road back to full employment and economic recovery.

Last edited:

That's embarrassing.

Only a complete idiot would not understand why, but here's a good point to consider: Of each dollar spent by the Feds on everything from a new Air Force Bomber to an 18 dollar muffin served to our already obese Congressmen and Senators in one of their meeting where they are bending over the pages, 40 cents is being loaned to them by the Chinese.

This means that we are running up 3.7 trillion in debt annually and only have 2.2 trillion in annual collections to pay that debt. The differrence is the deficit and only a true Liberal can miss the meaning of this. The folks managing this are way out of line and need to be out of work.

Here's some other things, though, that seem to have escaped your defective mental net over the topic: Nationwide, we have just under 20 million government workers who all are making more than they would in the private sector for doing the same work. This means that in my case and yours, we can form into small groups of about 15 to 18 people and each group has their own government worker overseeing what they're doing.

That's a little more governing than I need. You seem to need more. You're welcome to it, but, please, pay for it on your own dime and leave me alone.

We have somewhere between 150 and 900 foreign military bases. Again a hard number to nail down. What's a base? What's a camp? What's a station?

In 2008, our annual Federal Spending was about 3 Trillion. It's up by about 3/4 Trillion since then. RUKidding me?

The kids are running the candy store and it's time to stop the stealing.

Total outlays in recent budget submissions:

2012 United States federal budget - $3.7 trillion (submitted 2011 by President Obama)
2011 United States federal budget - $3.8 trillion (submitted 2010 by President Obama)
2010 United States federal budget - $3.6 trillion (submitted 2009 by President Obama)
2009 United States federal budget - $3.1 trillion (submitted 2008 by President Bush)
2008 United States federal budget - $2.9 trillion (submitted 2007 by President Bush)
2007 United States federal budget - $2.8 trillion (submitted 2006 by President Bush)
2006 United States federal budget - $2.7 trillion (submitted 2005 by President Bush)
2005 United States federal budget - $2.4 trillion (submitted 2004 by President Bush)
2004 United States federal budget - $2.3 trillion (submitted 2003 by President Bush)
2003 United States federal budget - $2.2 trillion (submitted 2002 by President Bush)
2002 United States federal budget - $2.0 trillion (submitted 2001 by President Bush)
2001 United States federal budget - $1.9 trillion (submitted 2000 by President Clinton)
2000 United States federal budget - $1.8 trillion (submitted 1999 by President Clinton)
1999 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1998 by President Clinton)
1998 United States federal budget - $1.7 trillion (submitted 1997 by President Clinton)
1997 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1996 by President Clinton)
1996 United States federal budget - $1.6 trillion (submitted 1995 by President Clinton)

Total Government Employment Since 1962
Number of Government Employees
Federal Budget Spending, Deficits, the National Debt, and Social Security

Last edited:
What the INSIDERS understand is this...

IF the economy goes into a DEFLATIONARY depression, BIG CAPITAL will be able to buy up more REAL ASSETS for a song.

THAT is what the GOPers (in the know) fully understand.

THAT is what they are seeking.

they call this disaster for society, the creative DESTRUCTION of capitalism.

Ron Paul, if you bother to read his platform wants to unleash that creative destruction on behalf of BIG CAPITAL.

Forum List

Back