GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page spending bill

this bill has been in the works since Sep. In Nov. the voters made it clear this won't be tolerated.

They are against it now b/c they want to keep thier day jobs.

exactly, they base their votes on trying to get re-elected instead of standing on principle. this is the reality that we have come to. its more important to get re-elected that to have principle to stand on.

lets say you have 100 people in a room
50 vote one way, and 50 vote another

They were put their by the people that wanted them there. To represent what they want, not what that person wants. It's not about thier principles, it's about the will of the people.

If you want to see something wrong in our elected officials doing as we tell them...

Then I think you're seeing things the way you want to see them instead of the way they are or should be.

Earmarks are bribes that waste our money. It may not be a lot of money, but we have to make cuts everywhere.

they were put their based on the ideology at the time of election. but they dont always vote that way. they vote on what they think is popular and what will get them re-elected. this is why we need term limits.

if McConnell was standing on principle, he would have come out immediately and said i have changed my mind, and i believe that we should cut our this, this and this out of the spending bill. instead he kept quiet and the dems proposed the exact thing he really wanted, but he said it wasnt good enough.

same things with the other two senators who put billions in earmarks into the bill. whats their thinking? well..... at the time i was trying to get as much money for my state as possible........ but thats actually a bad idea now, i dont believe in my own principles anymore, only what someone else tells me.

both sides of congress are broken. they should all be sent home.

exactly, they base their votes on trying to get re-elected instead of standing on principle. this is the reality that we have come to. its more important to get re-elected that to have principle to stand on.

lets say you have 100 people in a room
50 vote one way, and 50 vote another

They were put their by the people that wanted them there. To represent what they want, not what that person wants. It's not about thier principles, it's about the will of the people.

If you want to see something wrong in our elected officials doing as we tell them...

Then I think you're seeing things the way you want to see them instead of the way they are or should be.

Earmarks are bribes that waste our money. It may not be a lot of money, but we have to make cuts everywhere.

they were put their based on the ideology at the time of election. but they dont always vote that way. they vote on what they think is popular and what will get them re-elected. this is why we need term limits.

if McConnell was standing on principle, he would have come out immediately and said i have changed my mind, and i believe that we should cut our this, this and this out of the spending bill. instead he kept quiet and the dems proposed the exact thing he really wanted, but he said it wasnt good enough.

same things with the other two senators who put billions in earmarks into the bill. whats their thinking? well..... at the time i was trying to get as much money for my state as possible........ but thats actually a bad idea now, i dont believe in my own principles anymore, only what someone else tells me.

both sides of congress are broken. they should all be sent home.[/QUOTE]

PREACH IT BROTHER

PREACH!!

Republicans will paralyze the Senate floor for 50 hours by forcing clerks to read every single paragraph of the 1,924-page, $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill.

Senate clerks are expected to read the massive bill in rotating shifts around the clock — taking breaks to drink water and pop throat lozenges — to keep legislative business on track, according to a Democratic leadership aide.

GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page spending bill - TheHill.com

Read every single solitary word of it. I don't care if it takes until Jan. 4th. Stay there and read it. Every word.

Hmm, I am not sure they can read it all in 50 hours, but I think it is a tremendous idea. Hopefully this will play on television.

Well at least it would mean some one had read this bill.Maybe it will give us an idea of what's in the thing before it's passed..Right Nancy?

i think it should be either the senator or the representatives responsibility to read every and understand every piece of legislation before voting on it.

how can you make an objective decision without doing so? if they arent doing their civic responsibility then why are they still there?
Instead of the clerks it should be the sponsors and co-sponsors
:cool:

Republicans will paralyze the Senate floor for 50 hours by forcing clerks to read every single paragraph of the 1,924-page, $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill.

Senate clerks are expected to read the massive bill in rotating shifts around the clock — taking breaks to drink water and pop throat lozenges — to keep legislative business on track, according to a Democratic leadership aide.

GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page spending bill - TheHill.com

Read every single solitary word of it. I don't care if it takes until Jan. 4th. Stay there and read it. Every word.
They need to paralyze it till January 3rd.

Forum List

Back