GOP will paralyze Senate floor with reading of 1,924-page spending bill

No. They should do it during regular waking hours so that the Public can watch and hear the reading.

Enough of this "you can find out whati's in it after it is passed" nonsense.

If the gop wants to paralyze the senate with their bullshit, let them do it on their own personal time.

How sad that you think of Reading The Bill Before Voting as "paralyzing the Senate with Bullshit".

so the GOP puts hundreds of millions of pork in the bill, but then all of a sudden condemns it because of the pork?
and these are the people you want to trust with government? :cuckoo:

even your beloved fox news called them out and they didnt have an answer.

It would appear that the GOP felt something in the air that night and has decided to come to their senses and NOT allow any more of this malarkey to continue,

by their party and/or THEM,
or anyone else.

It's time to Just Say NO,

and if they're willing to admit defeat and throw in the sweat-stained towel for a clean start?

I don't have a problem with that.

It's a shitload better than trying to fight for the FUCKING to continue, imho.

tax cuts for the wealthy - polls show american 2 to 1 wanted to see the cuts for the wealthy expire. but the GOP wants to keep them in place

A majority of American voters approve of the proposed deal to preserve Bush-era tax cuts agreed on between President Obama and Republican leaders in Congress, and voters are more likely to think the compromises made by both sides represent how things “should” work in Washington.

A Fox News poll released Thursday found that by 68 to 26 percent, most voters approve of the compromise deal.

Moreover, approval is across the board: 69 percent of Republicans, 68 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of independents endorsed the deal.

When asked what they would do if forced to choose between either continuing the tax cuts for all Americans or letting taxes increase for all Americans, 73 percent of voters said they would continue the tax cuts for all. That includes 83 percent of Republicans, 73 percent independents and 64 percent of Democrats.

Read more: FoxNews.com - Fox News Poll: Majority Approves Tax Cut Agreement

Regardless of whether or not your numbers (which you didn't cite) are accurate, or the numbers I just posted are accurate, what gives the American people the right to decide how much of my money that I earned I get to keep?

No. They should do it during regular waking hours so that the Public can watch and hear the reading.

If the gop wants to paralyze the senate with their bullshit, let them do it on their own personal time.

Reading the bill and knowing what's in it, and, knowing what you are voting for is bullshit? That explains a lot about the democrat party. Yewp.

tax cuts for the wealthy - polls show american 2 to 1 wanted to see the cuts for the wealthy expire. but the GOP wants to keep them in place

A majority of American voters approve of the proposed deal to preserve Bush-era tax cuts agreed on between President Obama and Republican leaders in Congress, and voters are more likely to think the compromises made by both sides represent how things “should” work in Washington.

A Fox News poll released Thursday found that by 68 to 26 percent, most voters approve of the compromise deal.

Moreover, approval is across the board: 69 percent of Republicans, 68 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of independents endorsed the deal.

When asked what they would do if forced to choose between either continuing the tax cuts for all Americans or letting taxes increase for all Americans, 73 percent of voters said they would continue the tax cuts for all. That includes 83 percent of Republicans, 73 percent independents and 64 percent of Democrats.

Regardless of whether or not your numbers (which you didn't cite) are accurate, or the numbers I just posted are accurate, what gives the American people the right to decide how much of my money that I earned I get to keep?

yes they approved the compromise. but prior to the compromise here is the numbers:

"A majority of those polled by Gallup agree with President Obama that Bush-era tax cuts for the rich should be phased out.
Forty-four percent of those polled want tax cuts for individuals making less than $200,000 and families under $250,000 to be extended, but favor phasing out tax cuts for people who earn more than those thresholds.
Another 15 percent favor allowing the tax cuts for the rich to expire along with the middle-class tax cuts, according to Gallup.
That means 59 percent favor ending the tax cuts for the rich.
Thirty-seven percent of those polled by Gallup want to keep all the tax cuts in place."

Poll: Should tax cuts be extended for wealthy? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Poll: Most Americans Want Tax Cuts for the Rich to Expire - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Polls: Plurality Want Bush Tax Cuts On Wealthiest Americans To Expire | TPMDC.
Gallup poll finds majority favor ending tax cuts for the rich - The Hill's On The Money

all the numbers vary a bit, but you get the idea.

You know what?

Can't we make Charitable Contributions to ANY organization???

If folks don't think tax cuts are the answer,
they could figure out their own idea of a reasonable amount,
and if their tax bill falls short of that,
they could just contribute the difference to the gov, right?

Reading the bill and knowing what's in it, and, knowing what you are voting for is bullshit? That explains a lot about the democrat party. Yewp.

That isn't why they're doing this. :cuckoo:

well youre in the wrong country then if you want to make that decision yourself. you already let government decided it for you.

Simply more evidence the GOP has devolved into a new and dangerous form of anarchy.
Mindful of the lad who denied the opportunity to play quarterback,n the immature and selfish child takes his ball and goes home.
The New Right, Arrogant, Bigoted, Callous and always disgusting.

Oh. So that's the new Big Brother Meme: Actually reading a bill before voting on it is Anarchy.

And up is down.
And black is white.
And we should all walk up the down escalator.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-10-picture2915-senate-big-brother.jpg

Oh certainly the GOP is going to start working again. After all, they have a job they did not finish. We didn't actually achieve the Second Great Republican Depression. They will do their best to do it right this time.

Forum List

Back