GOP will not win the Senate

The Tea Party and the GOP unknowingly has assured Obama a second term. He will move to the center now, the economy will improve, and he will win in 2012. That is when the walking ego, Sarah Palin, will bolt from the GOP and run as a Tea Party candidate. Ross Perot all over again...

The Tea Party cost the GOP the Senate but certainly contributed to its solid victory in the House.

Thus creating the perfect scenario. You should be thanking the TPs.

These two years coming up will define the GOP. Either it shifts to accommodate the TP positions; or tries to destroy it and succeeds; or tries and fails, which will lead to two minority parties; or shifts to the left.

History teaches that Tea Party most probably will be subsumed in the GOP.

The Tea Party cost the GOP the Senate but certainly contributed to its solid victory in the House.

Thus creating the perfect scenario. You should be thanking the TPs.

These two years coming up will define the GOP. Either it shifts to accommodate the TP positions; or tries to destroy it and succeeds; or tries and fails, which will lead to two minority parties; or shifts to the left.

History teaches that Tea Party most probably will be subsumed in the GOP.

I dislike the way the TEA Party movement (and it is a movement, not a party) has been hijacked by the GOP, and others. Although it is through them that the movement itself gained momentum. I've always supported its ideals - I would prefer the Federal Government to do what it was set up to do and for states to govern themselves. If the majority in that state want gay marriage, fine. If the majority say no, fine. We were supposed to be able to govern ourselves. That's what the founders set up. I see no reason why we should become another Nanny state country.

If the GOP show some balls over the coming two years, great. If not.... I think they'll have a problem. Neither party should take the people for granted. I hope they got the wake up call.

The Tea Party and the GOP unknowingly has assured Obama a second term. He will move to the center now, the economy will improve, and he will win in 2012. That is when the walking ego, Sarah Palin, will bolt from the GOP and run as a Tea Party candidate. Ross Perot all over again...

So like we have been saying along....Obama was too far left to improve the economy. :eusa_whistle:

So like we have been saying along....Obama was too far left to improve the economy. :eusa_whistle:

How is that? What would a conservative have done to improve the economy?

WOW, and what would be the problem with that? Are you ACTUALLY admitting that the country will IMPROVE because of this latest move to the right and the way it will force the president to the center!!! I think you let that slip.

BTW, Obama was ALWAYS likely to gain a second term. This has not improved his odds.

Boehner and McConnell have made it pretty clear their priority is to block all Obama legislation and discredit him with House investigation. Meanwhile Democrats will be working on their image. In other words two years of campaigning all at tax payer expense.

Voters sent Republicans back in power to block all Obama legislation.

You are delusional. The republicans are back in power because the economy sucks, plain and simple. If the economy had come back, voters wouldn't have given a flip about Health Care law, financial reforms, or the deficit. They would be fat and happy and sit back with their savings account and let it all roll.

Clinton said it all, "Its the economy stupid." I hope Obama realizes that before he becomes a one term President.

Perfect non sequitur. Left or right has nothing to do with it now, and laizzez faire will do no better than keynesian.

Forum List

Back