GOP=White People's Party?

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
A little history.

Use to be that the party of Lincoln was the party blacks voted for. Woodrow Wilson reinforced the Democrats anti-Black stance when he fired the White House's black staff and praised the racist movie Birth of a Nation. But that changed with the new deal. Many northern blacks started to vote for democrats because of social justice issues--blacks were not allowed to vote in most of the south. The Democtratic party began to divide over Civil Rights issues as the Conservative Southern Democrats looked on with horror as Northern Democrats and liberal Republicans began to stand up for the rights of blacks to live in freedom. FDR helped get fair employment practices in the northern factories, but it was his wife that really made a lot of noise on behalf of civil rights, drawing death threats and assassination attempts from angry whites in the KKK.

Harry Truman really began pushing the envelop when he decided to integrate the military. The South was furious and many southerners left their home--the Democratic party--and formed a racial party, the Dixiecrats, whose slogan was "Segregation Forever!" This white supremecist party actually won several southern states in the 1948 election, but Truman still won.

The next decade and a half were a time of flux for the parties, as Eisenhower showed Dixiecrats the Republicans couldn't be trusted either, but when LBJ signed the Civil Rights act and the Voting Rights act and the federal government began taking a direct role in registering blacks to vote and ensuring school integration Southern Democrats flocked out of the Democratic party to the Republicans.

Conservative politicians were able to use racially charged terms like "States Rights" and "Federal Intervention" to appeal to white southerners. Nixon's "Southern Strategy" is well known, as is the fact Ronald Reagan started his 1980 presidential run in Philidelphia, Mississippi with a big States Rights rally. Philidelphia was one of the places that had witnessed one of the worst murders by White Supremicists during the civil rights movement. Reagan knew what he was doing. The South basically has taken over the now Rump Republican party and turned it into, in many ways, the Dixiecrat party light. No wonder they are so hated, and so....well...White

Not all Whites. William.

There's a few that I think are okay.

Not many, of course.

OJ another liberal that has white guilt. Get over it. Even IF you were right, which you are not, WHO cares? No one raises a racist issue when 95 percent of blacks vote democrat.

OJ another liberal that has white guilt. Get over it. Even IF you were right, which you are not, WHO cares? No one raises a racist issue when 95 percent of blacks vote democrat.

Ah yes, the delusion of racist Republicans that White people are voting for O out of some sense of White guilt.

Very few Whites I know feel the slightest guilt about what has happened to Blacks, regardless of their party affiliation.

Nevertheless, many of them are going to vote for O, based on issues.

Can I assume, given your obvious obsession about other people's race guilt, that you are voting for McCain because he is White?

Or are you planning on voting for him because you think he will be the superior POTUS?

Ah yes, the delusion of racist Republicans that White people are voting for O out of some sense of White guilt.

Very few Whites I know feel the slightest guilt about what has happened to Blacks, regardless of their party affiliation.

Nevertheless, many of them are going to vote for O, based on issues.

Can I assume, given your obvious obsession about other people's race guilt, that you are voting for McCain because he is White?

Or are you planning on voting for him because you think he will be the superior POTUS?

I am voting for him because Obama is a racist and so far left you can not see him on the scale. He is associated with the dirties political machine in the Country and has in the past won not at the ballot box but by character assassination of his opponents before the election, through that dirty machine that runs him.

As I said, I would have voted for Hillary over McCain. But given this choice it is McCain all the way. He is a liberal but not nearly as far left as Obama.

There is no "shining" change at all. Obama is a dirty politician , probably more dirty then most and the press is NOT doing it's job. They want him to win so do not investigate the obvious chinks in his facade. Meanwhile we get to hear about every member of McCain's staff on the smallest thing.

You go ahead and help the press elect our President and see where that gets ya.

I am voting for him because Obama is a racist and so far left you can not see him on the scale. He is associated with the dirties political machine in the Country and has in the past won not at the ballot box but by character assassination of his opponents before the election, through that dirty machine that runs him.

So you're voting for McCain because he is not Obama, then.

As I said, I would have voted for Hillary over McCain. But given this choice it is McCain all the way. He is a liberal but not nearly as far left as Obama.

You would have? Interesting. Would you have been voting for Hill out of you sense Masculine guilt, then?

No?

But still you believe that people who side with O are doing so because of White Guilt.

There is no "shining" change at all. Obama is a dirty politician , probably more dirty then most and the press is NOT doing it's job. They want him to win so do not investigate the obvious chinks in his facade. Meanwhile we get to hear about every member of McCain's staff on the smallest thing.

Yeah, poor MaCain, he's a hard luck candidate.

You go ahead and help the press elect our President and see where that gets ya.

It can hardly get me less than electing (or failing to elect) the last six PsOTUS got me.

I don't really expect much personal benefit from either candidate, if elected, to be honest.

Like you I'm voting AGAINST a candidate, rather than so much FOR one.

Last edited:
I'm not voting for Obama because some of my ancestors were slave owners and it would make them spin in their graves.

They sacrificed to have slaves and I'm not about to disrespect their memories.

I'm not voting for Obama because some of my ancestors were slave owners and it would make them spin in their graves.

They sacrificed to have slaves and I'm not about to disrespect their memories.

Whites have gone from complete dehumanization of blacks through slavery to complete dehumanization of the THEMSELVES through black god worship.

It's all crazy.

Whites have gone from complete dehumanization of blacks through slavery to complete dehumanization of the THEMSELVES through black god worship.

It's all crazy.
I don't think anyone worships him because he's black. He's just charismatic and different. Or seemingly different, I really have come to see him as the same old same old.

Whites would be hated whether they were Republicans, Democrats, Communists or Fascists.

Only, whites think everyone loves them.

As they head for minority staus in 2042, they'll find out just how cool it is to be outnumbered by those who hate you.

You mean I have to wait until I'm 82 years old before I an get some minority benenfits? That SUCKS.:lol:

Bush has appointed more Blacks to prominent positions in his administration than any other,Codolezza Rice , and Colin Powell.
Democrat.The Republican party is more respectful of Blacks.Bill Clinton appointed one
Black.Espy.Democrats still the party of the KuKluxKlan.

If you are going to say I'm wrong at least be man enought to try and put together some sort of argument making your point

Bush has appointed more Blacks to prominent positions in his administration than any other,Codolezza Rice , and Colin Powell.
Democrat.The Republican party is more respectful of Blacks.Bill Clinton appointed one
Black.Espy.

I remember the huge ordeal about Clinton saying it is the time of the woman and appointing Albright as Sec of State. The press praised it and rejoiced. It was the highest position a woman has been appointed to.

Bush appointed Colin Powell as Secretary of State, the highest position a black has been appointed to, and there was mild talk because Powell is respected. Condi as Secretary of State? The highest position a black female gets appointed to. Well, no rejoicing, only partisan downtalk. Alberto Gonzalez held the highest position of any Hispanic, he was hated. Sure, he was a waste, but still the point is recognition should have been made. Nope. none.

Had a dem nominated them, there would have been praise, rejoicing, parties, front page news articles, and the whole ordeal.

Democrats still the party of the KuKluxKlan.

you mean like Senator Byrd of West Virginia? He set a record for the filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

"Filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Byrd joined with other Southern and border state Democrats to filibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1964, personally filibustering the bill for 14 hours — a move he now says he regrets.[16] Despite an 83 day filibuster in the Senate, both parties in Congress voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Act, and President Johnson signed the bill into law.[17] He also opposed the Voting Rights Act of 1965, but voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1968. In 2005, Byrd told the Washington Post that his membership in the Baptist church led to a change in his views. In the opinion of one reviewer, Byrd, along with other Southern and border state Democrats, came to realize that he would have to temper "his blatantly segregationist views" and move to the Democratic Party mainstream if he wanted to play a role nationally.[4]

Because of his opposition to desegregation, Byrd was often regarded as a Dixiecrat - a member of this Democratic Party wing that opposed desegregation and civil rights imposed by the Federal Government. However, despite his early career in the KKK, Byrd was linked to such "dixiecrat" Senators as John C. Stennis, J. William Fulbright or George Smathers, who based their segregationist positions on their conception of states' rights in contrast to, for example, James Eastland, who held a reputation as a committed racist."

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember the huge ordeal about Clinton saying it is the time of the woman and appointing Albright as Sec of State. The press praised it and rejoiced. It was the highest position a woman has been appointed to.

Bush appointed Colin Powell as Secretary of State, the highest position a black has been appointed to, and there was mild talk because Powell is respected. Condi as Secretary of State? The highest position a black female gets appointed to. Well, no rejoicing, only partisan downtalk. Alberto Gonzalez held the highest position of any Hispanic, he was hated. Sure, he was a waste, but still the point is recognition should have been made. Nope. none.

Had a dem nominated them, there would have been praise, rejoicing, parties, front page news articles, and the whole ordeal.

you mean like Senator Byrd of West Virginia? He set a record for the filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

"Filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Byrd joined with other Southern and border state Democrats to filibuster the Civil Rights Act of 1964, personally filibustering the bill for 14 hours — a move he now says he regrets.[16] Despite an 83 day filibuster in the Senate, both parties in Congress voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Act, and President Johnson signed the bill into law.[17] He also opposed the Voting Rights Act of 1965, but voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1968. In 2005, Byrd told the Washington Post that his membership in the Baptist church led to a change in his views. In the opinion of one reviewer, Byrd, along with other Southern and border state Democrats, came to realize that he would have to temper "his blatantly segregationist views" and move to the Democratic Party mainstream if he wanted to play a role nationally.[4]

Because of his opposition to desegregation, Byrd was often regarded as a Dixiecrat - a member of this Democratic Party wing that opposed desegregation and civil rights imposed by the Federal Government. However, despite his early career in the KKK, Byrd was linked to such "dixiecrat" Senators as John C. Stennis, J. William Fulbright or George Smathers, who based their segregationist positions on their conception of states' rights in contrast to, for example, James Eastland, who held a reputation as a committed racist."

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is exactly what I am saying, the Democrats is the party of the KuKluxKlan!, when are Blacks and other minorities going to wake up and realize this fact?!

This is exactly what I am saying, the Democrats is the party of the KuKluxKlan!, when are Blacks and other minorities going to wake up and realize this fact?!

There are not, unfortunately. They have been offered too much from them left in way of government-funded support programs. Basically they were bought by the left...so to speak. :badgrin:

As one poster on these boards posted "Give a man a fish, he will come to you for fish. Teach a man to fish, and you lost a customer. "

Remind us how caving into Hitler worked out so well for Europe and the US.

Actually, it's the other way around: Hitler never posed a threat to the United States, and in fighting him, we got the rise of the USSR and communism around the world to contend with for half a century. Remind me how that was good, again?

Forum List

Back