GOP wants to make the poor productive

You know what really pisses me off about all this… I’m trying to open a 15k sqft gym atm and it’s a fucking bitch. Then I have some ass dragger saying if you go to school it’s FREEEEEeEeEeE! No thought of investment. Here I have to nail down literally every fucking dollar as to where it goes, what it gets me and what the return on it is and some chitbag gets to just decide, I WANA BE A DOCTOR!!! Then if they fail, no cost no nothing… If they graduation no cost no nothing…. 2 years later then can be like, “Being a doctor is booooooring! And stressssssfulll BBOOOooooo!” And that’s cool, it didn’t cost em anything, they just go back to college for something else!

Everyone else has to think life through, not progressives.
That's not what's pissing you off: your little business has nothing to do with any of this. More likely you're pissed because the rest of the world isn't as miserable as you are. Everyone who has ever done it already knows that opening a business is a bitch, so you might as well just suck it up.

We'll just buy the best darn teachers money can buy!!! Thanks 1% for the endless tax revenue we can just keep taxing more, cuz we need to being we never used the fucking money to pay down the deficit! You know, that deficit that we sold the country on needing your money to pay it down, even thought it only would have knocked off a few % on the overall deficit, would have... if we didn't pay for everyone’s education! Healthcare! Infrastructure! and wood floors for everyone!

Huhuhu I'm so smart, duh just keep taxing the 1% forever!

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
  • Fund a public option for universal health care
  • Regulate markets to prevent scams that discourage widespread investment
  • Rebuild the infrastructure to pave the way for faster economic development
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

Time to put your money where your mouths are.

We already know what Republicans feel about education by who they nominated for President. They think the "path to high paying jobs" is to destroy unions, lower the minimum wage, and exempt companies from paying for health care and other benefits.

Try to get the to explain what those "high paying jobs" are and suddenly, you are a "loony liberal".

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what really pisses me off about all this… I’m trying to open a 15k sqft gym atm and it’s a fucking bitch. Then I have some ass dragger saying if you go to school it’s FREEEEEeEeEeE! No thought of investment. Here I have to nail down literally every fucking dollar as to where it goes, what it gets me and what the return on it is and some chitbag gets to just decide, I WANA BE A DOCTOR!!! Then if they fail, no cost no nothing… If they graduation no cost no nothing…. 2 years later then can be like, “Being a doctor is booooooring! And stressssssfulll BBOOOooooo!” And that’s cool, it didn’t cost em anything, they just go back to college for something else!

That's not what's pissing you off: your little business has nothing to do with any of this. More likely you're pissed because the rest of the world isn't as miserable as you are. Everyone who has ever done it already knows that opening a business is a bitch, so you might as well just suck it up.

Uhhh, I told you want is pissing me off.... And wtf is this "your little business" crap? WTF business do you do that's so fucking big? I didn’t bring up my business to compare sizes. It sounds like I pretty much nailed your chitty ideas to the wall and all you had on me was “It’s You’re”

We'll just buy the best darn teachers money can buy!!! Thanks 1% for the endless tax revenue we can just keep taxing more, cuz we need to being we never used the fucking money to pay down the deficit! You know, that deficit that we sold the country on needing your money to pay it down, even thought it only would have knocked off a few % on the overall deficit, would have... if we didn't pay for everyone’s education! Healthcare! Infrastructure! and wood floors for everyone!

Want Eisenhower-era prosperity? Expect Eisenhower-era tax rates. If you're not at least that much of a businessman to figure that out, you'd better quit right now.

I think you're pissed off because you prolly did vote for the biggest war party in US history, the Democrat party.

Want Eisenhower-era prosperity? Expect Eisenhower-era tax rates. If you're not at least that much of a businessman to figure that out, you'd better quit right now.

I want Harding and Coolidge era politics, conservatives that don't spend more and talk about God. Guys that walk the walk and have one of the best economies ever to show for it.

There is no doubt you can get a great economy by spending trillions you don't have idiot, it's paying it back that will crush you, look out the window.

Anyways, I love this conversation but until you back up your horrible ideas with some numbers ($’s) and where em $’s come from I don’t give a crap about grand awesome totally like, eeeepic ideas to save the US based on “free” chit.

What makes you think that taxes have anything to do with prosperity?

Anyways, I love this conversation but until you back up your horrible ideas with some numbers ($’s) and where em $’s come from I don’t give a crap about grand awesome totally like, eeeepic ideas to save the US based on “free” chit.

I would, but anyone who calls himself a Libertarian, wants to be led by a conservative who talks about God, and STILL doesn't get the disconnect is way too hopeless to be reasoned with. Have a nice day.

Over the last year, I've heard a number of GOP politicians talk about how we need to preserve the middle class and turn the poor into productive citizens. Personally, I think this is an excellent idea. I'm all for it.

And now, Mr. Speaker and other gentlemen, here's what needs to happen in order to achieve this very worthy goal:

• Guarantee ample funding and the most talented educators in public schools at all levels and in all neighborhoods
    We already spend huge sums with very poor results. It isn't a money problem.
  • Make tuition at colleges and universities free or greatly subsidized, for those who are academically qualified and who want to pursue an economically useful degree (those who want to major in lesbian Uzbekistani basket weaving can do it on their own dime)
    Best way to inflate the price of a product is to involve the government. Now an even greater number need assistance. Very bad idea.
  • Fund a public option for universal health care
    Again, this just drives up the costs and eventually leads to rationed care. Neither is helpful.
  • Regulate markets to prevent scams that discourage widespread investment
    Markets are regulated, what they aren't is enforced.
  • Rebuild the infrastructure to pave the way for faster economic development
    Diverting investment funding to infrastructure just creates artifical winners and losers.
  • Revamp the justice system so that it no longer disproportionately punishes the poor
    What are you going to do? Legalize stealing from the middle and upper class? Idiot.
  • Bring the percentage of incarcerated citizens back in line with the rest of the free world (jails aren't free)
    Not a problem just limit appeals and execute more killers faster.

You realize that NONE of the items above is a handout for lazy, irresponsible people, of course. They are simply tools for those willing to make the effort to escape poverty and be successful.

Time to put your money where your mouths are.

My answers in bold. I should also mention Wonky here admits he had tax problems which resulted in court action. So he wants to spend the tax revenue, just not pay his share. Should also mention he is just here to have his ideas validated. Any challenge to them is met with a hissy fit. Took me about two weeks to rid us of his infestation last time.

Last edited:

I would, but anyone who calls himself a Libertarian, wants to be led by a conservative who talks about God, and STILL doesn't get the disconnect is way too hopeless to be reasoned with. Have a nice day.

When did I say I wana be led by a conservative who talks about God, didn't I say I liked Harding and Coolidge because they did policy that was small Government over talking about God while expanding the size of Government?

Hmm, maybe I wrote it down wrong, I dono...

Chances are you voted for Obama, the guy that went to a church for 20 years and to this day will tell you he believes in God... He just wants you to leave out the racist church part, but that's cool with you because it was black racist church and racist is fine as long as it's not an old white guy I guessing.

There is my quote, won't attack you for it, sometimes people read stuff wrong, I know I have.

"I want Harding and Coolidge era politics, conservatives that don't spend more and talk about God. Guys that walk the walk and have one of the best economies ever to show for it."

All it takes is college and everyone would have an above average income?

Don't you know, no one has ever made a good living if they didn't go to college! And no one that has gone to college has ever found themselves without a job and with a ton of debt, ever!

All it takes is college and everyone would have an above average income?

Don't you know, no one has ever made a good living if they didn't go to college! And no one that has gone to college has ever found themselves without a job and with a ton of debt, ever!

Education is the only answer.

does not matter if the jobs are there or not.

Yup. And the OP will tell you what jobs the Government will fund through paying for their education, no room for massive corruption there!

I think the Government should just hire every man women and child so we have zero UE. Give them all free HC, free education if they want it, a free care, a free home and a free 55" flatscreen TV.
:eusa_boohoo:
I said "no handouts" and I meant it. Go back and reread the OP...

Question to the OP, if college was the answer why is the economy compared to that of the great depression when we have more people graduating college than at any other time in the worlds history?
Here are the top three reasons:
1) Too many artsy-fartsy college majors
2) Favorable tax treatment to employers that offshore their jobs
3) H1-B visas
The list goes on, but those are the biggies.

Let me guess, you want to pay for all of your "ideas" by cutting military.... Despite even if you cut 100% of military spending you would still be running a deficit... Meaning you would just be shifting the deficit spending from military to education and welfare.
You guessed wrong (although the military could definitely be cut somewhat). Taxes on the 1% have to go up. Period. No screaming, no whining. Supply-side economics is dead.

What sucks is that because you think saying FREE EDUCATION TO ALLLLLLL! makes you smarter than anyone that understands that free education means dumber students for ALLLLLLL! You know, based on history and all that.
And your evidence of this is ... what?
You will see no evidence coming from the con tools. They just believe what they believe because they want to believe it.

There is my quote, won't attack you for it, sometimes people read stuff wrong, I know I have.

"I want Harding and Coolidge era politics, conservatives that don't spend more and talk about God. Guys that walk the walk and have one of the best economies ever to show for it."

Once you get to know him you will realize that "misreading" stuff is his trademark.

Forum List

Back