GOP Vs. Dem Sex Scandals

The problem for Republicans is, if you continuously preach "Family Values" and try to pass regulations on morality and sexuality and then you turn around and do this kind of stuff, you're a massive hypocrite.

That's why it was so damaging for Elliot Spitzer, who was a Democrat, but was also a big preacher about morality.

Yes let's establish that all Reps are Hypocrites and etc because a couple of assholes go have sex with a hooker.

Same goes with the Left.

How did you even get that from what I said?

I said, "If you turn around and do this kind of stuff... You're a massive hypocrite."

Do all Republicans do "this kind of stuff"?

Hell, I don't even think all Republicans preach about Morality and Sexuality, do they?

And the example I went on to use was a Democrat...

Last edited:
And Charlie Rangel writes the tax laws and then breaks them.
Yet he is still in congress.

Sort of eliminates the impact of your post. No?

Another thread killer I guess.

Not really:

Why Charlie Rangel stepped down as Ways and Means chairman / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Has noithing to do with my point rdean.
He was Chairman of the ways and means committee and he was found to have not paid taxes on all of his income.

So yes, really.

The problem for Republicans is, if you continuously preach "Family Values" and try to pass regulations on morality and sexuality and then you turn around and do this kind of stuff, you're a massive hypocrite.

That's why it was so damaging for Elliot Spitzer, who was a Democrat, but was also a big preacher about morality.

Yes let's establish that all Reps are Hypocrites and etc because a couple of assholes go have sex with a hooker.

Same goes with the Left.

I said, "If you turn around and do this kind of stuff... You're a massive hypocrite."

Hell, I don't even think all Republicans preach about Morality and Sexuality, do they?

Not all. I thought I knew one once who didn't but it turns out i was wrong.

Same goes with the Left.

True.

But in all fairness, you said, "the problem with republicans is...." and I am sure you see how one can take that as you generalizing.

But yes, you did not say all republicans.

Taking lessons from Mr. Gibbs I see. Say what you say, know people will take it one way, and then say "that is not what I said" when they take it the way it seems.

Works like a charm. You know, like that "earmark" and "pork" thing President Obama used. He knew most poeple referred to pork as earmarks even though they are not one in the same. SO he played with people when he said there was not one earmark in the stim bill.

It is playing with people. And it worked well for you.

Last edited:

He was Chairman of the ways and means committee and he was found to have not paid taxes on all of his income.

So yes, really.

And he is now out of that job, really.

He WAS when he did not pay his taxes.
But you are just playing with me. You can not be that dense. Your posts are very intelligent on the most part.
So I concede. You were playing with me.
And I fell for it.
Have a great weekend

True.

But in all fairness, you said, "the problem with republicans is...." and I am sure how one can take that as you generalizing.

Taking lessons from Mr. Gibbs I see. Say what you say, know people will take it one way, and then say "that is not what I said" when they take it the way it seems.

Works like a charm. You know, like that "earmark" and "pork" thing President Obama used. He knew most poeple referred to pork as earmarks even though they are not one in the same. SO he played with people when he said there was not one earmark in the stim bill.

Ahh, I see how that could have been misconstrued, but if you look carefully, I actually said the problem "for" Republicans, not "with" Republicans. Meaning that there is a problem that applies to Republicans when this kind of thing occurs.

True.

But in all fairness, you said, "the problem with republicans is...." and I am sure how one can take that as you generalizing.

Ahh, I see how that could have been misconstrued, but if you look carefully, I actually said the problem "for" Republicans, not "with" Republicans. Meaning that there is a problem that applies to Republicans when this kind of thing occurs.

Yes, I can see that.
But you and I are on the same page here, so lets go out and enjoy the weather.
Have a great weekend.

So yes, really.

But you are just playing with me. You can not be that dense. Your posts are very intelligent on the most part.
And I fell for it.
Have a great weekend

Many Republicans attempt to make the case that Democrats never chastise their own. The truth is, it's Republicans who won't chastise their own, except for one reason and one reason only.

That reason?

Arrested for gay. Only for gay. Gay is the one "crime" Republicans can't accept.

True.

Yes, I can see that.
But you and I are on the same page here, so lets go out and enjoy the weather.
Have a great weekend.

You too. I"m out of here.

The major difference is that the Democrats are a bit more crass.

When it comes to stupid on sex, which is worse, Stanford of SC or Edwards of NC? How about Senator Ensign?

I don't know of anything the Republican can do that can top Barney Frank running a gay brothel out of his DC house, but given time, they will find a way.

And I fell for it.
Have a great weekend

Many Republicans attempt to make the case that Democrats never chastise their own. The truth is, it's Republicans who won't chastise their own, except for one reason and one reason only.

That reason?

Arrested for gay. Only for gay. Gay is the one "crime" Republicans can't accept.

Gay isn ot a crime and the GOP are a bunch a whining hypocrites.

Democrats are a bunch of arrogant hypoicrites with no direction

Time to leave.

Have a good one.

Forum List

Back