GOP uses "Hurt Some People" for "motivation"

R

rdean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub792aeMjlM&feature]‪The Town - Best Scene (oneliner)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The clip opens with the character played by Ben Affleck entering a room and saying: “I need your help. I can’t tell you what it is. You can never ask me about it later. And we’re going to hurt some people.”

The other character thinks about it for a minute and then asks, “Whose car are we going to take?”

“In the scene they chose to inspire their House freshmen, one of the crooks gives a pep talk to the other right before they both put on hockey masks, bludgeon two men with sticks and shoot a man in the leg,” Mr. Schumer said, a wicked grin on his face. “Literally in the movie, the protagonists say, ‘People are going to get hurt.’ But they have to go ahead and do it anyway.”

“Ladies and gentlemen,” he continued, “this is your House Republican majority.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/27/republicans-show-a-motivational-video/

-------------------------------------------------------

Some people feel that clip may not be the best choice, but seriously, doesn't that describe their policies perfectly?

Except for the very wealthy and corporations, who do they help? Not even their own base.

I read a curious statistic. 40% of those receiving Medicare don't believe they are getting government assistance. I wonder which party the majority of those people belong too?

Didn't you post this already and it fell to the bottom like a 2 pound lead sinker?

So desperate to find something, anything that will help Obama that we are now in the land of make believe. LOL

Yea, 2012 is going to be ugly.

Back to the usual stupid from Rdean.
rdeans.jpg

‪The Town - Best Scene (oneliner)‬‏ - YouTube

The clip opens with the character played by Ben Affleck entering a room and saying: “I need your help. I can’t tell you what it is. You can never ask me about it later. And we’re going to hurt some people.”

The other character thinks about it for a minute and then asks, “Whose car are we going to take?”

“In the scene they chose to inspire their House freshmen, one of the crooks gives a pep talk to the other right before they both put on hockey masks, bludgeon two men with sticks and shoot a man in the leg,” Mr. Schumer said, a wicked grin on his face. “Literally in the movie, the protagonists say, ‘People are going to get hurt.’ But they have to go ahead and do it anyway.”

Republicans Show a Motivational Video - NYTimes.com

Some people feel that clip may not be the best choice, but seriously, doesn't that describe their policies perfectly?

Except for the very wealthy and corporations, who do they help? Not even their own base.

I read a curious statistic. 40% of those receiving Medicare don't believe they are getting government assistance. I wonder which party the majority of those people belong too?

your intellectual vapidity has few equals.

I finally figured it out! McConnell is the Frank Burns of the Senate! :lol:

‪The Town - Best Scene (oneliner)‬‏ - YouTube

Republicans Show a Motivational Video - NYTimes.com

your intellectual vapidity has few equals.

vapid - lacking significance

Many who receive government benefits either don’t believe or don’t understand that they are government beneficiaries, according to a study last year by Cornell University political scientist Suzanne Mettler.

Those who incorrectly identified themselves as not receiving government help included 60 percent of homeowners who qualify for a mortgage-interest deduction, 53 percent of those who hold government-backed student loans, 47 percent of those who qualified for the Earned Income Tax Credit, 44 percent of Social Security recipients, 40 percent of Medicare recipients and 27 percent of Americans receiving welfare or Medicaid benefits.

Foe of ‘big government’ rakes in federal subsidies | Houston Chronicle

I don't know. Seems significant to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back