GOP 'tough shit' Senator causes thousands of workers to be furloughed without pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furloughs will affect employees at the Federal Highway Administration, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Research and Innovative Technology Administration.

So, the next time there is a bus accident, or some dies in a defective automobile, you can't get your interstate repaired, or that bypass isn't built........STFU.

I sure hope the GOP goes with that exact message. I got a feeling they won't, though.

They should use "Prosperity Through Lower Wages" as their next campaign slogan.

Or maybe this poster:

Republican-Stimulus-Plan.jpg

Statist's bury their failures in mass graves. Government wages should not resemble Lottery Winnings. Fuck the Unions. Fuck the Party Elite.

WASHINGTON — Two thousand federal transportation workers were furloughed without pay on Monday, and the Obama administration said they have a Kentucky senator to blame for it.

Republican Sen. Jim Bunning
854-Transportation_Furloughs.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Senate impasse puts federal employees out of work - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Hundreds of Thousands Lose Unemployment Benefits Due to GOP Filibuster

Jim Bunning: The Underperformer

Before he entered politics, Kentucky Republican Jim Bunning was an outstanding baseball pitcher who was inducted into the Hall of Fame. But so far the burly right-hander has struck out in his seven years in the Senate.

In addition to being hostile to staff members on the Hill and occasionally even other Senators, Bunning shows little interest in policy unless it involves baseball, according to congressional experts and colleagues. When asked, they struggle to recall any legislation Bunning has worked on, although he did join Arizona Senator John McCain last spring in demanding tougher punishments for steroid use in professional sports.

Read more: Jim Bunning: The Underperformer - TIME

well, i knew that they'd have somebody to toss under the greyhound.

at least bunning's in the other party.

This is a time the Libs are right. Bunning is wrong (and a shit senator)!

WASHINGTON — Two thousand federal transportation workers were furloughed without pay on Monday, and the Obama administration said they have a Kentucky senator to blame for it.

Republican Sen. Jim Bunning
854-Transportation_Furloughs.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Senate impasse puts federal employees out of work - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Hundreds of Thousands Lose Unemployment Benefits Due to GOP Filibuster

Jim Bunning: The Underperformer

Before he entered politics, Kentucky Republican Jim Bunning was an outstanding baseball pitcher who was inducted into the Hall of Fame. But so far the burly right-hander has struck out in his seven years in the Senate.

In addition to being hostile to staff members on the Hill and occasionally even other Senators, Bunning shows little interest in policy unless it involves baseball, according to congressional experts and colleagues. When asked, they struggle to recall any legislation Bunning has worked on, although he did join Arizona Senator John McCain last spring in demanding tougher punishments for steroid use in professional sports.

Read more: Jim Bunning: The Underperformer - TIME

Or maybe this poster:

Republican-Stimulus-Plan.jpg

Statist's bury their failures in mass graves. Government wages should not resemble Lottery Winnings. Fuck the Unions. Fuck the Party Elite.

I concur. To read some of the responses here? You'd think that people are entitled to these jobs. Far from the truth, especially when it comes to government jobs.

Shucks. People with obviously expendable jobs arent getting paid. Now they have the opportunity to do something more with their life instead of being a beauracrat. I hope they take advantage of this gracious opportunity.

Downsizing government is never a bad thing.

Obama is running the government. He might think he can pass the buck. But it's ultimately his responsibility to lead. If he cant do it, then it's on his shoulders. But my guess is he is going to do everything he possibly can to make sure his party members in Congress arent in the unemployment lines in January.

ok...first of all, this Bunning dude must have REALLY pissed off somebody to be the single source of blame for this....I wonder if he can stop healthcare reform that easily? Secondly, the article included information that stated that the furlough would probably be over by Wednesday. So get your panties out of a wad. All of those precious jobs that Obama is worried about loosing aren't REALLY gone. They are on hold. These money wasting, quick and temporary job generating projects will be back in action before you know it...but sadly, when the job is done, these people will be in the same boat.

So, whine bitch and moan all you want...but if the stimulus plan had been responsible for creating REAL long term jobs, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I guess all these people are sharing the same feelings as all those car manufacturing employees felt when Government Motors shut down so many plants and dealerships. Only now they have been instructed to blame one republican senator from Kentucky.

Woo-hoo! Obama talks about cutting government spending. Bunning actually does it!
Maybe those over-paid assholes will now go out and get a real job.

I sure hope the GOP goes with that exact message. I got a feeling they won't, though.

I'm all for lower wages for parasitic bureaucrats....Maybe they'll go out and get real jobs producing something.

Kentucky Republican Sen. Jim Bunning reportedly flipped the bird at reporters today, but 8,000 New Yorkers are among those who feel he did a lot worse to them.

Bunning’s single-handed obstruction of an emergency extension of unemployment benefits last week cost all of those people their checks.

“As of yesterday, 8,000 New Yorkers are left without benefits,” said Leo Rosales, a spokesman for the state Department of Labor. “What it means is, for the days they’re out, there is no money coming in…. You can imagine the worry they have right now.”

Democrats offered a long-term bill this afternoon that would fix the problem through the end of the year, but unless they can amend it to pay back the lost benefits, that money is gone for good.

Sen. Chuck Schumer said Bunning owes to out-of-work Americans to relent.

“I’ve gone around the state and met with New Yorkers who had the same jobs for years and years, but lost it and can’t find work no matter how hard they look,” Schumer said. “It is unfair and almost inhumane to cut these fine people off from their benefits.”

That’s not the only thing cut off by Bunning’s blockage. Also included was an extension of COBRA benefits, and funding for the Department of Transportation, which had to idle 2,000 workers (including in its Albany office). there’s also a provision that would have stopped a 21% cut in Medicare payments to doctors.

“Through his actions, Sen. Bunning is preventing people from getting unemployment compensation, health care access, transportation projects from going forward, and doctors who provide Medicare services from being paid,” said Maryland Rep. Chris Van Hollen, who runs the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

The bill offered today is likely to be debated and amended into next week, so Democrats plan to ask Bunning every day to change his mind. Until he does, they’ll hammer him and his Republican colleagues for being out of touch obstructionists.

Jim Bunning Costs 8,000 NYers Checks Today

What a shameless piece of crap. Thoughts?

Furloughs will affect employees at the Federal Highway Administration, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Research and Innovative Technology Administration.

So, the next time there is a bus accident, or some dies in a defective automobile, you can't get your interstate repaired, or that bypass isn't built........STFU.

Right. Because all those workers were uncovering safety violations every day on the job.:eusa_liar:
Probably the next time the toilets aren't clogged the remaining workers ought to be thankful.

He took a moral stand.

The Feds are spending ungodly amounts of money, running huge deficits, and piling on debt. The One himself reasserted the need for Pay Go. Bunning is just challenging Congress to find $10B in spending cuts to fund this program that they all think they need.

If they can't find $10B in cuts out of a $4T budget, then we would be better off with gridlock.

So now the repubs on this board like people to be out of work?

Are these transport workers lazy? Are they not needed? What do they do? If they are not needed, why are they employed in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back