GOP 'tough shit' Senator causes thousands of workers to be furloughed without pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
WASHINGTON — Two thousand federal transportation workers were furloughed without pay on Monday, and the Obama administration said they have a Kentucky senator to blame for it.

Republican Sen. Jim Bunning
854-Transportation_Furloughs.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

Senate impasse puts federal employees out of work - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Hundreds of Thousands Lose Unemployment Benefits Due to GOP Filibuster

Jim Bunning: The Underperformer

Before he entered politics, Kentucky Republican Jim Bunning was an outstanding baseball pitcher who was inducted into the Hall of Fame. But so far the burly right-hander has struck out in his seven years in the Senate.

In addition to being hostile to staff members on the Hill and occasionally even other Senators, Bunning shows little interest in policy unless it involves baseball, according to congressional experts and colleagues. When asked, they struggle to recall any legislation Bunning has worked on, although he did join Arizona Senator John McCain last spring in demanding tougher punishments for steroid use in professional sports.

Read more: Jim Bunning: The Underperformer - TIME

Way Go Repups- like steroid use for those over paid babies is such a top priority to the country in this day and age!

Good.

We need to thin out the herd of federal bureaucrats.

Let's start with Bunning...he is thinning out workers with families, NOT bureaucrats you pea brain moron.

Good.

We need to thin out the herd of federal bureaucrats.

Let's start with Bunning...he is thinning out workers with families, NOT bureaucrats you pea brain moron.
Looks like leftist wackaloons only like "paygo" in theory, but when it comes time to put it into practice you hit the fire exits. :lol:

Tough titties, dickweed. :tongue:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Well, Transportation isn't really good enough.,

If it had been Education department workers, and a couple extra zeros, I would sit up and cheer.

Wonder how all those Federal workers will enjoy being on the unemployment line like the rest of America??

What surprises me is that a number of the unemployed are Federal workers. Still, do the so-called progressives here think that unemployment checks should be never-ending? That doesn't make any sense. I was laid off since October 2008 because of the economy going into the crapper and I have yet to file for and collect an unemployment check.

WASHINGTON — Two thousand federal transportation workers were furloughed without pay on Monday, and the Obama administration said they have a Kentucky senator to blame for it.

Woo-hoo! Obama talks about cutting government spending. Bunning actually does it!
Maybe those over-paid assholes will now go out and get a real job.

Don't forget the 400,000 whose unemployment benefits have run out. Wanna bet 300,000 of those are Republicans? Don't feed 'em or they'll breed.

Woo-hoo! Obama talks about cutting government spending. Bunning actually does it!

I sure hope the GOP goes with that exact message. I got a feeling they won't, though.

I sure hope the GOP goes with that exact message. I got a feeling they won't, though.

They should use "Prosperity Through Lower Wages" as their next campaign slogan.

Wonder how all those Federal workers will enjoy being on the unemployment line like the rest of America??

Because inspectors on federal construction jobs are being furloughed, it is forcing construction projects to be shut down. So private construction companies and private contractors that were the successful bidders on those projects are forced to send their workers home. Contractors figure their costs and profits based on mobilization, material, available working days posed against project finish dates. It effects how many other jobs they bid on for that year. All projects have deadlines and incentives.and/or penalties attached to meeting or exceeding the finish date. This could lead to private contractors being penalized for failure to comply to the terms of the contract.

I know you right wing simpletons revel in seeing people suffer. This is not fiscal responsible governing, this is a form of domestic terrorism. It will push some American families over a cliff.

You assholes better start reading the Bible...you are heading for a really HOT eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back