GOP today filed a complaint against Obamam for his trip to see his GM

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
California Republican Party | CRP Files Federal Complaint Against Barack Obama, Obama Campaign, Obama Victory Fund | Press Release

Obama for America violated federal law by converting its campaign funds to Senator Obama's personal use. Senator Obama recently traveled to Hawaii to visit his sick grandmother. This was the right thing for any grandson to do-at his own expense-but it was not travel that his campaign may fund. In Senator Obama's own words, his travels took him "off the [campaign] trail for a day." The trip featured no campaign events of any kind its 22-hour duration and his decision to travel was "not driven by political concerns," according to an Obama spokesperson. Since the trip's purpose was entirely and admittedly personal, the fact that he made campaign telephone calls and talked with staff aides while travelling does not convert this purely personal trip into a proper campaign expense. Therefore, the Obama Campaign violated the FEC's ban on "personal use" of campaign funds when it paid over $100,000 for the Campaign's charter to fly to Hawaii without obtaining reimbursement from Senator Obama.

Last edited:
Interesting.

It hardly sounds devious, more like an oversight taht needs to be addressed.

• Banned
I think he has a window of time to reimburse his campaign but just how petty can you be?

The timing sure backfired on them though.

Uh, I don't think Obama will have any trouble paying it off. But that's just stupid for the GOP to complain about Obama spending $100,000 for something frivilous when they spent $150,000 for clothes for Palin and tens of thousands of dollars for her makeup. Ever heard of Revlon, lady?

Uh, I don't think Obama will have any trouble paying it off. But that's just stupid for the GOP to complain about Obama spending $100,000 for something frivilous when they spent $150,000 for clothes for Palin and tens of thousands of dollars for her makeup. Ever heard of Revlon, lady?

:rofl:

• Banned
In their attempts to get it in the record before the election they screwed themsleves.

Forum List

Back