GOP to introduce “We Built This!” slogan in taxpayer-built arena

I wonder if the Tea Party idiots holding those "WE BUILT THIS" signs, in a building that as the OP said was paid for by the government (taxpayers) realize one other thing: All those government employees they love to hate? Yeah, those folks paid fucking taxes just they everyone else out of their checks. The Tampa cops paid taxes towards all that shit. So did Tampa teachers. And Tampa public sanitation workers.

Sometimes right wingers forget that. That even govt employees pay taxes. Hell, they probably pay a higher rate than most rich people.

I wonder if the Tea Party idiots holding those "WE BUILT THIS" signs, in a building that as the OP said was paid for by the government (taxpayers) realize one other thing: All those government employees they love to hate? Yeah, those folks paid fucking taxes just they everyone else out of their checks. The Tampa cops paid taxes towards all that shit. So did Tampa teachers. And Tampa public sanitation workers.

Sometimes right wingers forget that. That even govt employees pay taxes. Hell, they probably pay a higher rate than most rich people.

Reagan Legacy Project List of honors named for Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can try saying we dont like gov't employees all ya want... its BS and sane folks know it.

Nice try though :eusa_clap:

I'm not even going to bother to post the full quote because you can find it on the internet on your own. Its painfully obvious what he means to anyone who knows what words mean and isn't a retarded person. The only "gaffe" was that he technically should have used "those" instead of "that" - but if we're going to hold Presidential candidates to the standard of having to speak every single word exactly grammatically correct - then we've added yet another standard for the president on to of al the others that seem to have been added on since Obama took office.

I posted the full quote several posts back and I can read what it says. However, logic and common sense tell most people he didn't articulate what he was saying well at all so it's being jumped on as something it isn't. Are we saying the same things because I'm getting confused? A gaffe to me means he incorrectly stated what he really meant to say. I'm defending him and also pointing out that others (people and government) help people build businesses. Certainly each business owner owes a lot of credit to himself/herself but it is a joint effort in many respects.

He really meant to say that businesses did not build the infrastructure as individuals, but rather, it was something we did collectively as a group. And that is what he said. For anyone who didn't get it, he summarizes with "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together" I don't really see how he could be any clearer.

You think any of these right wing wacks were watching the president when he made that comment, and said "OMG! I can't believe it!" They got their marching orders from the right wing media and Romney, who shaved the comments down to a single sentence with a dangling antecedent, and told people the way they should feel about it. By the time righties actually saw the context it didn't matter - their feelings were already set.

You'll see many of them say it doesn't matter what Obama says, it only matters what they feel about him. The right of today is the most emotionally driven element of American politics since the civil war

I was watching it, and all the damage control in the world you partisan hacks attempt will not change what Obama said, and what Obama meant... On videotape. You have to be a short bus regular to think it had anything to do with infrastructure... But we all know... If you disagree with Obama, you're a racist. It's laughably Preposterous.

You can try saying we dont like gov't employees all ya want... its BS and sane folks know it.

We dont have to say it. Neither do you, or anyone else. Actions speak. And the actions of 99% of Tea Party politicians have made a clear statement: Screw all govt workers and govt services (the sacred military excluded, of course, because they know their voters "support the troops" bumper stickers are fresh).

I posted the full quote several posts back and I can read what it says. However, logic and common sense tell most people he didn't articulate what he was saying well at all so it's being jumped on as something it isn't. Are we saying the same things because I'm getting confused? A gaffe to me means he incorrectly stated what he really meant to say. I'm defending him and also pointing out that others (people and government) help people build businesses. Certainly each business owner owes a lot of credit to himself/herself but it is a joint effort in many respects.

He really meant to say that businesses did not build the infrastructure as individuals, but rather, it was something we did collectively as a group. And that is what he said. For anyone who didn't get it, he summarizes with "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together" I don't really see how he could be any clearer.

You think any of these right wing wacks were watching the president when he made that comment, and said "OMG! I can't believe it!" They got their marching orders from the right wing media and Romney, who shaved the comments down to a single sentence with a dangling antecedent, and told people the way they should feel about it. By the time righties actually saw the context it didn't matter - their feelings were already set.

You'll see many of them say it doesn't matter what Obama says, it only matters what they feel about him. The right of today is the most emotionally driven element of American politics since the civil war

I was watching it, and all the damage control in the world you partisan hacks attempt will not change what Obama said, and what Obama meant... On videotape. You have to be a short bus regular to think it had anything to do with infrastructure... But we all know... If you disagree with Obama, you're a racist. It's laughably Preposterous.

Most of the right wIng nuts are well aware of what obama said and are merely being intellectually dishonest with this "issue". It takes a special kind of retard to stand up and say you actually believe that shit.

Most of them can't think beyond one liner talking points! That is why they buy into all this garbage, no questions asked. It taxes the brains of many cons to question things and think outside the box the party tells them to stay inside of!

Most of them can't think beyond one liner talking points! That is why they buy into all this garbage, no questions asked. It taxes the brains of many cons to question things and think outside the box the party tells them to stay inside of!

Im far from the point of saying "most" of the right wing is unintelligent or evil, etc. Some of the more radical Tea Party types (a minority of them) are in fact crazy and/or stupid.

I think overall....they're being severely misled. The Tea Party candidates are playing them, and painting all govt employees as villians. Why? Well, right now there is a thirst for some highly motivated viewpoints in politics. Not "extremism", but.....motivationism (SAT word!).

My line, as I've said often, is when the right wing began fucking with cops and firemen. Thats when I left to vote Democrat.

And among the many reasons....there is one very tiny additional reason that in scale is irrelevant, but true: If the hordes of right wing voters had bumper stickers that said "Support the Cops" and they were as passionate about supporting cops and firemen as they are the military, then no chance in hell the Tea Party candidates would suggest cutting pay, benefits for them.

The TP became all fucking politics and misleading voters.

First, since it seems to be the most common form of lunacy the left engages in judging from the few pages of this nonsense I manage to get through, I'd just like to point out that publicly funded does NOT necessarily mean FEDERAL FUNDING!!!

Liberals can't seem to distinguish between the public works that LOCAL governments do and FEDERAL projects. There is a HELL of a difference between federal taxes and local taxes and apparently some of you are too thick headed to comprehend the difference. Which explains you complete inability to understand the founders original intent for our republic and just exactly what conservatives believe.

The ARENA is the home of the Tampa Bay Lighting and is owned by Tampa Bay Sports and Entertainment LLC. That LLC...stands for limited liability corporation...just for you jackwagons that don't understand the notion of PRIVATELY OWNED BUSINESSES. It was NOT built with FEDERAL funds. And I nor MOST of your tax dollars paid a dime for it. Unless of course you live in the Tampa area.

It is a publicly (as in Tampa Bay...NOT the US) owned entity that was paid for with a combination of private funding and Municipal Bonds...NOT TAXES!

If you do not understand how municipal bonds work, google it since that seems to be the only place most of you seem to derive your intellect.

Either way the whole point to all this dumbassery you liberals are engaging in is WRONG...disingenuous and WRONG!!!

Obama never said that government was responsible of a business' success or failure. Just that PUBLIC WORKS projects set the stage for businesses to success or fail on their own. Your last sentence is correct...when applied to people like you.

Again...WRONG! Obama is wrong and you are just repeating the fallacy. The federal government does NOT DO PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS!!!!

Just add that to the cops are not hired using federal dollars as things liberals can't grasp. Neither or firemen or EMTs and the damn water company, a REAL public work, is paid for, owned and run by LOCAL GOVERNMENTS....NOT the federal government. Again, just flat WRONG!

Public works are built as a RESPONSE to the demands of LOCAL citizens and are approved and PAID FOR by local citizens...as the Constitution intended!

The people are the government and the government is the people. Obama made an unfortunate gaffe and most reasonable people know he was referring to bridges and roads, not an individual's business.

Yet one more thing to add to the WRONG column. Doesn't matter a LICK if it was a gaff or what he meant to say. It's all WRONG!

Only about 12% of ALL roads in this country were built by the federal government. The rest....88%...they were built by state governments, local governments and PRIVATE CITIZENS.

As a matter of fact, more roads in this country were and are STILL being built by PRIVATE CITIZENS than all roads ever built by the federal government. Over 60% of all new roads in FACT!

If you live in a subdivision...you are driving on roads built and PAID FOR by PRIVATE CITIZENS...the developers. You know, those evil businessmen. You can thank THEM for your success. Or maybe you should thank the fur traders, farmers and ranchers that built ALL roads in this country prior to the 20th century. MOST of which are now paved and you drive on every day!

And just to put a point on the absolute lack of common sense built into the asinine argument that government built roads are responsible for ANYONE'S success. There were more paved roads in any single major city in Europe than in the ENTIRE United States at the time Henry Ford rolled the first Model T off the production line. And NOT ONE of the very few paved roads that actually existed in the US were built by the federal government. Despite that, Model T's SOLD LIKE HOT CAKES!

So...you tell me just exactly what the hell tax payer funded roads had to do with Ford's success when they were being driven down rutted wagon trails and the first federally funded roads didn't show up in this country for nearly 40 years. And even then, it was in RESPONSE to Henry Fords dream....NOT to make it happen.

I've got to say, some of you folks are so completely incapable of logical thought and devoid of common sense it is freakin' amazing that you actually manage to live long enough to learn to write the CRAP you spew!

run along and play your make believe games...because it's all about what you believe in your head...so go back into your AM Radio driven paranoid delusions in your own little world....you and bigreb and the T can all mutually masturbate in fear of the nonexistent black helicopters and all of the Commies that are everywhere coming to get you....oh yeah....and your guns.

Hey, don't take MY word for it, Stool:

Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

The poll also finds a decline in Obama’s overall favorability rating one year after taking office. He is viewed favorably by 27 percent of U.S. investors. In an October poll, 32 percent in the U.S. held a positive impression.

“Investors no longer feel they can trust their instincts to take risks,” said poll respondent David Young, a managing director for a broker dealer in New York.'

Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors (Update1) - Bloomberg

yeah....can't be that big business is too fucking greedy, traitorous and economically destroying this country to become record breakingly wealthy and powerful.

America's economic recovery is contingent not only on business....but also labor. The vast majority of our country is labor. If labor is broke....they don't buy shit...if they don't buy shit....businesses fail. Labor has been getting screwed since the Reagan era and it's finally caught up to us.

Without the investor, be it big business or small business, there will be no demand for labor.

Don’t forget Baby Bush used the government to steal people’s land for his baseball team.

It is possible that they paid a higher rate than some rich folks, but not higher than working people in the private sector. They can afford it since they don't have to pay for their health care insurance or retirement fund like the rest of us working folks do and they can retire 10 or 15 years sooner.

The article doesn't say whether the arena was financed via revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, state tax funds or local tax revenues. That would make a significant difference. I've looked through several articles on this, and they all just say "public funds", which tells me virtually nothing.

Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

Last edited:
Don’t forget Baby Bush used the government to steal people’s land for his baseball team.

Angels stadium was 100% public financing. For decades, cities have pumped billions of dollars into baseball parks, playing on the lore of the game and promises of economic benefits and prestige. Most stadiums are owned by local governments; teams pay rent pegged to tickets, food, merchandise and advertising.

Tell me more about what Bush did.

The article doesn't say whether the arena was financed via revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, state tax funds or local tax revenues. That would make a significant difference. I've looked through several articles on this, and they all just say "public funds", which tells me virtually nothing.

Does anyone know? Does anyone care?

Found it.

The Tampa Bay Ice Palace was financed with revenue bonds:

S&P Rates Tampa Sports Authority, Florida Refunding Revenue Bonds 'A-' -- re> NEW YORK, May 15 /PRNewswire/ --

This means that individual and corporate investors purchased municipal bonds as an investment to finance the construction (and probably short term operation) of the Tampa Bay Ice Palace. The investment risk for these investors was whether the arena would be able to function profitably and pay the bond notes. The income from these bonds was probably federal, state and local income tax-free for local investors and federal tax free for outside investors. These were not public (tax-derived) funds for the most part.

Looks like the county invested too, but I don't know where those funds came from outside of part of tourist/valorem tax, the Democrats can jump on that. Since the bonds are rated "A" (many in Florida are not), those funds may not have been needed.

This wasn't that tough to find out.

Folks need to calm down and open their minds a bit. Maybe ask a question or two before screaming.

Last edited:
Where in the Hell did I say that? Oh....you must be "legitimately taping" my words too.

Yep... you are a regular bastion of intellect aren't ya :eusa_clap:

Glad I stepped away from your petty little diatribe...

oh...you mean my use of the word "taping"? Kindle word database does not have the word "rape", or any of it's forms in it. Sorry, forgot to correct one. fucking sue me.

You wouldn't know intellect unless your AM radio boys tell you what it is.

Really? Ticks on the ass of society? Same as welfare recipients? lazy, worthless? Don't fucking lie. Maybe YOU don't have a problem.....but don't assign your personal feelings to the rest of your ilk. Because I've heard it over and over.

The real problem between public and private sector is that labor rates in the private sector have stagnates and in many cases have been lessened since the Reagan Era, while public sector workers have not. Private sector workers should be PISSED that they are not making what Public Sector workers are. Instead, they wage a Corporate sponsored war to bring down the public sector, fed by their false prophets on the Radio and a massive marketing campaign paid for by billionaires who want a nation of serfs.

But hey.....It's cheaper than paying labor enough to live in their own country in a fairly comfortable fashion, isn't it?

I love all the crazy shit that Conservatives speak....But they absolutely refuse to believe that their side may(DOES) have an agenda too.....and that agenda isn't about survival of people, businesses, or even the country.....it's about greed and power and nothing will ever be enough.

Forum List

Back