GOP to introduce “We Built This!” slogan in taxpayer-built arena

Yeah, we know that others and especially the government didn't build anything or help businesses! Keep spewing the lies! Don't let reality, facts and fairness get in the way though!

LINK

Read More...

Sorry but government didn't build those things. Those things were built by the People, who got together through a system of representative decision making, and decided who would pay how much and what to build with the money. But that's not government.

The people are the government and the government is the people. Obama made an unfortunate gaffe and most reasonable people know he was referring to bridges and roads, not an individual's business.

It wasn't a "gaffe" at all. If you read the full statement there's no confusion as to what "that" refers to. He makes it painfully obvious in 2nd sentence after by saying "the point is..."

Sorry but government didn't build those things. Those things were built by the People, who got together through a system of representative decision making, and decided who would pay how much and what to build with the money. But that's not government.

The people are the government and the government is the people. Obama made an unfortunate gaffe and most reasonable people know he was referring to bridges and roads, not an individual's business.

It wasn't a "gaffe" at all. If you read the full statement there's no confusion as to what "that" refers to. He makes it painfully obvious in 2nd sentence after by saying "the point is..."

Sorry but you're wrong and even Obama wouldn't be stupid enough to think or say what people are erroneously attributing to him.

So next time my kid gets the honor roll I need to thank the bus driver, the janitor..and maybe the kitchen lady too?

No... she worked for that, and deserves ALL the credit for doing so.

Funny how the right seems to think teachers have nothing to do with a child's success but everything to do with their failures.

This entire debate is rediculous if ya ask me....

Sure we all share in the success of America (at least the contributors can) but lets get a grip folks, thats NOT the context Obama was using.

If you think it was, you do not know Obama.

You're right, you know him better than us. His actual words are irrelevant - you just know what he means, because you've got a feeling in your gut that just tells you. In fact - Obama doesn't even have to speak for you to know what he means. Its like you've got a psychic connection to him that the rest of us can't understand. I mean -who the fuck cares what he says? we all know he's a commie. So many people wouldn't be saying he was one if he wasn't.

I've heard all I need to from him... NOTHING he says will change the way I feel about him.

Lets see him run on his record for a change rather than barking at Romney to release his tax returns.

Oh yeah.... he can't because it sucks!

btw.... Where are Obama's college records?
Whats he hiding??

Sorry but you're wrong and even Obama wouldn't be stupid enough to think or say what people are erroneously attributing to him.

He's agreeing with you......

I'm not even going to bother to post the full quote because you can find it on the internet on your own. Its painfully obvious what he means to anyone who knows what words mean and isn't a retarded person. The only "gaffe" was that he technically should have used "those" instead of "that" - but if we're going to hold Presidential candidates to the standard of having to speak every single word exactly grammatically correct - then we've added yet another standard for the president on to of al the others that seem to have been added on since Obama took office.

He will if he gets off teleprompter.... thats down right dangerous for him.

Or is it....? :eusa_think:
Libs dont seem to care. He has them wrapped around his finger.

So next time my kid gets the honor roll I need to thank the bus driver, the janitor..and maybe the kitchen lady too?

Funny how the right seems to think teachers have nothing to do with a child's success but everything to do with their failures.

Sure we all share in the success of America (at least the contributors can) but lets get a grip folks, thats NOT the context Obama was using.

You're right, you know him better than us. His actual words are irrelevant - you just know what he means, because you've got a feeling in your gut that just tells you. In fact - Obama doesn't even have to speak for you to know what he means. Its like you've got a psychic connection to him that the rest of us can't understand. I mean -who the fuck cares what he says? we all know he's a commie. So many people wouldn't be saying he was one if he wasn't.

I've heard all I need to from him... NOTHING he says will change the way I feel about him.

Why would it? You're driven by your emotions, not your thoughts. The entire right wing is. You even admit to it.

Ahh! Yes, the teleprompter - add that to the list of things Republicans all of a sudden decided President's weren't allowed to do when Obama took offfice.

Then, give us a :link: and pronounce , or aver all you like, but really you are full of :poop:

Again you throw extremities out and hope they wil stick. :splat: Please save us from the :9
settle down, take a chill pill, :wine: and stop being such an :asshole:

Lets see him run on his record for a change rather than barking at Romney to release his tax returns.

Oh yeah.... he can't because it sucks!

btw.... Where are Obama's college records?
Whats he hiding??

Has Mitt Romney released his own college records? You know, back when he was dodging the draft in france? Republicans used to care about things like that.

I'm not even going to bother to post the full quote because you can find it on the internet on your own. Its painfully obvious what he means to anyone who knows what words mean and isn't a retarded person. The only "gaffe" was that he technically should have used "those" instead of "that" - but if we're going to hold Presidential candidates to the standard of having to speak every single word exactly grammatically correct - then we've added yet another standard for the president on to of al the others that seem to have been added on since Obama took office.

I posted the full quote several posts back and I can read what it says. The commentary following the quote points out like I said a long time ago to others who were hyperventilating that he was referring to "those" (bridges & roads), not "that". However, logic and common sense tell most people he didn't articulate what he was saying well at all so it's being jumped on as something it isn't. Are we saying the same things because I'm getting confused? A gaffe to me means he incorrectly stated what he really meant to say. I'm defending him and also pointing out that others (people and government) help people build businesses. Certainly each business owner owes a lot of credit to himself/herself but it is a joint effort in many respects.

Last edited:

I posted the full quote several posts back and I can read what it says. However, logic and common sense tell most people he didn't articulate what he was saying well at all so it's being jumped on as something it isn't. Are we saying the same things because I'm getting confused? A gaffe to me means he incorrectly stated what he really meant to say. I'm defending him and also pointing out that others (people and government) help people build businesses. Certainly each business owner owes a lot of credit to himself/herself but it is a joint effort in many respects.

He really meant to say that businesses did not build the infrastructure as individuals, but rather, it was something we did collectively as a group. And that is what he said. For anyone who didn't get it, he summarizes with "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together" I don't really see how he could be any clearer.

You think any of these right wing wacks were watching the president when he made that comment, and said "OMG! I can't believe it!" They got their marching orders from the right wing media and Romney, who shaved the comments down to a single sentence with a dangling antecedent, and told people the way they should feel about it. By the time righties actually saw the context it didn't matter - their feelings were already set.

You'll see many of them say it doesn't matter what Obama says, it only matters what they feel about him. The right of today is the most emotionally driven element of American politics since the civil war

Last edited:

In defense of President Obama, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, Michael Gerson wrote in the Washington Post, "Leaders who prefer to speak from the top of their heads are not more authentic, they are often more shallow — not more ‘real,’ but more undisciplined….Governing is a craft, not merely a talent. It involves the careful sorting of ideas and priorities. And the discipline of writing — expressing ideas clearly and putting them in proper order — is essential to governing.
The Teleprompter Debate - ABC News

There's one reason above all others that President Obama uses a teleprompter in delivering most of his speeches: he's good at it.

Ronald Reagan was the same way. He was more at ease in reading his speech off the dual screens of a teleprompter than looking up and down at a speech text on his lectern

Not so, George W. Bush. He often got that nervous, deer-in-the-headlights look when giving an address from a teleprompter. He would seem stiff and ill-at-ease. He did not convey a sense of understanding.

"He preferred using large index cards," said his one-time White House Press Secretary Ari Fleisher, "plus I think he was just more comfortable with the cards."

The Truth About Presidents And Teleprompters - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

:eusa_whistle:

I posted the full quote several posts back and I can read what it says. However, logic and common sense tell most people he didn't articulate what he was saying well at all so it's being jumped on as something it isn't. Are we saying the same things because I'm getting confused? A gaffe to me means he incorrectly stated what he really meant to say. I'm defending him and also pointing out that others (people and government) help people build businesses. Certainly each business owner owes a lot of credit to himself/herself but it is a joint effort in many respects.

He really meant to say that businesses did not build the infrastructure as individuals, but rather, it was something we did collectively as a group. And that is what he said. For anyone who didn't get it, he summarizes with "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together" I don't really see how he could be any clearer.

You think any of these right wing wacks were watching the president when he made that comment, and said "OMG! I can't believe it!" They got their marching orders from the right wing media and Romney, who shaved the comments down to a single sentence with a dangling antecedent, and told people the way they should feel about it. By the time righties actually saw the context it didn't matter - their feelings were already set.

You'll see many of them say it doesn't matter what Obama says, it only matters what they feel about him. The right of today is the most emotionally driven element of American politics since the civil war

That's what I've been saying. I guess we misunderstood each other. Go back and read my posts.

In defense of President Obama, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, Michael Gerson wrote in the Washington Post, "Leaders who prefer to speak from the top of their heads are not more authentic, they are often more shallow — not more ‘real,’ but more undisciplined….Governing is a craft, not merely a talent. It involves the careful sorting of ideas and priorities. And the discipline of writing — expressing ideas clearly and putting them in proper order — is essential to governing.
The Teleprompter Debate - ABC News

There's one reason above all others that President Obama uses a teleprompter in delivering most of his speeches: he's good at it.

Ronald Reagan was the same way. He was more at ease in reading his speech off the dual screens of a teleprompter than looking up and down at a speech text on his lectern

Not so, George W. Bush. He often got that nervous, deer-in-the-headlights look when giving an address from a teleprompter. He would seem stiff and ill-at-ease. He did not convey a sense of understanding.

"He preferred using large index cards," said his one-time White House Press Secretary Ari Fleisher, "plus I think he was just more comfortable with the cards."

The Truth About Presidents And Teleprompters - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

:eusa_whistle:

:rofl: :lmao:

obama-teleprompter-reuters.jpg

Last edited:
"We Built This" (the GOP's "Call Me Maybe"), is the catchphrase of the season, and it'll be a major theme of the Republican National Convention at the end of this month. The irony? They'll be holding that convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, formerly the Tampa Bay Ice Palace, which was publicly financed.

GOP Will Tout 'We Built This' In Arena Built With Public Funds - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Oh, the "irony".

Republicans will probably win because the rest of America is more interested in Kim Kardashian.
ssohtheirony.png

"We Built This" (the GOP's "Call Me Maybe"), is the catchphrase of the season, and it'll be a major theme of the Republican National Convention at the end of this month. The irony? They'll be holding that convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, formerly the Tampa Bay Ice Palace, which was publicly financed.

GOP Will Tout 'We Built This' In Arena Built With Public Funds - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Oh, the "irony".

Republicans will probably win because the rest of America is more interested in Kim Kardashian.

If the choice for president was Barrack Obama or Kim Kardashian; I'd vote for KK.

Oh, the "irony".

If the choice for president was Barrack Obama or Kim Kardashian; I'd vote for KK.

greepee.png

I wonder if they'll use "legitimate rape" too? Like Haliburton is legitimately taping the Northern Tier of PA with their tracking.... but what the fuck....who needs drinking water?
You can buy bottled water! From China!

Forum List

Back