GOP to introduce “We Built This!” slogan in taxpayer-built arena

The bonds are to be paid back in part by tax dollars. And ultimately its the taxpayers credit that is on the line. if the arena fails and the bondholders get screwed, do you think that makes them more or less likely to invest in such issues in the future?
Municipal Bonds are not "paid back" by tax payers period! They are tax exempt bonds...issued in varying denominations that are SOLD to private citizens, mostly those with disposable income as a tax shelter OR that earn a set interest rate that is generally MUCH lower than that of the rate of return for normal market based investments and mature at a set rate until they reach their full maturity, usually 10 or 20 years. At which point, they can be cashed in for the face value of the bond.

You are getting paid back good dollars with bad, INFLATED dollars, but they are tax free. Which is the appeal to the rich, but the reason that bonds have become dinosaurs to the average investor.

If the revenue or general obligation bonds fail...they are NOT PAYED BACK BY TAXES and the bond holders are NOT screwed. The issuer MUST take out an insurance policy on the bonds to get a sufficient credit ratings by the rating agencies so that folks will buy them in the first place.

HERE, read it for you self if you think I'm full of shit!

Is it really a government agency ?

NO! It's is basically an insurance Coop established by government edict in 1974 that has government oversight and which insures on a VOLUNTARY participation basis, only about 30% of the private pension plans in this country.

It receives NO...not one dime of government money!

It's a corporation and federal entities can NOT, by well established law, be incorporated!

Oh, and I explained it a post on the last page T. I know I'm long winded, so I don't blame ya for skimming past my stuff! ;~)

Hey pal, just be thankful that Our Great & Glorious Leaders in Central Planning allow you to even exist. Everything you have, everything you are, is because of Them.

Especially if you "own" a business.

:cool:
LOL...I HEARD THAT!

Let's see, how much equipment does the man say can I buy this year. I mean, I know I can deduct 50k...oh, wait. That was 4..or was it 5 years ago. Maybe it's 25 grand. Whatever, maybe they'll at least let me keep enough to get a new bobcat since i can't afford that new backhoe to replace my 12 year old beater and I could take on 4 new jobs right away. Nah, since my tax rate is going to be 39% next year, I guess I'll have to hold off and make due...even if it DOES reduce my income by a 1/3rd.

Of course, I don't have the time to spend ANOTHER 20-30 hours a week doing paperwork for the government if I COULD afford to take on more work. So I guess it's for the best anyway. I mean, it would cost about 10 grand just to hire someone to do the paperwork and then I'd have to pay them 40 grand a year to do it...which would eat up any profits I make from the new jobs after paying for the new bobcat. So I guess it's for the best anyway.

Since I OBVIOUSLY can't do it on my own...I'll just wait for OBAMA to do it for me!!!

Man, this shit is INSANE!

Forum List

Back