GOP to introduce more tax cuts

Dems only care about republ debt
Repubs only care about dem debt

Not one single voter that votes for dems or repubs cares about the debt

Keynesian theory is that the government should go into debt and increase spending during a weak economy. But when the economy picks up - and especially when it booms - the government should first pay down the debt and the once the deficit is under control, lower taxes.

During the 2008 recession, government spending and a willingness to increase government debt was the right thing to do. However, during GW Bushes first term - when there was a surplus, and now that we're in an economic boom, the government should pay down it's debt first and lower taxes later.

The GOP keeps screwing up this simple formula.

When was the last time any administration paid down any debt?

No one cares about the debt

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE DEBT

the evidence is all around you stop denying it.

Bill Clinton, with a republican Congress holding his feet to the fire to do it! Why did the not hold Dubya's or Rump's feet to that same fire?
FYI Bill Clinton did not pay down the debt but he did add 1.4 trillion to it which was a 32% increase over what the debt was when his term began

Don't make the rookie mistake of confusing deficits with debt

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?
Thats absurd. Congress creates the budget using an appropriations process.
who signs it?

A trillion dollar deficit and the economy is fine (though actually, it is not).

And the Reps want more tax cuts...without corresponding cuts to spending?

Are these people insane?

A trillion dollar deficit and the economy is fine (though actually, it is not).

And the Reps want more tax cuts...without corresponding cuts to spending?

Are these people insane?
you thought a trillion dollar deficit was fine under obammy! what's your issue today?

Keynesian theory is that the government should go into debt and increase spending during a weak economy. But when the economy picks up - and especially when it booms - the government should first pay down the debt and the once the deficit is under control, lower taxes.

During the 2008 recession, government spending and a willingness to increase government debt was the right thing to do. However, during GW Bushes first term - when there was a surplus, and now that we're in an economic boom, the government should pay down it's debt first and lower taxes later.

Bill Clinton, with a republican Congress holding his feet to the fire to do it! Why did the not hold Dubya's or Rump's feet to that same fire?
FYI Bill Clinton did not pay down the debt but he did add 1.4 trillion to it which was a 32% increase over what the debt was when his term began

If you are talking over his.whole term, absolutely he did. But by the end of his time in office they can small.surpluses.for fiscal years. But I agree, neither party cards once.they are in.power!
Wrong again

Clinton ADDED 1.4 trillion to the debt over his 8 years as president

This is basic math, man.

The debt was higher when he left than when he started

The last president who actually subtracted from the debt while in office was Coolidge

And the president signs it you idiot

If you are talking over his.whole term, absolutely he did. But by the end of his time in office they can small.surpluses.for fiscal years. But I agree, neither party cards once.they are in.power!
Wrong again

This is basic math, man.

The last president who actually subtracted from the debt while in office was Coolidge

As I said, the surpluses were of his last few fiscal years. I agreed with you about him adding to the debt overall! JFC Rumpers can not be talked to or reasoned with! Please carry on in Rumpland!

Wrong again

This is basic math, man.

As I said, the surpluses were of his last few fiscal years. I agreed with you about him adding to the debt overall! JFC Rumpers can not be talked to or reasoned with! Please carry on in Rumpland!

I will watch your head explode as I tell you I did not vote for Trump

I have not voted for any republican or democrat for decades now

And as I said surpluses don't matter if they are not applied to the debt

Every single president regardless of party since Coolidge has added to the debt

Therefore no pols from either party cares about the debt therefore no one who votes for either party cares about the debt

The evidence is clear yet you still want to deny it

Wrong again

This is basic math, man.

I will watch your head explode as I tell you I did not vote for Trump

I have not voted for any republican or democrat for decades now

And as I said surpluses don't matter if they are not applied to the debt

Every single president regardless of party since Coolidge has added to the debt

Therefore no pols from either party cares about the debt therefore no one who votes for either party cares about the debt

The evidence is clear yet you still want to deny it

Lol, you're not going to believe this but I agree with you and have not voted for either party since.2010!

when both chambers of congress have 2/3rds majority, veto is overridden.

when both chambers of congress have 2/3rds majority, veto is overridden.

And when was the last time a budget veto was overridden?

And it still doesn't matter if a budget gets overridden since it is still one of the two parties that all you people vote for that is responsible for adding to the debt

Forum List

Back