GOP to do what Obama refused to do - Go after Bush!

R

rdean

News Headlines

one of two most important figures to emerge is North County Congressman Darrell Issa.

Issa is poised to become a major player in national politics if he wins re-election and Republicans claim a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

If those two things happen, the 57-year old Republican from Vista becomes chairman of the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Tonight Could Be Very Good for Darrell Issa | NBC San Diego

Darrel-Issa.jpg

Issa points out that Obama has only been president for 22 months and the problems all started under Bush.

Remember the 9 billion lost in Iraq? Remember almost no one was prosecuted after Enron? Remember the money Cheney made from Iraq and the Bush/Cheney energy policy and how the Bush administration not only gave leases to oil companies, but gave those same companies subsidies?

He is asking the president for subpoena power, when Republicans denied the president subpoena power after BP so BP couldn't be investigated. Now THAT part is hilarious.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's see if Issa actually goes after Bush like he keeps promising. Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration. Will Issa be as "honest" and "transparent" as he says he wants to be? Will he do the right thing?

He's not promising to go after Bush. He gave him a pass already. He said something like "Well yeah Bush spent alot of money..but he had 9/11 and he kept us safe". He also acknowledge that Cheney did the same thing with Pawlenty that Clinton did with Sestak, but, now it's more of a problem..because, um, it's NOW.

Issa is going after President Obama, exclusively. And my hope is that President Obama does the "executive priviledge" tap dance the Bush administration did when even the slightest inquiries were made into what he was up to. That will be freakin hilarious to see if Scalia rules against his own decisions.

Enron? LOL

Cheney? LOL He sold his Halliburton stock ages ago!

Rdean you're a riot!

That's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read anywhere!

Maybe Issa will go after FoxxxxxxxxxxNewssssssss too!?

"Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration."

You're kidding, right? All he's done is point fingers at the previous administration.

News Headlines

one of two most important figures to emerge is North County Congressman Darrell Issa.

Issa is poised to become a major player in national politics if he wins re-election and Republicans claim a majority of seats in the House of Representatives.

If those two things happen, the 57-year old Republican from Vista becomes chairman of the powerful House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Tonight Could Be Very Good for Darrell Issa | NBC San Diego

Issa points out that Obama has only been president for 22 months and the problems all started under Bush.

Remember the 9 billion lost in Iraq? Remember almost no one was prosecuted after Enron? Remember the money Cheney made from Iraq and the Bush/Cheney energy policy and how the Bush administration not only gave leases to oil companies, but gave those same companies subsidies?

He is asking the president for subpoena power, when Republicans denied the president subpoena power after BP so BP couldn't be investigated. Now THAT part is hilarious.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's see if Issa actually goes after Bush like he keeps promising. Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration. Will Issa be as "honest" and "transparent" as he says he wants to be? Will he do the right thing?

What do you mean by 'the right thing'?

And... since Pelosi runs a less 'honest' and less 'transparant' Congress than the previous congress, are the left really in a position to whine about 'honesty' and 'transparency'?

"Obama wanted to "heal the nation", which is why he refused to point fingers at the last administration."

You're kidding, right? All he's done is point fingers at the previous administration.

:eusa_shhh: rdean doesn't like facts. He prefers fiction.

He's not promising to go after Bush. He gave him a pass already. He said something like "Well yeah Bush spent alot of money..but he had 9/11 and he kept us safe". He also acknowledge that Cheney did the same thing with Pawlenty that Clinton did with Sestak, but, now it's more of a problem..because, um, it's NOW.

Issa is going after President Obama, exclusively. And my hope is that President Obama does the "executive priviledge" tap dance the Bush administration did when even the slightest inquiries were made into what he was up to. That will be freakin hilarious to see if Scalia rules against his own decisions.

Fool:

Watch the first link video starting at 5:58.

He clearly says that he wants to go after Mineral Management whose policies were put in place by Bush.

Then he goes on to say it was be "disingenuous" to blame this president who has only been president for 22 months when the problems all started under Bush.

Come on you bunch of fucking idiots. Watch the fucking video. The first link at the top.

You guys always complain you don't like my links. Well this interview is from ONE OF YOUR OWN. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Fool:

He clearly says that he wants to go after Mineral Management whose policies were put in place by Bush.

Then he goes on to say it was be "disingenuous" to blame this president who has only been president for 22 months when the problems all started under Bush.

Come on you bunch of fucking idiots. Watch the fucking video. The first link at the top.

You guys always complain you don't like my links. Well this interview is from ONE OF YOUR OWN. What the hell is wrong with you people?

You're an idiot.

He said nothing of the kind.

I watched the whole thing. Nothing the Bush administration has done will be investigated under Issa.

Fool:

You're an idiot.

He said nothing of the kind.

I watched the whole thing. Nothing the Bush administration has done will be investigated under Issa.

Here, let me help you. I just typed out what he said:

"Under president Bush, the mineral management service was dysfunctional. We pointed it out, didn’t get if fixed and the people in the gulf paid a high price for it. So when we say we need to work together to fix this, we expect to have more co-operations.

It would be disingenuous to suggest that all problems in American began with President Obama 22 months ago. They didn’t. Most of the problems we’re fixing, uh, in fact, didn’t begin on his watch."

Hungry?

carrion%20crow_300_tcm9-139740_v1.jpg

images

Ken Lay, now you're going to pay for your Enron crimes!! You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney...are you listening to me?

The problem with the right wing is they are so easily tricked. They actually believed the billions stolen by Enron was because of one or two people. It takes hundreds of people, at least, to steal that much money. Republicans will offer up one or two sacrificial lambs and their base will be satisfied, probably because most own their Winnebago's and know no will take take their "wealth".

The reason Democrats did not go after Bush is there was nothing they could find to nail him on that Democrats were not a party to. Over the last 2 years Democrats have proven there were no facts to back their political rhetoric. Democrats have continued to prosecute the wars & continue much of the Bush agenda that weakened privacy rights.

On the other hand Democrats may have traded their Bush witch hunt for congress to overlook that Democrats ACORN & SEIU have colluded to undermine the democratic election system.

Forum List

Back