GOP to Consider Investigation of Sen. Burris for Perjury

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
CHICAGO -- Two Republican leaders in the Illinois House are expected to discuss their call for an investigation of U.S. Sen. Roland Burris for perjury.

Jim Durkin and Tom Cross plan a news conference Sunday afternoon.

They want to ask for an outside investigation into whether Burris perjured himself before a House committee investigating former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's impeachment.

GOP to Consider Investigation of Sen. Burris for Perjury - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Anyone Surprised?

Rep. Jim Durkin, the impeachment committee's ranking Republican, and House Republican Leader Tom Cross said Burris had every opportunity to reveal information about his contacts with the former governor's brother-in-law about possible campaign donations, but waited weeks to submit the information rather than divulging the details during testimony under oath.

"Mr. Burris had every opportunity in the world to fully describe his relationship with the governor and the circumstances of his appointment, so I don't buy it," Durkin said.

It's a completely contradictory statement," Cross told FOX News. "Do I think he committed perjury? Yes."

Burris Denies Perjury Charges After Illinois GOP Lawmakers Call for His Resignation - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Burris shows up at the press conference with his lawyer and blames the press for all his woes... :lol::lol::lol:

Jillian would be a she but that's the gist of it. Hear no evil speak no evil see no evil of the Obama man or any of his more notorious cohorts in Chicagoland where the Ghost of Richard Daley lingers on and the Dead vote democrat whatever their political affiliation in life.

Im not expecting anything to come of this because the Republicans dont have the power to investigate anything.

Im not expecting anything to come of this because the Republicans dont have the power to investigate anything.

these are the Illinois State Republicans.. maybe they'll call blago's brother to sing with them.. :eusa_whistle:

Yup, country going down the tubes as we try to recover from the economic woes from the Bush year and the GOP wants to investigate a Senator who forgot something.

Maybe they should begin asking themselves why they lost so badly in November. Has the American public finally began to realize the "witch hunts" are wasting tax payers money? The new GOP tactic is to take their ball and walk away. Not one GOP Congressman voted for the Stimulous. Three GOP Senators crossed the line.

If the US economy recovers, as it surely will, the GOP is going to look even sillier than they do now. The economy will begin a slow recovery in the 4th Quarter of 2009. The Stimulous Bill will get the credit while in reality, the whole mess is cyclical.

The Great Obstructionist Party loses again.

You mean like poor ole Scooter. Now that was a witch hunt. Culprit in the Plame case walks and poor ole scooter who by that point in time should not even have been called because they hew who the prep was does jail time for being a Bushie and a republican with a faulty memory.

I lived in Chicago for fifteen years, although it was quite a while ago. As I remember, I always liked Roland Burris. He seemed to conduct his politics away from the rest of Chicago politics. Maybe things changed since then, but I tend to believe him, as I think he is one of the few Chicago politicians with any integrity. As I said though, maybe things have changed with him too.

RAFLMAO!

Guess they should go look up Ken Starr...it's what the rabid right does when they lose.

Yup, country going down the tubes as we try to recover from the economic woes from the Bush year and the GOP wants to investigate a Senator who forgot something.

Maybe they should begin asking themselves why they lost so badly in November. Has the American public finally began to realize the "witch hunts" are wasting tax payers money? The new GOP tactic is to take their ball and walk away. Not one GOP Congressman voted for the Stimulous. Three GOP Senators crossed the line.

If the US economy recovers, as it surely will, the GOP is going to look even sillier than they do now. The economy will begin a slow recovery in the 4th Quarter of 2009. The Stimulous Bill will get the credit while in reality, the whole mess is cyclical.

The Great Obstructionist Party loses again.
the liberal excuse anyone but a conservative group has spoken

Look, we don't really know that much about the issue yet. If he did lie, he should be held accountable. Let's wait and see.

Forum List

Back