GOP Ties Payroll Cuts and Unemployment Benefits to Canada Pipeline - GOOD JOB GOP!!!!

I acknowledge that tar sand is the dirtiest crude to refine and it will pollute the air any place it is refined, so let it pollute the Canadian air rather than the American air.

Ok so you acknowledge that tar sand oil is the dirtiest crude and that people saying this pipeline will increase the carbon footprint are wrong.

Look we agree on something :cool:
If it is refined in America it increases America's carbon footprint. If it is refined in Canada it will increase Canada's carbon footprint. Let it increase Canada's carbon footprint and pollute Canada's air. They can sell the refined products just as easily as the crude, maybe even more easily. Why is keeping Canada's air clean more important than our own?????
Carbon footprint? Cut the bullshit...There is no such thing. It's a made up term by those who's interest is finding new ways to tax people and business.

been to the Dirty Oil site I see?

I saw it. It's what got me looking for confirmation of its claims. I wanted to understand how the pipeline might allegedly cost US jobs and cause pump prices to go up. So far, I've yet to find the Canadian government's analysis which it claims to get its information from. But I did find some Canadian newspaper articles that discussed the conditions of the Canadian portion of the Keystone, and was able to get an enlightening scoop on the state of oil distribution infrastructure between the US and Canada.

increasing our supply by 4% is a bad thing? why yes of course....:lol:

Supply to the US could be increased right now this very moment. Current capacity exceeds current demand.

Co2 is good for the earth. Need more! Go into the environmental section of this board and try to argue, and watch how people use the science to take your case apart. Co2 has never been shown to cause warming...It is a croak of shit.

I saw it. It's what got me looking for confirmation of its claims. I wanted to understand how the pipeline might allegedly cost US jobs and cause pump prices to go up. So far, I've yet to find the Canadian government's analysis which it claims to get its information from. But I did find some Canadian newspaper articles that discussed the conditions of the Canadian portion of the Keystone, and was able to get an enlightening scoop on the state of oil distribution infrastructure between the US and Canada.

Supply to the US could be increased right now this very moment. Current capacity exceeds current demand.

Anyone taken a look at the "dirty ag" site? As I've posted, agriculture has been polluting these very aquifers for decades. Where are the calls to halt farming?

Pipeline capacity will do little to alleviate overall demand for crude. We are millions of barrels per day in deficit.

I acknowledge that tar sand is the dirtiest crude to refine and it will pollute the air any place it is refined, so let it pollute the Canadian air rather than the American air.

Ok so you acknowledge that tar sand oil is the dirtiest crude and that people saying this pipeline will increase the carbon footprint are wrong.

Look we agree on something :cool:
If it is refined in America it increases America's carbon footprint. If it is refined in Canada it will increase Canada's carbon footprint. Let it increase Canada's carbon footprint and pollute Canada's air. They can sell the refined products just as easily as the crude, maybe even more easily. Why is keeping Canada's air clean more important than our own?????

I totally forgot about that invisible wall that keeps air from crossing from canada into other countries :lmao:

Anyone taken a look at the "dirty ag" site? As I've posted, agriculture has been polluting these very aquifers for decades. Where are the calls to halt farming?

Pipeline capacity will do little to alleviate overall demand for crude. We are millions of barrels per day in deficit.

It might do a little but it does something else.....that wealth goes from the USA to canada instead of from the USA to countries hostile toward us.

It's not a matter of conservatives not being able to negotiate with the other side, as-much-as them feeling entitled to get everything they want.....or, they'll throw a tantrum....

Like the Dems did in Wisconsin? Funny... I don't recall Republicans ever fleeing a state to avoid a vote.

How else are the Democrats in Wisconscin going to sympathize with and justly represent their union constituents, if not by getting paid while standing around doing absolutely nothing?

It's going to hard for you to continue making the claim that it is Republicans that are throwing tantrums about not getting their way when the Republicans just gave the Democrats the payroll tax cut they wanted...the extension of unemployment benefits they wanted...and most importantly...an infrastructure building job producer that supposededly EVERYONE wants...yet Harry Reid says that bill is "dead on arrival" and President Obama is threatening to veto it if it does make it through the Senate.

So who's being childish here?

This is the politics Newt Gingrich taught them

Looks like it's the Democrats that are willing to be seen as the "obstructionists" and flirt with a government shutdown.

For most of the past two weeks, the two sides have been divided over how to pay for the tax cuts and over the Republican insistence that the bill also force the White House to make a decision on the Keystone XL pipeline, which would carry oil from Canada to the U.S.

Democrats have blocked action on the spending bill until the Republicans caved, but that appeared unlikely late Wednesday.

“The House has done its work. It’s time for the Senate to do theirs,” said House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, who called on Democrats to release the spending bill from the blockade. “We’ve got an agreement in a bipartisan way on the appropriations process to fund the government. There’s no reason for it to be held hostage to try to give leverage to one side or the other.”

Congressional stalemate sets up Christmastime government shutdown - Washington Times

It's not a matter of conservatives not being able to negotiate with the other side, as-much-as them feeling entitled to get everything they want.....or, they'll throw a tantrum....

Like the Dems did in Wisconsin? Funny... I don't recall Republicans ever fleeing a state to avoid a vote.

How else are the Democrats in Wisconscin going to sympathize with and justly represent their union constituents, if not by getting paid while standing around doing absolutely nothing?

Doing nothing? Really?

Looks like Scott Walker is soon to be on his way out.

Doing nothing? Really?

LOL WI isn't IL, Chicago bully politics aren't going to work. Walker will survive this assault easily!

Doing nothing? Really?

LOL WI isn't IL, Chicago bully politics aren't going to work. Walker will survive this assault easily!

Wanna bet? They've already got over a half a million signatures, and well before the deadline.

Doing nothing? Really?

Wanna bet? They've already got over a half a million signatures, and well before the deadline.
Who is "they"?
There still must be a recall election.
It ain't over til it's over.
BTW, if you think if Walker is recalled will save the public worker unions and protect job security, you're mistaken.
There is a finite amount of money to pay these people.
There is a finite amount of patience among voters and their tolerance for abusive taxation.

in any event obama caved. he had to know that with many dems back channel telling him that the pipeline wasa good deal, he had to give in.

OR I am willing to consider he didn't want to back down and piss off his green sppt. and placate the unions at the same time, so he saw this coming and the problem is solved, he can say he signed on and he fought it too. BUT I don't think so, hes a dyed in the wool GWer, and if he were that smart a Politician, we would be infinitely better off than we are now.

Forum List

Back