GOP Throws Fit, Threatens To End Deal Over Obama Remarks

Remember when another deal got scuttled after the whiny little biatches got their fee-fees hurt?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d-6k7X4lJOQ]Barney Frank Mocks Republicans "Hurt Feelings" - YouTube[/ame]

:D

Poor things. They got their feelings hurt :(

I guess egos are more important than the country.

Obama Fiscal Cliff Remarks Spark Republican Threats To Blow Up Deal

With hours remaining to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, President Barack Obama said a deal is “within sight” and urged lawmakers to come together to avert automatic tax hikes and spending cuts that kick in on Tuesday.

But his midday press conference, with a group of middle-class Americans looking on, was not without a bit of bravado as well. Obama took multiple shots at Congress for its clumsiness in negotiations and insisted that he'd demand more tax hikes if the legislative body used the impending debt ceiling standoff to demand spending cuts.

In the process, the president irked several Republican aides, who suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism.

Doug Heye, a spokesman for House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.), tweeted, “If Obama's goal was to harm the process and make going over the cliff more likely, he's succeeding.” Another Cantor spokesperson said, “So....I'm confused....does POTUS want a deal or not? Because all those jabs at Congress certainly sounded like a smack in the face to me.

A source close to House Republican leadership went even further, telling HuffPost that the lower chamber was in revolt over Obama's remarks and that the deal could blow up because of them.

"In the process, the president irked several Republican aides, who suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism."
Maybe he was happy because he thought they really had a deal. Maybe he was happy for all the American who could wake up in the morning and know that the cliff was avoided. Maybe he was just happy to relax and enjoy his New Year.

The republicans where upset by his 'tone of voice'? Well that good enough reason for me to fuck the country.

Obama was indeed wrong to be so happy. BECAUSE IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!!! :mad:

You realize that YOU and others that hate Republicans are claiming it's about Republicans not liking the "tone of Obama's voice" right? You do understand this yes?

With hours remaining to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, President Barack Obama said a deal is “within sight” and urged lawmakers to come together to avert automatic tax hikes and spending cuts that kick in on Tuesday.

But his midday press conference, with a group of middle-class Americans looking on, was not without a bit of bravado as well. Obama took multiple shots at Congress for its clumsiness in negotiations and insisted that he'd demand more tax hikes if the legislative body used the impending debt ceiling standoff to demand spending cuts.

In the process, the president irked several Republican aides, who suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism.

Doug Heye, a spokesman for House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.), tweeted, “If Obama's goal was to harm the process and make going over the cliff more likely, he's succeeding.” Another Cantor spokesperson said, “So....I'm confused....does POTUS want a deal or not? Because all those jabs at Congress certainly sounded like a smack in the face to me.

A source close to House Republican leadership went even further, telling HuffPost that the lower chamber was in revolt over Obama's remarks and that the deal could blow up because of them.

what fucking deal?

"In the process, the president irked several Republican aides, who suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism."
Maybe he was happy because he thought they really had a deal. Maybe he was happy for all the American who could wake up in the morning and know that the cliff was avoided. Maybe he was just happy to relax and enjoy his New Year.

The republicans where upset by his 'tone of voice'? Well that good enough reason for me to fuck the country.

You realize that YOU and others that hate Republicans are claiming it's about Republicans not liking the "tone of Obama's voice" right? You do understand this yes?

Well I am sure Eric Cantor will be out any minute to clear that up for me.

Obama is a fucking douchebag. In a day when they need to work together, he runs his mouth like an asshole. How did this fucknut get elected twice?

Oh and fuck off, Jose'.

The stupid and the lazy outnumber the smart and productive. It's really that simple.

More damn takers than there are makers and if obamie gets his way there will be even less makers.

Jose Alcaraz Correa Real Enrique Espinoza doesn't have enough intellect to carry on a real debate, that's why he has the need to post as he does. I'm told his family is real proud of him. :eusa_shhh:

What does his "family" have to do with it? Did they really tell you that?

Sshh, only Shyster, the most corrupt USMB admin can talk about family.

You can talk about family, also....just don't mention which family member, and don't attack said family member. I didn't attack any family member, and didn't place an attack on anyone but you, Jose. You've proven my point for me, so all is good.

The Senate caused this mess and Obama made sure to tip it over the edge... Have fun with people paying more taxes, now you will hear nothing but CUT TAXES CUT TAXES CUT TAXES from Dems, the 2 parties will officially be identical.

Vote wasn't even taken up in the Senate, there were several senators from each party that didn't like it.
The bill was strictly about taxes and nothing...nadda about spending.
600 billion in spending reductions over 10 years is 60 billion a year...which is nothing compared to the deficit.
After the 600 billion Obama wants any spending cuts linked to more taxes on the rich on top of what is being suggested right now.
Looks like he is the radical that we all knew he was. Some of you just won't admit it.

Vote wasn't even taken up in the Senate, there were several senators from each party that didn't like it.
The bill was strictly about taxes and nothing...nadda about spending.
600 billion in spending reductions over 10 years is 60 billion a year...which is nothing compared to the deficit.
After the 600 billion Obama wants any spending cuts linked to more taxes on the rich on top of what is being suggested right now.
Looks like he is the radical that we all knew he was. Some of you just won't admit it.

I truly think Boehner should pull a Reid for the next four years. :D

The Senate caused this mess and Obama made sure to tip it over the edge... Have fun with people paying more taxes, now you will hear nothing but CUT TAXES CUT TAXES CUT TAXES from Dems, the 2 parties will officially be identical.

The repubs should put a bill together that will cut taxes in the new year....seems they could get the credit for it.

The President said on sunday that the senate will have a bill ready to go to cut taxes for 98% of the American people if the repubs push us into the ditch AGAIN.

The President said on sunday that the senate will have a bill ready to go to cut taxes for 98% of the American people if the repubs push us into the ditch AGAIN.

Four dems and 4 republicans are holding up the vote. The taxes were compromised to 400K for an indvidual and 450K for a family. The rest seemed to be on board with the compromise.
It's a group effort, Dot. Neither party has clean hands regarding this fiscal cliff.
No matter how much the wingnuts try to paint the picture.

I really did think that Obama was going to be a uniter....really, I took him at his word. :eusa_eh:

So did my employer who told me today at work that he stupidly voted for Obammy in ` 08 , based upon the hopey changy thing, but this last time, voted against him. :D "Lousy choices.....( you know the rest )

Poor Josey, you have it backwards.

Our first black president (who has huge ears) has put his ego in the way.

Thanks for your two cents, skank. Now get back out to the street corner and earn another two cents.

Four dems and 4 republicans are holding up the vote. The taxes were compromised to 400K for an indvidual and 450K for a family. The rest seemed to be on board with the compromise.
It's a group effort, Dot. Neither party has clean hands regarding this fiscal cliff.
No matter how much the wingnuts try to paint the picture.

How do you know who is holding up the vote and how can I learn such intriguing things?

That's it! Cover your ass with bullshit statements like that and the progressive mindless fucks eat it up!

Grats on admitting tax cuts are good and you support them 98% of the time, unless Republicans do them! Grats on wanting the Bush era tax cuts but freaking out because you only agree with 98% of the tax cuts but can't compromise on the other 2%. Grats on offering ZERO cuts! Yay, progressives are fuckin idiots!

Forum List

Back