GOP threatens Dems: If you try reconciliation, we’ll go nuclear with amendments

Not a minority.

But it's nice to know you stand firmly against minorities.

Time for Dems to face reality, Barrycare is dead.​

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

532.gif

We HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THE WORKING POOR, people. It's there.

Bullshit. There is absolutely such thing as affordable health care NOR health insurance. Show me a link where my brother, a sous chef, who makes $12 an hour (which is well above minimum wage, is it not?) can afford health insurance or health care beyond a basic clinic. Most restaurants only offer health insurance to management, you know...I (and he) would love to know. Oh yeah, it doesn't exist. Last I checked, it costs upwards of $300 a month for a shitty, bare bones policy if you buy it on your own. Even I couldn't afford that, and I'm considered middle class-soon to be lower class. If my employer didn't offer matched health care benefits, I wouldn't be able to afford insurance NOR health care, either and that's a fact.

He is your brother pay for it for him...oh wait...no....the rest of us should take care of it for him.

Moron.

Hot Air Blog Archive GOP threatens Dems: If you try reconciliation, we’ll go nuclear with amendments; Breaking from NYT: Dems “slam the brakes” on ObamaCare

The GOP Senate leadership has privately settled on a strategy to derail health reform if Dems try to pass the Senate bill with a fix through reconciliation, aides say: Unleash an endless stream of amendments designed to stall for time and to force Dems to take untenable votes…
Senator Judd Gregg is getting some attention today because he vowed to make it an “extraordinarily difficult exercise” for Dems to pass the Senate bill through the House while getting the Senate to fix the bill with a “sidecar” through reconciliation…
[T]here’s no limit on the number of amendments GOPers can offer, [a Republican] aide said, or on their subject matter. A senior Democratic aide confirmed that this is the case — and that it’s a concern weighing on Dems.
“If you bring a reconciliation bill to the Senate, it’s a free for all of amendments,” the GOP aide said, cautioning that this was only part of the overall strategy. “There is no way to limit the number of amendments that are voted on. You can’t close debate. Democrats will have to vote on every politically perilous amendment that you can possibly think of.”

Time for Dems to face reality, Barrycare is dead.

So is Congress.

What fucking asshole resurected a two and a half year old thread? Really, what bottom dwelling ass munch did it?

tea party minority, heh:

"Despite media claims that the Tea Party has gone dormant and that Sarah Palin’s influence has waned, the candidates she backs for office have an uncanny knack for winning their elections — even when they start far off the pace:

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin — though derided on the left and recently dismissed by former vice president Dick Cheney as a poor pick in 2008 — is nevertheless proving her enduring power within the Republican Party in the most concrete of ways: She keeps picking winners.
Each of five candidates she has endorsed this year who have faced primaries or other campaigns have won, including former Texas solicitor general Ted Cruz, who Tuesday beatthe state’s well-connected lieutenant governor for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate. …
She has endorsed just nine Republicans this year — five of them women, according to the Web site of SarahPAC, her political committee. In an interview on Fox News on Wednesday, Palin said that she is making down-ticket races, not the presidential campaign, a focus of her efforts this year. She called Senate and House races “so instrumental in reforming government, shrinking it, allowing the private sector to grow and thrive.”

"Regardless of whether one thinks Palin was a good pick for the 2008 ticket, she has transformed into a highly influential activist with the grassroots. Attempting to minimize that or marginalize Palin as a powerhouse in the GOP will likely leave Palin with the last laugh."

Guess who’s on a winning streak in endorsements? « Hot Air

What fucking asshole resurected a two and a half year old thread? Really, what bottom dwelling ass munch did it?

Shaman.

I pos repped myself before I realized I was repping a post I wrote years ago.

Do you not read?

No, probably not:

""Despite media claims that the Tea Party has gone dormant and that Sarah Palin’s influence has waned, the candidates she backs for office have an uncanny knack for winning their elections — even when they start far off the pace:

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin — though derided on the left and recently dismissed by former vice president Dick Cheney as a poor pick in 2008 — is nevertheless proving her enduring power within the Republican Party in the most concrete of ways: She keeps picking winners.
Each of five candidates she has endorsed this year who have faced primaries or other campaigns have won, including former Texas solicitor general Ted Cruz, who Tuesday beatthe state’s well-connected lieutenant governor for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate. …
She has endorsed just nine Republicans this year — five of them women, according to the Web site of SarahPAC, her political committee. In an interview on Fox News on Wednesday, Palin said that she is making down-ticket races, not the presidential campaign, a focus of her efforts this year. She called Senate and House races “so instrumental in reforming government, shrinking it, allowing the private sector to grow and thrive.”

Forum List

Back