GOP, Tea Party unveil "plans/policies" for next two years

R

rdean

Hardball just had Republican after Republican and leaders of the Tea Party for the entire time of the show. Chris Mathews asked the same questions to each and every one and the answers were amazing.

First, the debt ceiling came up for each guest. Republicans said they would do whatever it takes to keep government running. The Tea Party guest said they could "shut down government" and that would be fine. Shut down government? I wonder what Gov. Christie thinks about that?

Then they talked about Health Care. Republican want to repeal health care. The recent CNN Poll was discussed again and again.

----------------------------
CNN Poll: Controversial health care provision unpopular – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Overall, 54 percent oppose the law, down five points from March, with 43 percent in favor of the measure, up four points from earlier this year. But roughly a quarter of those who oppose the new law do so because it is not liberal enough. Only 37 percent of the public opposes the new law because it is too liberal.
-----------------------------
But look at the REAL Numbers, 43% are in favor of the measure and 13% feel it didn't go far enough. Hmmm, add those two together and 56% are either in favor or feel it didn't go far enough. Odd.

The amazing part was when they listed their policies on health care, creating jobs, regulating Wall Street, keeping jobs here. Here is the complete description of the Republican and Tea Party policies:

1. Health Care
a. repeal and replace with nothing.
b.

2. Creating jobs
a.

3. Regulating Wall Street
a. More deregulation
b.

4. Keeping jobs here
a.

5. Debt ceiling
a. Raise ceiling (GOP)
b. Shut down government (TP)
c.

6. Darrel Isa
a. Get Obama
b. Get Obama
c. Get Obama
d.

Well, that's it. That's the Republican plans for helping America for the next two years. If someone has more info, please share. Provide links. Help us to understand what Republican's plans are for the next two years.

Can't wait for you TPers to explain to the boys in Afghanistan why they won't be paid, or resupplied until some compromise is found.

Oh?

That isn't the government you were thinking of when you elected to shut it down out of childish spite?

Well that's the government we have, so maybe it would help to think just a tad more deeply about the problems we're actually facing.

Last edited:
Shut Gubmint down? *I'm ALL FOR IT*. We'd be alot better off. Bog everything down.

Is that what you think would happen? Bog things down?

I highlighted it for you...or is reading a task that escapes you?

WE the people would be just FINE. Some of us don't need Gubmint to function in our daily lives.

Get it?

You mean like

— medical care of inpatients and emergency outpatient care;
— activities essential to ensure continued public health and safety,
including safe use of food, drugs, and hazardous materials;
— continuance of air traffic control and other transportation safety
functions and the protection of transport property;
— border and coastal protection and surveillance;
— protection of federal lands, buildings, waterways, equipment and other
property owned by the United States;
— care of prisoners and other persons in the custody of the United States;
— law enforcement and criminal investigations;
— emergency and disaster assistance;
— activities that ensure production of power and maintenance of the
power distribution system;
— activities essential to the preservation of the essential elements of the
money and banking system of the United States, including borrowing and
tax collection activities of the Treasury; and
— activities necessary to maintain protection of research property.
http://rules.house.gov/archives/98-844.pdf

Hardball just had Republican after Republican and leaders of the Tea Party for the entire time of the show. Chris Mathews asked the same questions to each and every one and the answers were amazing.

First, the debt ceiling came up for each guest. Republicans said they would do whatever it takes to keep government running. The Tea Party guest said they could "shut down government" and that would be fine. Shut down government? I wonder what Gov. Christie thinks about that?

Then they talked about Health Care. Republican want to repeal health care. The recent CNN Poll was discussed again and again.

CNN Poll: Controversial health care provision unpopular – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Overall, 54 percent oppose the law, down five points from March, with 43 percent in favor of the measure, up four points from earlier this year. But roughly a quarter of those who oppose the new law do so because it is not liberal enough. Only 37 percent of the public opposes the new law because it is too liberal.
But look at the REAL Numbers, 43% are in favor of the measure and 13% feel it didn't go far enough. Hmmm, add those two together and 56% are either in favor or feel it didn't go far enough. Odd.

The amazing part was when they listed their policies on health care, creating jobs, regulating Wall Street, keeping jobs here. Here is the complete description of the Republican and Tea Party policies:

1. Health Care
b.

2. Creating jobs
a.

a. More deregulation
b.

4. Keeping jobs here
a.

5. Debt ceiling
a. Raise ceiling (GOP)
c.

6. Darrel Isa
a. Get Obama
b. Get Obama
c. Get Obama
d.

Well, that's it. That's the Republican plans for helping America for the next two years. If someone has more info, please share. Provide links. Help us to understand what Republican's plans are for the next two years.

Well, while the GOP id doing real business why don't you lame assed fucktards on the left figure out why it snowed in new joisey this year? mkay?

i wonder how many posters besides me just have to view a Thread started by Dean?....i usually figure ...oh geez more of the same old shit......lets see what else is going on......30 seconds later its....oh shit i gotta go in and look....:lol:.....you never disapoint Dean....

Figures. The incoming GOP'ers screwed up.

They should have said that because the US Government cannot afford to default on its debt, that they would be willing to do a little horse trading for support of debt limit increases.

We will vote to raise the debt limit if we get signed assurances that the budget will be cut 20% across the board.

1. Health Care
b.

2. Creating jobs
a.

a. More deregulation
b.

4. Keeping jobs here
a.

5. Debt ceiling
a. Raise ceiling (GOP)
c.

6. Darrel Isa
a. Get Obama
b. Get Obama
c. Get Obama
d.

You know the part that amazes me the most about this?

Rdean has complained again and again about the Republicans running up the debt under Bush, Bush, and Reagan, yet when someone steps up and says that we need to stop spending and spending past the debt limit, and just raising it like it doesn't matter at all, he cries about it because there is a Democrat in the White House.

Would it help if I I lined up a Democrat who supports not raising the debt ceiling again? Or even a Tea Party Republican who thinks that raising it is a good idea? Or would the fact that not everyone thinks the same cause your brain to explode?

Fact of the matter here folks is that something's gotta GIVE. I'd prefer it be government...and NOT raising the debt ceiling and getting serious about this debt we're in courtesy of ALL of our electeds.

Enough is enough. We're broke for Christ's sake.

The people I guess to Deany weren't loud enough in the midterms.

Forum List

Back